Nederland vs. Vidor Boys Match Thread/Nederland Wins/Comments

It was Vidor's senior night tonight and it just didn't turn out right for them. I thought the game was pretty even and if Newcastle and his pirates would have been able to stop Wagner, it could have been a different story. I think this was the longest soccer game in UIL history. I only got to see Nederland's goal because the one moment I get up to go the bathroom I hear that Vidor scored off a beauty direct kick. It was a clean quality game by both sides, rather large fan support, and a great game of soccer. Vidor has really come a long way this season and I think Newcastle has a lot to do with that. I've known him for a while now and the guy is a class act.

Nederland had a little bit more of the play during regulation, but Vidor had more of the game in the two overtime periods.  Game was decided on the 12th round in the shoot-out.  Not a UIL record, but quite a long shoot-out nonetheless.  Vidor has really upped their game in the 2nd round of district.

Great Win for the Dogs!  Vidor is a tough team very physical.  I was glad to see the ref letting the boys play and not blowing his whistle every 5 seconds.  I love the fans.  Both Vidor and Nederland had the stands full and were very very loud.  Its great to see such support for Soccer.

Great game -- I was impressed with Nederland (my first time to see them).  I only saw the second half and, of course, all the extras.  Weird rule.  I was expecting kicks from the mark -- I have to admit, that was a more exciting.  I though Nederland controlled the first 20 minutes of the second half, but, after that point, it was 50-50 if not an edge to Vidor.  Good luck to Nederland in the playoffs.  Hopefully, Vidor can still secure the two seed but not sure of the goal differentials.  They still have to travel to Hamshire and they are tough at home. 

Good job to all the players.  It's tough because in sports someone has to eventually lose, but (here comes the old saying) I thought both teams were deserving last night.  Last night's performance is a good reason to reward teams for ties (split the points).  It is why soccer does that in all matches except knockout matches.  Congrats again to both squads. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder