Any predictions for 22-3a next year?

Liberty hands down is putting their best team out there since 04. Colsprings will most likely win  the district, but i expect liberty to be a close second. Huffman will be a great challenge to Liberty but i see Liberty coming on top. Liberty has too much power on the offensive side of the ball and experiance. Liberty also has hired 4 new defensive coaches. that should help not getting 50+ points against the better teams they face. cleveland has the athletes but i just dont think have the right pieces yet.

no doubt it will be
1.cs 2. Lib 3. huff

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="fisherman45" post="1030881" timestamp="1312340791"]
Liberty hands down is putting their best team out there since 04. Colsprings will most likely win  the district, but i expect liberty to be a close second. Huffman will be a great challenge to Liberty but i see Liberty coming on top. Liberty has too much power on the offensive side of the ball and experiance. Liberty also has hired 4 new defensive coaches. that should help not getting 50+ points against the better teams they face. cleveland has the athletes but i just dont think have the right pieces yet.

no doubt it will be
1.cs 2. Lib 3. huff
[/quote]
 Whacha been smokin? Even if the D does get better,you still hafta score to win.Liberty might get lucky and take 3rd again but Im not holdin my breath, until they get a new head coach they'll just be average.

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1031589" timestamp="1312492021"]
[quote author=fisherman45 link=topic=81379.msg1030881#msg1030881 date=1312340791]
Liberty hands down is putting their best team out there since 04. Colsprings will most likely win  the district, but i expect liberty to be a close second. Huffman will be a great challenge to Liberty but i see Liberty coming on top. Liberty has too much power on the offensive side of the ball and experiance. Liberty also has hired 4 new defensive coaches. that should help not getting 50+ points against the better teams they face. cleveland has the athletes but i just dont think have the right pieces yet.

no doubt it will be
1.cs 2. Lib 3. huff
[/quote]
  Whacha been smokin? Even if the D does get better,you still hafta score to win.Liberty might get lucky and take 3rd again but Im not holdin by breath, until they get a new head coach they'll just be average.
[/quote]

liberty doesnt have a prob scoring.. check ur stats and get back to us

[quote name="dodiej" post="1031593" timestamp="1312492217"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=81379.msg1031589#msg1031589 date=1312492021]
[quote author=fisherman45 link=topic=81379.msg1030881#msg1030881 date=1312340791]

no doubt it will be
1.cs 2. Lib 3. huffman
[/quote]
  Whacha been smokin? Even if the D does get better,you still hafta score to win.Liberty might get lucky and take 3rd again but Im not holdin by breath, until they get a new head coach they'll just be average.
[/quote]

liberty doesnt have a prob scoring.. check ur stats and get back to us
[/quote]

How bout you check your stats liberty averaged a whopping 7 points a game against playoff teams.

[quote name="fisherman45" post="1030881" timestamp="1312340791"]

no doubt it will be
1.cs 2. Lib 3. huff
[/quote]
I was wondering when we would get this going again. Tell me this: According to your logic you are returning key positions and many underclassmen that received valuable experience last year which should translate into a second place finish. Huntington dropped 50+ on you and they are returning more key positions and underclassmen that received valuable experience last year than Liberty. Huntington will also have 4 new coaches. Does this mean that Huntington will again whip Liberty, have its first winning record, and will make the playoffs for the first time in school history? How did Liberty's JV do against Huffman? Did Liberty have more talent there?

This years 22-3A race will be a good one...Cold city is always nasty so you know they are in the hunt, Huffman has got a system that they are good at so their continuity is strong which makes them tuff, Liberty looks to be very talented and is returning a number of starters so that makes them a big factor, and cleveland took a chuck norris beard round house kick last summer from their admin who dismantled their coaching staff, they have since then totally rebounded and are looking ready for another post season appearence...the rest of the district will not be much of a factor!

[quote name="bjimbo" post="1031671" timestamp="1312504675"]
This years 22-3A race will be a good one...Cold city is always nasty so you know they are in the hunt, Huffman has got a system that they are good at so their continuity is strong which makes them tuff, Liberty looks to be very talented and is returning a number of starters so that makes them a big factor, and cleveland took a chuck norris beard round house kick last summer from their admin who dismantled their coaching staff, they have since then totally rebounded and are looking ready for another post season appearence...the rest of the district will not be much of a factor!
[/quote]
That is a pretty good assessment.

[quote name="fisherman45" post="1031704" timestamp="1312508415"]
oh darn, i forgot huffman was a powerhouse. lol give me a break.. we have more weapons other jones, you can trust me on that
[/quote]
We will trust you win you have a winning season, score more than 7 points against a team with a winning record or beat Huntington.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1031712" timestamp="1312511408"]
[quote author=fisherman45 link=topic=81379.msg1031704#msg1031704 date=1312508415]
oh darn, i forgot huffman was a powerhouse. lol give me a break.. we have more weapons other jones, you can trust me on that
[/quote]
We will trust you win you have a winning season, score more than 7 points against a team with a winning record or beat Huntington.
[/quote] LOL !! Good post !

[quote name="89falcon" post="1031613" timestamp="1312494317"]

no doubt it will be
1.cs 2. Lib 3. huff
[/quote]
I was wondering when we would get this going again. Tell me this: According to your logic you are returning key positions and many underclassmen that received valuable experience last year which should translate into a second place finish. Huntington dropped 50+ on you and they are returning more key positions and underclassmen that received valuable experience last year than Liberty. Huntington will also have 4 new coaches. Does this mean that Huntington will again whip Liberty, have its first winning record, and will make the playoffs for the first time in school history? How did Liberty's JV do against Huffman? Did Liberty have more talent there?
[/quote]

HaHa that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard, Liberty's star player last season missed 3 quarters of both the Hardin and Huntington game, and being that he was an inside linebacker and all Huntington did was the run the ball I'm sure he would have made a difference and the fact that he rushed for 1500 yards only going 1 round deep and missing 2 games of the season  I don't see anyone on Huntington stopping him. So that's why they hung 50 this year you can drop the 5 from 50 it should be more like 0.

[quote name="SetX6" post="1032280" timestamp="1312746552"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=81379.msg1031613#msg1031613 date=1312494317]

no doubt it will be
1.cs 2. Lib 3. huff
[/quote]
[/quote]

HaHa that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard, Liberty's star player last season missed 3 quarters of both the Hardin and Huntington game, and being that he was an inside linebacker and all Huntington did was the run the ball I'm sure he would have made a difference and the fact that he rushed for 1500 yards only going 1 round deep and missing 2 games of the season  I don't see anyone on Huntington stopping him. So that's why they hung 50 this year you can drop the 5 from 50 it should be more like 0.
[/quote]

Well Huntinton returns almost as many starters as you including 8 to that offense that dropped 54 on you. I assume when you say star player you are talking about Edwards since he is the only one on you team who had 1500 rushing yards well he graduated and if he would of been the difference last year, who is this year cause he won't be there?

no doubt it will be
1.cs 2. Lib 3. huff
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
The dumbest thing I have ever heard is someone trying to justify Huntington dropping 50 on them. If you think one player on defense prevents 50 points you are delusional. You guys need to base your points on actions and not "if's" and"should of's".

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1028793" timestamp="1311810005"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1028767#msg1028767 date=1311804989]
cs returns all skill players with the exception of cody cummings..

huffman returns ???????????????????????????????????? ??????????? ??????? darien grey.. that's right well at least ya'll have 1..
[/quote]

So basically what your saying is only skill positions matter?  Wow Gilbert won't have anywhere to run with out a line. The only reason coldsprings was able to go on thier run last year is, because they had a very experienced oline lead by u of h comitt Matt Wilson.

BTW Huffman has 2 retuning klayton larsen and darrian grey coldspring has Alfred Scott and Gilbert and maybe a wr

p.s. I still belive coldspring is the favorite just trying to show you how many starters you have coming back isn't the only thing that matters.
[/quote]

btw, Matt Wilson signed with Texas Tech, not u of h

[quote name="rockyandcash" post="1032416" timestamp="1312778922"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1028793#msg1028793 date=1311810005]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1028767#msg1028767 date=1311804989]
cs returns all skill players with the exception of cody cummings..

huffman returns ???????????????????????????????????? ??????????? ??????? darien grey.. that's right well at least ya'll have 1..
[/quote]

So basically what your saying is only skill positions matter?  Wow Gilbert won't have anywhere to run with out a line. The only reason coldsprings was able to go on thier run last year is, because they had a very experienced oline lead by u of h comitt Matt Wilson.

BTW Huffman has 2 retuning klayton larsen and darrian grey coldspring has Alfred Scott and Gilbert and maybe a wr

p.s. I still belive coldspring is the favorite just trying to show you how many starters you have coming back isn't the only thing that matters.
[/quote]

btw, Matt Wilson signed with Texas Tech, not u of h
[/quote]

I stand corrected.  8)

[quote name="89falcon" post="1032290" timestamp="1312748601"]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=81379.msg1032280#msg1032280 date=1312746552]

no doubt it will be
1.cs 2. Lib 3. huff
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
The dumbest thing I have ever heard is someone trying to justify Huntington dropping 50 on them. If you think one player on defense prevents 50 points you are delusional. You guys need to base your points on actions and not "if's" and"should of's".
[/quote]
My bad if it came out that way, the panthers defense that night ( and much of the season ) was terrible. No if's and's or but's about it, Huntington played well not taking anything away from them but IMO this year Liberty is a better team and we were last year to, just did not play like it that night. And I wasn't saying Edwards personally would have stopped the 50 but when your leader on offense and defense is not on the field it effects your team physically and emotionally as well and you can't argue that the game would have had a different outcome.

no doubt it will be
1.cs 2. Lib 3. huff
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]If i remember right the other senior lb Garrett was out for both games too

ya'll will learn bout arguing wit huffman kids.. you can't win unless you consider them champs.. lets see what the "experts" at chron.com have to say..

High school football tour: 3A schools

Key issues

1. Can a Houston-area 3A team win a state championship? Winning a state title is never easy, but answering this question is — definitely, yes. Coldspring went to the Division II final last year and returns a 2,000-yard rusher in Sherman Gilbert, who wasn’t even considered the team’s best back going into last season, and plenty of talent on defense. Then there’s Columbia, which made the Division I state semis, returns most of its defense and has the shortest road to a title tilt.

2. Will Huffman Hargrave keep scoring? The Falcons had one of the most prolific passing offenses in 3A last season, with the graduated Cole DeBerry finishing with 3,460 yards and 37 touchdowns. But considering DeBerry isn’t even one of the six Falcons who signed to play football in college, the team lost a ton of talent, so it’s unlikely they keep up last year’s pace. But if Barbers Hill transfer Preston Townley settles in at QB, they’ll still be pretty good.

Top five teams

1. Coldspring

2. Sealy

3. Columbia

4. Columbus

5. Liberty

Players to watch

RB Sherman Gilbert, senior, Coldspring

The speedy back produced nearly 2,400 total yards with 28 TDs while sharing time in the backfield last season.

QB Daniel Fitzwater, junior, Liberty

The 6-5 signal-caller threw for 1,761 yards and 15 TDs as a sophomore last year.

OT Blake Herman, senior, Needville

The towering 6-8 tackle will be suiting up for the Houston Cougars next season.

DE Bradley Swanks, senior, Columbia

Swanks, who placed in the shot put at state, is big, athletic and determined to dominate this season.

LB/RB Kyle Appelt, senior, Columbus

A prolific tackler on defense last year, Appelt should be just as prolific a runner this season.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/hso/7686414.html#ixzz1Ufk8hz26

eat ya heart out.. outside of ur (4a) town nobody (with common sense) believes ya'll will be the same huffman from last year and nobody believes ya'll are better than liberty.. move on

[quote name="dreski" post="1033460" timestamp="1313019529"]
ya'll will learn bout arguing wit huffman kids.. you can't win unless you consider them champs.. lets see what the "experts" at chron.com have to say..

Key issues

1. Can a Houston-area 3A team win a state championship? Winning a state title is never easy, but answering this question is — definitely, yes. Coldspring went to the Division II final last year and returns a 2,000-yard rusher in Sherman Gilbert, who wasn’t even considered the team’s best back going into last season, and plenty of talent on defense. Then there’s Columbia, which made the Division I state semis, returns most of its defense and has the shortest road to a title tilt.

2. Will Huffman Hargrave keep scoring? The Falcons had one of the most prolific passing offenses in 3A last season, with the graduated Cole DeBerry finishing with 3,460 yards and 37 touchdowns. But considering DeBerry isn’t even one of the six Falcons who signed to play football in college, the team lost a ton of talent, so it’s unlikely they keep up last year’s pace. But if Barbers Hill transfer Preston Townley settles in at QB, they’ll still be pretty good.

Top five teams

1. Coldspring

2. Sealy

3. Columbia

4. Columbus

5. Liberty

Players to watch

The speedy back produced nearly 2,400 total yards with 28 TDs while sharing time in the backfield last season.

The 6-5 signal-caller threw for 1,761 yards and 15 TDs as a sophomore last year.

Swanks, who placed in the shot put at state, is big, athletic and determined to dominate this season.

A prolific tackler on defense last year, Appelt should be just as prolific a runner this season.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/hso/7686414.html#ixzz1Ufk8hz26

eat ya heart out.. outside of ur (4a) town nobody (with common sense) believes ya'll will be the same huffman from last year and nobody believes ya'll are better than liberty.. move on

[/quote]

Already been posted in a different thread. Did you read the comment about all the errors at the bottom of that article. If your gonna trust the chronicle then I guess the old saying is true you can't argue with an idiot. Why don't you head on over to maxpreps and see what ratings they give the schools in this district. I'll save you the trouble Liberty -2.3, Huffman 15.1 and coldspring 50.1.

Pretty much everything has been said. Liberty returns a bunch of average players that padded stats vs weaker teams. Go check Jones and fitz stats when they played playoff teams. Liberty is very cocky for not even beatting a team with a winning record last year. This year won't be much different. As I have said before it don't matter how many starters you return from a crappy team its still gonna be the same crappy team the next year. Same story different chapter liberty has another losing season and probably dosent beat a team with a winning record. You may sneak into playoffs if Cleveland don't rebound where you lose agian by 50 to wos. And then we will start this whole thigh over next year when your "star" players are Sr.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1033501" timestamp="1313024163"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1033460#msg1033460 date=1313019529]

Key issues

Top five teams

1. Coldspring

2. Sealy

3. Columbia

4. Columbus

5. Liberty

Players to watch

[/quote]

Already been posted in a different thread. Did you read the comment about all the errors at the bottom of that article. If your gonna trust the chronicle then I guess the old saying is true you can't argue with an idiot. Why don't you head on over to maxpreps and see what ratings they give the schools in this district. I'll save you the trouble Liberty -2.3, Huffman 15.1 and coldspring 50.1.

Pretty much everything has been said. Liberty returns a bunch of average players that padded stats vs weaker teams. Go check Jones and fitz stats when they played playoff teams. Liberty is very cocky for not even beatting a team with a winning record last year. This year won't be much different. As I have said before it don't matter how many starters you return from a crappy team its still gonna be the same crappy team the next year. Same story different chapter liberty has another losing season and probably dosent beat a team with a winning record. You may sneak into playoffs if Cleveland don't rebound where you lose agian by 50 to wos. And then we will start this whole thigh over next year when your "star" players are Sr.
[/quote]
There are no guarantees that they beat Splendora, Cleveland or Shepherd. You know what is going to happen to them when they play Huntington. Porter will also have a varsity this year. Porter returned 22 starters.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1033735" timestamp="1313078395"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1033722#msg1033722 date=1313077113]
just pray ya'll win 5 games this year
[/quote]

Just pray yall come within 49 of a winning team this year  :D  :D
[/quote]
You beat 1 team with a winning record?

[quote name="SetX6" post="1034244" timestamp="1313165570"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1033735#msg1033735 date=1313078395]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1033722#msg1033722 date=1313077113]
just pray ya'll win 5 games this year
[/quote]

Just pray yall come within 49 of a winning team this year  :D  :D
[/quote]
You beat 1 team with a winning record?
[/quote]

And you lost by an average of 50 points to the winning teams you played. so what's your point?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder