Sabine Pass vs. Evadale Game Thread/Evadale wins/Comments

[quote name="grang33" post="987145" timestamp="1300848811"]
Sloppy game "alumni" aka Trevino didn't pitch bad but errors killed them but congrats rebs
[/quote]

4 errorss and the same amount of hits as evadale. i say (aside from losing) not a bad job by SP

Just wanted to say that the Rebels are 4-0 and they have been playing baseball for 9 days. When the Rebel football team went into the later raounds of the playoffs when they finished the basketball team was into tournament play and they had the opportunity to work their way into playing shape in a trial by fire kaind of way. The baseball team on the other hand has had to jump right into district play knowing that every game counts from the get go.

This group of seniors most of whom have played all or part of their four years playing on the varsity have NEVER lost a district game! They have won 7 or 8 playoff games or series and have played longer than any other team in SETX into the season of two of the last three sports and the other just as far as any SETX team. There are five players that have been on all three teams that have made playoff runs this year, Tyler Tucker, Billy Nichols, Adam Stark, Deven Murphy and Kyle Taylor. Of the remaining players on the squad only one is a baseball only player so this group continues to be productive day in and day out.

I am thankful for a tough game against Sabine Pass and hope that more games are competitive. Maybe then we will not hear the "weak district" stuff at least until next year, when I am sure that it will come up once again. The Rebels know they have work to do, but they just keep on winning and that is what the record will show as this year come to a close and the class of 2011 brings their high school careers to an end. We are all just hopeing that the final bell will end up with a state championship as the crowning achievement for a group of players who have given us all they have and so much enjoyment to watch and cheer for.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="987273" timestamp="1300885158"]
Just wanted to say that the Rebels are 4-0 and they have been playing baseball for 9 days. When the Rebel football team went into the later raounds of the playoffs when they finished the basketball team was into tournament play and they had the opportunity to work their way into playing shape in a trial by fire kaind of way. The baseball team on the other hand has had to jump right into district play knowing that every game counts from the get go.

This group of seniors most of whom have played all or part of their four years playing on the varsity have NEVER lost a district game! They have won 7 or 8 playoff games or series and have played longer than any other team in SETX into the season of two of the last three sports and the other just as far as any SETX team. There are five players that have been on all three teams that have made playoff runs this year, Tyler Tucker, Billy Nichols, Adam Stark, Deven Murphy and Kyle Taylor. Of the remaining players on the squad only one is a baseball only player so this group continues to be productive day in and day out.

I am thankful for a tough game against Sabine Pass and hope that more games are competitive. Maybe then we will not hear the "weak district" stuff at least until next year, when I am sure that it will come up once again. The Rebels know they have work to do, but they just keep on winning and that is what the record will show as this year come to a close and the class of 2011 brings their high school careers to an end. We are all just hopeing that the final bell will end up with a state championship as the crowning achievement for a group of players who have given us all they have and so much enjoyment to watch and cheer for.

[/quote]
Good post. Wish all the best, for a fine group of young men.

Sabine Pass was better than what I was expecting, but there short stop absolutely killed them in the field and truthfully cost them the game!! Great job Rebels keep it up!!!

One more thing it won't be near as close next go around Evadale will be seasoned with plenty of games and practice under their belt! I will go out there and say Evadale will 10 run rule them if not they win by 8 or 9!!

(MARK MY WORDS)

[quote name="SATCHEL" post="987468" timestamp="1300906491"]
Sabine Pass was better than what I was expecting, but there short stop absolutely killed them in the field and truthfully cost them the game!!
[/quote]

Totally agree. The whole team showed up except him. Im sure he takes full blame  for it as the team lader but baseball is baseball and he had an off night. Just happened to be the wrong night to have it.

[quote name="SATCHEL" post="987468" timestamp="1300906491"]
Sabine Pass was better than what I was expecting, but there short stop absolutely killed them in the field and truthfully cost them the game!! Great job Rebels keep it up!!!

One more thing it won't be near as close next go around Evadale will be seasoned with plenty of games and practice under their belt! I will go out there and say [b]Evadale will 10 run rule them if not they win by 8 or 9!! [/b]
(MARK MY WORDS)
[/quote]
yeah everybody said that the first game and it didnt happen..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder