What Qualities Needed For The New Hamshire Fannett Basketball Coach ?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tamulonghorn
barbers hill had twice the number of kids to pull from
and they were still nothing more than an average 3a program
they didnt make any deep runs in basketball even as a 3a

You better look real close at who they hire.  You don't want to waste another year.  Before you know it, they will be a junior and sophomore and got nothing out of it.  I still predict they are wearing hawk uniforms in the future and playing in the drum at the state tournament.

[quote name="bballgod" post="982657" timestamp="1300143473"]
You better look real close at who they hire.  You don't want to waste another year.  Before you know it, they will be a junior and sophomore and got nothing out of it.  I still predict they are wearing hawk uniforms in the future and playing in the drum at the state tournament.
[/quote]

Not gonna happen........HJ is done with talent.  Rebuilding for a few years!!!

The smart thing for Blue's kids may be to move to HJ, Silsbee, or Kountze, but there has been so much talk on here it would be hard to move now without the UIL stepping in, even though it happens all the time in Texas, especially the larger cities.  Either way I wish the best for his boys, dont know them, but I like Bluedove, and wish them the best.  Or you never know, they may find someone at HF that can run the basketball program the way he wants and they will have success right at home.  But if they cant run the program the way its needed to win, it is like it has been stated on here, you could hire Bobby Knight, Don Meyer, it wouldnt matter.  You cant win if you dont have time to teach and they dont have time to learn. 

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="982773" timestamp="1300155233"]
[quote author=bballgod link=topic=81494.msg982657#msg982657 date=1300143473]
[/quote]

Not gonna happen........HJ is done with talent.  Rebuilding for a few years!!!
[/quote]You forgot to put the  ::) ::) behind your statement  ::) ::) :D

[quote name="Malcolm X" post="982870" timestamp="1300197016"]
If they're smart they would go after Clay Davis or Ben West ;)
[/quote]I'm curious. I don't know Ben West or most of the names being mentioned on the site. But, what would Ben West bring to Hamshire Fannett basketball?

Dear Coaches: The HF job may be better than some realize. You would be taking over a program without a winning season for several years. Make the playoffs for several years and you will be considered a basketball guru. You would be writing your own ticket for your future ;)

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="982885" timestamp="1300198617"]
Dear Coaches, You could be getting an even better deal.  If you don't run the program the way that the parents see fit it could lead to you having extra time on your hands for your skills to improve on coaching football and track.   ;D
[/quote]Too bad you feel this way. I think most of the HF parents expressed what was happening during the season. To my knowledge, no one went to the school board complaining about releasing the former coach. I personally heard the griping from last season and I didn't want to think it was the coach's fault. I was against the parents at first.
I'm old school and I was raised to believe in the coaches. It just got to a point where I could not believe what I was seeing from that team. It was horrible. And obviously the administration felt a change was needed. The decision wasn't made overnight. We should have beaten Orangefield like a drum  :P

Bluedove,

Might want to check your pay scale.  The possibility of taking a pay  cut to come to HF based on hiring schedules is high.  I did a quick search of online documents and found that the schools that border HF all had higher salaries. To be fair, that does not include coaching stipends. I also did not look north of Beaumont.  For someone who wants a head job bad enough, money may not be an issue. 

Food for thought.......

[quote name="shermdog" post="983501" timestamp="1300244520"]

Bluedove,

Might want to check your pay scale.  The possibility of taking a pay  cut to come to HF based on hiring schedules is high.  I did a quick search of online documents and found that the schools that border HF all had higher salaries. To be fair, that does not include coaching stipends. I also did not look north of Beaumont.  For someone who wants a head job bad enough, money may not be an issue.  

Food for thought.......
[/quote]

Uh, a local car salesman along with AAU monies will surely compensate. ;) ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="983599" timestamp="1300247386"]
[quote author=shermdog link=topic=81494.msg983501#msg983501 date=1300244520]

Bluedove,

Might want to check your pay scale.  The possibility of taking a pay  cut to come to HF based on hiring schedules is high.  I did a quick search of online documents and found that the schools that border HF all had higher salaries. To be fair, that does not include coaching stipends. I also did not look north of Beaumont.  For someone who wants a head job bad enough, money may not be an issue.  

Food for thought.......
[/quote]LOL!I'm taking the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Uh, a local car salesman along with AAU monies will surely compensate. ;) ;D
[/quote]

Wildcatter stated "You are forgetting that a football ad is the guy who is going to be doing the hiring.  We had an opportunity to hire a really good basketball assistant last year, everything checked out on him etc.  Then, at the last moment, a good football assistant opened up and we instead had a new assistant bb coach who had never even played the game. I just think that a true bb coach is going to have trouble here due to the fact that the fb coach is not really interested in building a solid program, he wants to build "athletes" which means better football.  JMO"

Who would this "good assistant" be???  The assistant that was hired was a head basketball coach and is the only one on the staff with ANY playoff experience.  Who should HF have hired?

Does anyone know the list of applicants yet?  AAW has said a few clues as to who has applied but no concrete list.

[quote name="killingmesmalls" post="983824" timestamp="1300296953"]
Wildcatter stated "You are forgetting that a football ad is the guy who is going to be doing the hiring.  We had an opportunity to hire a really good basketball assistant last year, everything checked out on him etc.  Then, at the last moment, a good football assistant opened up and we instead had a new assistant bb coach who had never even played the game. I just think that a true bb coach is going to have trouble here due to the fact that the fb coach is not really interested in building a solid program, he wants to build "athletes" which means better football.  JMO"

Who would this "good assistant" be???  The assistant that was hired was a head basketball coach and is the only one on the staff with ANY playoff experience.  Who should HF have hired?

Does anyone know the list of applicants yet?  AAW has said a few clues as to who has applied but no concrete list.
[/quote]

I have been privy of some of the names on the list (which is still growing, no deadline set yet) but until HF makes it public, then I will not mention any names.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder