Do I have this right?

I have been told head to head goal difference for third, then the two leftover play a play-off game for fourth in the event of a four-way tie.

Final round games for them:

Vidor @ Hamshire Fannett
PNG @ LCM
Nederland @ Central

PNG needs to win stay 2nd

If Vidor, LCM and Central ALL win, there is a four way tie for second!  :o

I think Vidor has the inside track on 3rd based upon the schedule and the way they have played the second round. We will see!

I hope Vidor makes it into playoffs, but all of this depending on other teams to win or lose is just plain frustrating.  Watching the second round of district, Vidor has shown that they are as good or better than any of the other top teams in district.  How is it that we are going into the last game of district on a prayer, that other teams will lose so that we can make it into the playoffs?  With the talent level and the experience on this team we should be comfortably sitting in a playoff spot like PNG and Nederland.  I hate to compare us to them but I feel like we have the same amount of talent, if not more.  With all of this negativity aside, I will be cheering for you tonight, and you can count me in, as one of the fans praying that you'll make it. 

[quote name="soccerinsider" post="985115" timestamp="1300485243"]
I hope Vidor makes it into playoffs, but all of this depending on other teams to win or lose is just plain frustrating.  Watching the second round of district, Vidor has shown that they are as good or better than any of the other top teams in district.  How is it that we are going into the last game of district on a prayer, that other teams will lose so that we can make it into the playoffs?  With the talent level and the experience on this team we should be comfortably sitting in a playoff spot like PNG and Nederland.  I hate to compare us to them but I feel like we have the same amount of talent, if not more.  With all of this negativity aside, I will be cheering for you tonight, and you can count me in, as one of the fans praying that you'll make it. 
[/quote]

Boy, you are just gonna take shots at Coach Weidel right to the bitter end, huh?  I'm no soccer officianado (sp)...might not even consider myself a fan.  But for Vidor to still have a shot at the playoffs in what seems to be a pretty tough district seems to be more of a testament to his coaching ability than his indictment of it.  Why don't you stop the nitpicking and get behind you team no matter what?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="985174" timestamp="1300488013"]
[quote author=soccerinsider link=topic=81819.msg985115#msg985115 date=1300485243]
[/quote]

Boy, you are just gonna take shots at Coach Weidel right to the bitter end, huh?  I'm no soccer officianado (sp)...might not even consider myself a fan.  But for Vidor to still have a shot at the playoffs in what seems to be a pretty tough district seems to be more of a testament to his coaching ability than his indictment of it.  Why don't you stop the nitpicking and get behind you team no matter what?
[/quote]

I agree with WOSgrad.  Lets just play ball and leave the personal attacks for another time and place. (If at all) .  Time to grow up.

Congrats to Vidor on pulling off a playoff spot.  To soccerinsider.  surely you could do better if someone was undermining your every game and every move.  The team he has is a quality group of young men and he is doing what it obviously has taken to get them to the next round. That is a great thing considering the even district they are playing in.  Seems like soccerinsider should go back into coaching and show us how him how its done. Congrats to Wedel and the Vidor Pirate soccer team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline