What Qualities Needed For The New Hamshire Fannett Basketball Coach ?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jettyman
The Knight in Shinning Armour may come riding into town on his cycle and bandanna in check for his interview. If this is true, Blue, this would be a good thing Hornville.

[quote name="jettyman" post="982177" timestamp="1300020514"]
The Knight in Shinning Armour may come riding into town on his cycle and bandanna in check for his interview. If this is true, Blue, this would be a good thing Hornville.
[/quote]yeah Aggie mentioned one coach who was suppose to be on the downlow, but obviously somebody out there talking. I hear this one coach is the answer to HF and would provide the discipline needed on that team. Not sure if the same who wears a bandana.

[quote name="jettyman" post="982192" timestamp="1300028906"]
Nash, I love you bro, but Dwight Howard doesn't look like he is scared of a weight room. With moderation and timing, a solid weight program can be productive.
[/quote]Well your talking about building a winning program ,right? Well just how many championships has Howard won?? I seem to have seen were Garnett has 2 championships and he has never lifted. He said that he did not have to lift weights to shot a basketball. Maybe if Howard spent more time working on his jump shot, and less on body building he might win one ;)

[quote name="True Blue" post="982207" timestamp="1300034569"]
[quote author=jettyman link=topic=81494.msg982192#msg982192 date=1300028906]
Nash, I love you bro, but Dwight Howard doesn't look like he is scared of a weight room. With moderation and timing, a solid weight program can be productive.
[/quote]Well your talking about building a winning program ,right? Well just how many championships has Howard won?? I seem to have seen were Garnett has 2 championships and he has never lifted. He said that he did not have to lift weights to shot a basketball. Maybe if Howard spent more time working on his jump shot, and less on body building he might win one ;)
[/quote]

Larry Bird and Kevin McHale dont hold any weight lifting records either.  LeBron lifts zero weights and does yoga instead.  I am not anti-weight lifting - there is a need for it- but not at the cost of skill development

You are forgetting that a football ad is the guy who is going to be doing the hiring.  We had an opportunity to hire a really good basketball assistant last year, everything checked out on him etc.  Then, at the last moment, a good football assistant opened up and we instead had a new assistant bb coach who had never even played the game. I just think that a true bb coach is going to have trouble here due to the fact that the fb coach is not really interested in building a solid program, he wants to build "athletes" which means better football.  JMO

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="982227" timestamp="1300039317"]
You are forgetting that a football ad is the guy who is going to be doing the hiring.  We had an opportunity to hire a really good basketball assistant last year, everything checked out on him etc.  Then, at the last moment, a good football assistant opened up and we instead had a new assistant bb coach who had never even played the game. I just think that a true bb coach is going to have trouble here due to the fact that the fb coach is not really interested in building a solid program, he wants to build "athletes" which means better football.  JMO
[/quote]

You are a wise man, sir.

Wildcatter, sounds like a Kentucky boy, agreeeedddd. I remember one time our coach took us to the weight room. We stayed approximately 15 min. Players said, " coach lets go to the gym so we can get better," rest is history, we were pretty good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weights are for body builders and the gym, well it's March Madness aint it!!!!!!!!

[quote name="team first" post="982242" timestamp="1300041817"]
Wildcatter, sounds like a Kentucky boy, agreeeedddd. I remember one time our coach took us to the weight room. We stayed approximately 15 min. Players said, " coach lets go to the gym so we can get better," rest is history, we were pretty good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weights are for body builders and the gym, well it's March Madness aint it!!!!!!!!
[/quote] ::) ::) ::)

Guest jettyman
I think I was comparing apples to bannas.  I certainly didn't mean for the hungry forum sharks to consume my dead body.  I was just having fun with my ole buddy Bumpy. At least I got the forums fired back up after the season has concluded.  Have fun guys but my body is almost devoured and oh what a large meal that was. I need to loss a few pounds anyway.  Wow!  235 to 220 

I am sure that the AD will hire the best basketball coach that fits his overall athletic program.  What that means is this basketball coach must be willing to go along with the offseason and inseason weight lifting requirements.  The weight lifting was not Coach Richards idea.  That was an athletic program policy.  The new coach must also deal with the limitations on off season skill work.  Many basketball coaches with head coaching experience might not be willing to limit themselves in these ways.

[quote name="speechless" post="982239" timestamp="1300041662"]
u guys are crazy if you think a former wos coach is applying or has even applied
[/quote]

And the WOS coach you are thinking of and the one that [b]DID[/b] apply are not the same.

I was told by the coach himself and an HF admin.

[quote name="stevenash" post="982251" timestamp="1300043655"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=81494.msg982239#msg982239 date=1300041662]
u guys are crazy if you think a former wos coach is applying or has even applied
[/quote]

I know you are right and you know you are right.  However, it makes for great speculation on the board.
[/quote]

No speculation here. A former WOS coach did apply. It's just not the one you guys are thinking of. ;)

We know D Mc wouldn't lower himself. ;) ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="982330" timestamp="1300063214"]
Wow! Okay lower standards[table][tr][td][/table]
[/quote]

Dove, wasn't really knocking HF. I really think the HF job could be good for an up and coming coach. But my comment was about a certain 5A coach not applying for this 3A job. ;)

Hey Dove you know we agree and disagree on alot of things,But any coach we get should be an improvement and he should judge on not talent alone,but what is the best fit for the program not just trying to keep his job,if you are coaching to win and field your best team and teaching the kids about life after HS ball your job should never be ?????????????.

[quote name="dawg13" post="982361" timestamp="1300066793"]
Hey Dove you know we agree and disagree on alot of things,But any coach we get should be an improvement and he should judge on not talent alone,but what is the best fit for the program not just trying to keep his job,if you are coaching to win and field your best team and teaching the kids about life after HS ball your job should never be ?????????????.
[/quote]
And put the emphasis on skills instead of strength.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="982345" timestamp="1300064746"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81494.msg982330#msg982330 date=1300063214]
Wow! Okay lower standards[table][tr][td][/table]
[/quote]

Dove, wasn't really knocking HF. I really think the HF job could be good for an up and coming coach. But my comment was about a certain 5A coach not applying for this 3A job. ;)
[/quote]Gotcha ;)

[quote name="dawg13" post="982361" timestamp="1300066793"]
[/quote]Talent comes in many shapes and sizes. A players may not be the best ball handler or scorer but maybe he's the best defender or hustles on the court and the other players feed off of him. I am also a believer players should know what their roles are on a team. LOL! Okay, I'm trying not to bring up the past season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder