**HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs STAFFORD Broadcast--Friday, 8:00**/HAWKS ADVANCE!!

Lazeek

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="972989" timestamp="1298703545"]
I have an old saying that I stole from some old wise man............"Win with class and lose with class"!!!!  We will need all the support we can get!!!!
[/quote]I prefer what Vince Lombardi said, "[i]Just win, Baby[/i]"!  (at least I think it was Lombardi that said that).

But if I had to, I'd borrow a little from your phrase and say, "[i]Win with class and let the other team worry about losing with class[/i]"!  ;)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="972950" timestamp="1298700323"]
To those of ya'll who remember the Nederland - PNG game where Nederland played for the final shot (holding the ball for the last 2:40 seconds), did this game seem familiar?  And IMO, [s]Sealy[/s], er, Stafford played it right.  They contested every pass and there were several times where HJ almost lost the ball or dribbled into trouble.  And, in the end, it succeeded for them, for they got a strong chance to hit the winning bucket.  My only suggestion is that they should have fouled with about 5-6 seconds to go because they only had 5 team fouls at that point.

BTW, was Gus fouled on the final drive to the basket?  I don't know.  There was contact but who initiated it?  i think the referees didn't want to determine who the winner was so they let the play go.  it was, IMO, a 50-50 call.
[/quote]

Yes, Gus was fouled and I am not sure who initiated the contact either but believe it doesnt matter because the defender did NOT have position as Gus was approaching the basket.

[quote name="stevenash" post="973027" timestamp="1298728163"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=80783.msg972950#msg972950 date=1298700323]
To those of ya'll who remember the Nederland - PNG game where Nederland played for the final shot (holding the ball for the last 2:40 seconds), did this game seem familiar?  And IMO, [s]Sealy[/s], er, Stafford played it right.  They contested every pass and there were several times where HJ almost lost the ball or dribbled into trouble.  And, in the end, it succeeded for them, for they got a strong chance to hit the winning bucket.  My only suggestion is that they should have fouled with about 5-6 seconds to go because they only had 5 team fouls at that point.

BTW, was Gus fouled on the final drive to the basket?  I don't know.  There was contact but who initiated it?  i think the referees didn't want to determine who the winner was so they let the play go.  it was, IMO, a 50-50 call.
[/quote]

Yes, Gus was fouled and I am not sure who initiated the contact either but believe it doesnt matter because the defender did NOT have position as Gus was approaching the basket.
[/quote]You could say the same thing about Persohn's offensive foul where he broke his finger.  #11 was in the air (aka "did NOT have position") and Persohn jumped into him to initiate the contact.

I think during any other game we would have seen a defensive foul, but the referees didn't call that all night long.  Prudhomme was tripped, Bosha was tripped, and Gus went down earlier on a similar play and they were never called.  Note: the trippings were not intentional, just due to typical contact when driving the lane.

So, the referees weren't anything, if not consistent, in not calling that play.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="973032" timestamp="1298728710"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=80783.msg973027#msg973027 date=1298728163]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=80783.msg972950#msg972950 date=1298700323]

[/quote]

[/quote]You could say the same thing about Persohn's offensive foul where he broke his finger.  #11 was in the air (aka "did NOT have position") and Persohn jumped into him to initiate the contact.

I think during any other game we would have seen a defensive foul, but the referees didn't call that all night long.  Prudhomme was tripped, Bosha was tripped, and Gus went down earlier on a similar play and they were never called.  Note: the trippings were not intentional, just due to typical contact when driving the lane.

[/quote]

Both of Joe's offensive fouls were legit calls. He lead with his shoulder and created the contact himself on both calls.

[quote name="hj1" post="973047" timestamp="1298731434"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=80783.msg973032#msg973032 date=1298728710]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Both of Joe's offensive fouls were legit calls. He lead with his shoulder and created the contact himself on both calls.
[/quote]

Agree on his first one but not at all in the one toward the end of the game- should have been an "and one" play.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="972930" timestamp="1298699601"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=80783.msg972926#msg972926 date=1298699500]
Easily the best 6 seconds I have ever seen in a high school game..............Bosha cutting up the lane and Prudhomme driving baseline and Bosha lobs it for Prudhomme and the one handed alley, then Prudhomme steals the in bounds pass and takes two dribbles coming down the lane and tomahawk dunks on some dudes head!!!!!! ;D ;D :o :o
[/quote]Actually, it looked like a replay of the YouTube video where we played who, Liberty 3 years ago?  Trey Burrell and Jacoby Turner were the two stars of that one.
[/quote]
LAZEEK you have connections maybe you can make a highlight video of Prudhomme's dunks so the people that couldnt make the game can see!!! ;)

[quote name="FlexD33" post="973089" timestamp="1298737224"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=80783.msg972930#msg972930 date=1298699601]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=80783.msg972926#msg972926 date=1298699500]
Easily the best 6 seconds I have ever seen in a high school game..............Bosha cutting up the lane and Prudhomme driving baseline and Bosha lobs it for Prudhomme and the one handed alley, then Prudhomme steals the in bounds pass and takes two dribbles coming down the lane and tomahawk dunks on some dudes head!!!!!! ;D ;D :o :o
[/quote]Actually, it looked like a replay of the YouTube video where we played who, Liberty 3 years ago?  Trey Burrell and Jacoby Turner were the two stars of that one.
[/quote]
LAZEEK you have connections maybe you can make a highlight video of Prudhomme's dunks so the people that couldnt make the game can see!!! ;)
[/quote]yes, i wanna see. those 20-30 secs was CRAZY!!

[quote name="hj1" post="973047" timestamp="1298731434"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=80783.msg973032#msg973032 date=1298728710]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Which was my point.  Joe initiated the contact and the ref's called a foul.  Now, the question is, on that last play in regulation, did Gus initiate the contact or Stafford?  My thoughts are that the ref's weren't 100% sure and didn't want to determine the outcome of the game which is why they let them play on.

[quote name="bullets13" post="973392" timestamp="1298761699"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=80783.msg973286#msg973286 date=1298754944]
I wish everyone who listened could tell how excited we were....lol, I think the rob n robb show got a little crazy last night....
[/quote]

you ruptured my ear drums after the 2nd dunk, Poppa.
[/quote]

Sorry yall, we were just a little excited and it was crazy....Shaun and Gus took over.. Grayson had a huge steal toward the end, Joe was so solid, and toughed it out through all of the injuries Robert came in and played some awesome defense, Man I could go on and on, it was such a good game.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="973286" timestamp="1298754944"]
I wish everyone who listened could tell how excited we were....lol, I think the rob n robb show got a little crazy last night....
[/quote]I thought you had won the lottery.  ;D  Lazeek held his composeure a little better...lol

[quote name="no-look" post="973500" timestamp="1298771264"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=80783.msg973286#msg973286 date=1298754944]
[/quote]I thought you had won the lottery.  ;D  Lazeek held his composeure a little better...lol
[/quote]

Good thing broadcast wasn't being supervised by Gestapo.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="whsalum" post="973605" timestamp="1298821362"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=80783.msg973295#msg973295 date=1298755169]
I said dam once.......whoops!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]That could be another topic.Should announcer be allowed to use profanity in high school games  ;D ;D ;D Too funny  ;D
[/quote]

Only if provoked.  And I'm sure Zeek was provoked. ;D

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="973675" timestamp="1298838205"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=80783.msg973605#msg973605 date=1298821362]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=80783.msg973295#msg973295 date=1298755169]
I said dam once.......whoops!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]That could be another topic.Should announcer be allowed to use profanity in high school games  ;D ;D ;D Too funny  ;D
[/quote]

Only if provoked.  And I'm sure Zeek was provoked. ;D
[/quote]

He was but I wont tell you why... ??? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

[quote name="setxslam" post="972880" timestamp="1298696399"]
Wow, what a game.  We jumped up on 'em early, then Joe Persohn went out with a broken finger (no foul called) and we went kind of flat.  Joe missed most of the 2nd Q, got back just in time to get an and-one putback where he got his face opened up-- except, again, no foul was called-- that put us up by one point at the half.  Co-MVP of the game goes to Coach Klinger, who kept patching Joe up!  Without Joe, I was worried that 6'8" Stafford kid would eat us alive on the boards.  Thanks for being so tough, Joe.  That's True Blue right there.  [Joe, leave those steri-strips in place until after the Cleveland game.  You might wanna just prophylactically wear bandaids over both eyes until after Austin...]

MVP Player: Prudhomme.  Shawn put on a dunk-fest much, much better than the NBA did last week.  Seriously.  Hit his free throws, too.  Gus ran the show flawlessly.  Gus was clearly fouled on his final driving layup during regulation-- but, once again, no call.  Grayson and Bosha hit some important shots.  Everyone hustled enough to beat Stafford and the refs.  Great job, Hawks!
[/quote]

How is Persohn's broken finger going to affect his play against Cleveland? 

[quote name="no-look" post="973500" timestamp="1298771264"]
[/quote]

I will try to keep it together a little better next time....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder