What Qualities Needed For The New Hamshire Fannett Basketball Coach ?

I think the part that is not being continues to be ignored by the Dove is that the AD is the one that sets the policies.  Th former coach fought this as well with no success so to assume just because there is a new coach that there are going to be all of these changes is going a bit far.  If you also consider that with the list of applicants its not like they are going to have someone head strong and willing to take on the ad who just hired them.  So we can talk about the approved Dove training programs until we are blue in the face but I really don't see it changing. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="993004" timestamp="1302011071"]
I think the part that is not being continues to be ignored by the Dove is that the AD is the one that sets the policies.  Th former coach fought this as well with no success so to assume just because there is a new coach that there are going to be all of these changes is going a bit far.  If you also consider that with the list of applicants its not like they are going to have someone head strong and willing to take on the ad who just hired them.  So we can talk about the approved Dove training programs until we are blue in the face but I really don't see it changing. 
[/quote]

EXACTLY!!!

The new basketball coach will be just as involved in football as the previous coach was, that's a fact!!! There will not be any drastic changes.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="993004" timestamp="1302011071"]
[/quote]Huh? I know you are somewhat upset this week behind all the failings at the Final Four this week, but I will give you a pass because of the current events ;) Let me make myself very clear AGAIN on where I stand with HF basketball. I have not suggested any policy changes. Any conditioning I mention on this board is what I use to prepare my kids for the season. I don't care if HF lifts weights. My kids need it for the summer ball. I applaud the weight training. But, I don't believe in knee bends for my middle school kid because he's still young (13 years) and very active after the season ends. That puts a lot of stress on that area at a young age. Now, you can get on me for calling out  HF's varsity program on this forum. That situation accepted  8) :-X :-X :-X :-X

[quote name="speechless" post="993033" timestamp="1302013036"]
actually there are no football duties tied to the job

at least there weren't this year
[/quote]

Maybe not, but I do know that Coach Richards was in the coaches booth up in the pressbox at Tiger Stadium for the game between HF and Silsbee. He had a headset on. ;)

hey, the bb coach can coach the running backs for all I care. Just put your team in a situation to win a game, play a competitve schedule, use your talent, have a goal to win district, and have a goal to whip HJ and Silsbee twice in district. We can do this!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="993038" timestamp="1302013457"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=81494.msg993033#msg993033 date=1302013036]
actually there are no football duties tied to the job

at least there weren't this year
[/quote]

Maybe not, but I do know that Coach Richards was in the coaches booth up in the pressbox at Tiger Stadium for the game between HF and Silsbee. He had a headset on. ;)
[/quote]I thought he was only filming the game. But hey, YOU would know better than me ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="993066" timestamp="1302015308"]
That may be the case. I just know what I saw. The visiting coaches booth is right next to our broadcast booth, share the same door. I don't think he was that involved. May have just been listening.
[/quote]Can't wait for the basketball season to start to give you a hard time during your broadcasts, especially @ Silsbee and winning.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="993072" timestamp="1302015663"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=81494.msg993066#msg993066 date=1302015308]
That may be the case. I just know what I saw. The visiting coaches booth is right next to our broadcast booth, share the same door. I don't think he was that involved. May have just been listening.
[/quote]Can't wait for the basketball season to start to give you a hard time during your broadcasts, especially @ Silsbee and winning.
[/quote]

Bring it!!

Question is, will you and your sons still be there? ;) ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="992810" timestamp="1301951045"]
[quote author=Dav-J link=topic=81494.msg992805#msg992805 date=1301950004]
[b]Qualities Needed for HF Basketball Coach.[/b]

Possess "Chuck Norris" style abilities to:

1. Shrug off the "Cheerleader Mom" parents, board members and administratorsthat insist on their darlings playing varsity over equally or more skilled players.

2. Deal with constant criticism during the season.

3. Deal with constant criticism postseason.

4. Deal with constant criticism preseason.

5. Deal with threats such as I'll take my boy down the street to play at _____________ H.S.

6. Basketball coaching qualities necessary are minimal due to "vast and superior knowledge" of a couple parents with "AAU experience".

7. It will helpful if you can leap tall buildings in a single bound and count to infinity 2 or three times.

Mental toughness will be the key. You'll need it.

[/quote]Reading is fun-dumb-mental. I can challenge you on every statement you just wrote. #1:No parent that I am aware of asked their kid to play on varsity. Now, do you really want to continue this?
[/quote]

::)

[quote name="Dav-J" post="993210" timestamp="1302031289"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81494.msg992810#msg992810 date=1301951045]

1. Shrug off the "Cheerleader Mom" parents, board members and administratorsthat insist on their darlings playing varsity over equally or more skilled players.

5. Deal with threats such as I'll take my boy down the street to play at _____________ H.S.

6. Basketball coaching qualities necessary are minimal due to "vast and superior knowledge" of a couple parents with "AAU experience".

7. It will helpful if you can leap tall buildings in a single bound and count to infinity 2 or three times.

[/quote]Reading is fun-dumb-mental. I can challenge you on every statement you just wrote. #1:No parent that I am aware of asked their kid to play on varsity. Now, do you really want to continue this?
[/quote]

[/quote] You really need to do better than this Coach Dav. C'mon! TRY! I dare you 8)

[quote name="Dav-J" post="993217" timestamp="1302031890"]
Okee Dokee (country talk)

You are right on Item 1!

I could have left off the administrators and left it at parents and board member
pressuring for freshmen to be moved up.

Challenge away my friend.  :D

[/quote]You got it my friend. You said "......(.edit) insist on their darlings playing varsity over equally or more skilled players." Surely, you are not referring to me? I NEVER insisted my son play varsity. I did say that a certain JV (guard)player should have been moved up to varsity, and he wasn't my son. #2 All the equally or more skilled guards did not play varsity in the beginning. Okay, c'mon , dig yourself deeper into what you think you know 8)

No problem --- I'll spell a little clearer  >:(
and talk      s  l  o  w  e  r .

--- I eliminated administrator---
--- Lets remove parent from #1----  :-X  :-X

That leaves B____m____.

See -- Its not all about you....

Time for you to tackle qualities 2 , 3, 4, etc.
That is more parental anyway.

[quote name="Dav-J" post="993243" timestamp="1302038278"]
No problem --- I'll spell a little clearer  >:(
and talk      s  l  o  w  e  r .

--- I eliminated administrator---
--- Lets remove parent from #1----  :-X   :-X

That leaves B____m____.

See -- Its not all about you....

Time for you to tackle qualities 2 , 3, 4, etc.
That is more parental anyway.
[/quote]I never heard of no other parent demand their kid play varsity. If so, the coach didn't give in to the demands. Okay lets see whats next here

Please READ carefully --- I really can't write it more clearly.

Remove Parent and Administrator from #1 and it leaves board member.

See its simple......

Is that Carly Simon singing non stop ?  ::)

Lets see whats next ?? Seriously ?

How's about # 2, #3 # 4 # 5

Thats enough homework for you.

[quote name="Dav-J" post="993210" timestamp="1302031289"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81494.msg992810#msg992810 date=1301951045]

[/quote]

[/quote]#2 & 3: I'll give you those. No biggie ;)
#4 Yeah, I did hear a few parents say some things preseason. But I found to be true ;D
#5 Ain't no parent said they will take their kid down the street to another school ;D
#6 I can only speak for me. I was positive for the .....at the beginning of the season. I didn't want to believe what I heard. I thought the parents were making up the stuff I heard. My superior knowledge showed me they were correct in their assessment.
#7: You can have that one too.
I'm vain, I wish this was more about me than other. I can't answer for them.

[quote name="Dav-J" post="993258" timestamp="1302039931"]
Great ! Glad you finally agree on qualities of new HF Basketball Coach.
(I knew you would come around)

Now lets discuss the "4B+" plan. (I have to give credit to Zoneblock for that one)

Whats your opinion on that?
[/quote]I see where you're going with this. Interesting politics. I'm still a dreamer and firmly believe (this year) that talent will overcome the politics you are referring to now. WOW!  :-X

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder