JASPER TOURNAMENT THREAD/POST UPDATES HERE!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="980522" timestamp="1299774337"]
Thursday games:

Vidor 17, Center 8
Hemphill over Center
Hemphill 12, WOS 9
Silsbee 13, Livingston 3 (5)
Jasper 10, Livingston 0

Friday games:

Vidor 7, Silsbee 6
Silsbee 12, Huntsville 8
Huntsville vs. West Orange-Stark, 2:30 p.m.
Livingston vs. Center, 5:00 p.m.
Jasper vs. Hemphill, 7:30 p.m.
[/quote]

Looks like the smallest school in the tourney is making some noise. Way to go Hornets.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="982024" timestamp="1299971454"]
Does anybody have anything from this tournament?

Scheduled Saturday games:

Livingston vs. West Orange-Stark, 9:30 a.m.
Vidor vs. Huntsville, 12:00 p.m.
Jasper vs. Huntsville, 2:30 p.m.
Jasper vs. Silsbee, 5:00 p.m.

[/quote]

Livingston 11 WOS 2

Vidor 10 Huntsville 2

Silsbee Jasper tie 5-5 in 8 innings. Silsbee tied it up in the top of 7.  Silsbee was down 5-0 at one point. This era of the Tigers don't quit, they just keep battling even through the errors we came back. We need to get a handle on the errors, do that and the close losses and tie games will turn into wins. Go Tigers!!!

Jasper played a good game, Jacob Soisson stepped up and pitched 5 inning's he play's short stop. His first time on the mound since 8th grade, that goes to prove what kind of talent we have. There were a few mistake's they have to improve on, we left to many player's on base. Jasper will get stronger as we go into the season. GOOD LUCK DOG'S                Jasper 5 Silsbee 5

Pitching rotation in J town just got deeper. Does that make him the No. 2 pitcher- jk. Great game and hope to see more like that soon like Silsbee/BC and Jasper / Hudson. So many little things that could change a games outcome without ever getting another hit. Both team getting more confident and will both get better as the season progresses. Go Dogs.

[quote name="dawgpound" post="982477" timestamp="1300121026"]
Jasper 3rd baseman, Junior-Drake Floyd pitched a complete game against Huntsville getting a "W".  Not too bad for him and Soisson, [b]two guys that are normally infielders and not in the pitching rotation[/b].
[/quote]

This is when you start finding your diamonds...  ;)

[quote name="j_dog" post="982574" timestamp="1300134369"]
Every year it seems that Coach Mixon successfully brings someone in to pitch that had not been a pitcher. 
[/quote]

It seems to me every year he has a new standout pitcher that we've never heard of.....!!!!!!

[quote name="j_dog" post="982574" timestamp="1300134369"]
Every year it seems that Coach Mixon successfully brings someone in to pitch that had not been a pitcher. 
[/quote]

I could be wrong but I seem to remember this kid pitching in little league and junior league(13-14).  I don't think this is a kid who has never pitched.

[quote name="westend1" post="983035" timestamp="1300215675"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=81538.msg982574#msg982574 date=1300134369]
[/quote]

I could be wrong but I seem to remember this kid pitching in little league and junior league(13-14).  I don't think this is a kid who has never pitched.
[/quote]
almost every kid pitches some in little league it seems to me.  I will rephrase.  Every year it seems that Coach Mixon successfully brings someone in to pitch that had not been a pitcher on Mixon's varsity high school team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder