Beaumont Ozen vs. Nederland Game Thread/Nederland wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="965178" timestamp="1297520066"]
Let's not kid ourselves guys. Ozen is a good team and it was a great win for Nederland, but that press is nothing to a team like Yates. We still need to improve on press breaks though.
[/quote]

Never said that. Someone said we would crumble under pressure.....didn't happen.

Go Dogs!!!!!!

[quote name="datboydmill" post="965112" timestamp="1297485919"]
Meant to mention that freshman for nederland. Had an outstanding game on D. he is something else. Great game dogs

[/quote]

The 6'4" Weisbrod was more than Ozen's 6'7" Post could handle. His strength (remember, he's only a Fish) is like none I've ever seen at that age. He's poised, and plays like a Senior. It's been fun watching him grow this season.

I went to this game, and i know im fixing to get jumped for saying this. But im gunna say it anyways, from hearing all this great stuff about Nederland. How they are one of the best teams in the area, and only a handful of teams can beat them...etc etc....Also for the gym being packed almost wall to wall with people. They didnt impress me all that much,dont get me wrong Ozen played awesome game on the defensive side of the ball and think that was why Nederland couldnt run the O game very well.With all that being said CONGRATS to Nederland to winning the district title, and also winning it two years running. Good luck in the playoffs to both teams. Last nights game was a little clip of what playoff basketball is like .The next few weeks should be very exciting.

[quote name="FlexD33" post="965229" timestamp="1297529048"]
I went to this game, and i know im fixing to get jumped for saying this. But im gunna say it anyways, from hearing all this great stuff about Nederland. How they are one of the best teams in the area, and only a handful of teams can beat them...etc etc....Also for the gym being packed almost wall to wall with people. They didnt impress me all that much,dont get me wrong Ozen played awesome game on the defensive side of the ball and think that was why Nederland couldnt run the O game very well.With all that being said CONGRATS to Nederland to winning the district title, and also winning it two years running. Good luck in the playoffs to both teams. Last nights game was a little clip of what playoff basketball is like .The next few weeks should be very exciting.
[/quote]

What does it take to impress? Undefeated in district and the sweeping of two great basketball programs in Central and Ozen. To me, that says a heckuva lot.

Go Dogs!!

[quote name="FlexD33" post="965229" timestamp="1297529048"]
[/quote]

I can understand why you say that since that was your only game to see them play all year. Nederland did NOT shoot the ball well compared to the last time these two teams played (and for MOST of the season). Where they surprised MOST critics is in the TO department. ONLY 4 TOs vs an aggressive defense...not too shabby!! Where the Dawgs did excel last night was at the FT line where they won the game. They made 15 of 16 FTs as a team. Don't know if I've ever seen a HS team shoot over 90% in such a BIG game-IMPRESSIVE. Also, what you don't know about this team is that regardless of how it's done, they find a different way to win in every big game. THAT is the sign of a special team!!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="965258" timestamp="1297532184"]
[quote author=FlexD33 link=topic=80168.msg965229#msg965229 date=1297529048]
[/quote]

I can understand why you say that since that was your only game to see them play all year. Nederland did NOT shoot the ball well compared to the last time these two teams played (and for MOST of the season). Where they surprised MOST critics is in the TO department. ONLY 4 TOs vs an aggressive defense...not too shabby!! Where the Dawgs did excel last night was at the FT line where they won the game. They made 15 of 16 FTs as a team. Don't know if I've ever seen a HS team shoot over 90% in such a BIG game-IMPRESSIVE. Also, what you don't know about this team is that regardless of how it's done, they find a different way to win in every big game. THAT is the sign of a special team!!
[/quote]

That's good coachig... the Coach plays the situation and the strategy from the opposition at hand and puts the athletes in a position to win the game!

Just have to say that the Freshman was out the day before the game for an upper respitory infection, and half the team had been sick earlier in the week with various illnesses.  Plus having to wait so long to play due to the 2 hour Freshmen game that went into overtime due to over zealous refs that called every little touch foul they could find.  It was an impressive win for the Bulldogs!  The pressure was on and they pulled it off.  Give credit where credit is due,  UNDEFEATED in district!!!!! That is momumentul for the Nederland team, Coach English has built a program that can rivel any school in the state.

Freshmen only 2 losses were to Ozen in District play, JV has only one loss to Central and are District Champs, and the Varisty are Undefeated DISTRICT CHAMPS!!!! There is no room for rude, or belittling talk on this thread.  Give the props to the team that deserves.

[quote name="GrayDog" post="965431" timestamp="1297553141"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=80168.msg965258#msg965258 date=1297532184]
[quote author=FlexD33 link=topic=80168.msg965229#msg965229 date=1297529048]
[/quote]

I can understand why you say that since that was your only game to see them play all year. Nederland did NOT shoot the ball well compared to the last time these two teams played (and for MOST of the season). Where they surprised MOST critics is in the TO department. ONLY 4 TOs vs an aggressive defense...not too shabby!! Where the Dawgs did excel last night
was at the FT line where they won the game. They made 15 of 16 FTs as a team. Don't know if I've ever seen a HS team shoot over 90% in such a BIG game-IMPRESSIVE. Also, what you don't know about this team is that regardless of how it's done, they find a different way to win in every big game. THAT is the sign of a special team!!
[/quote]

That's good coachig... the Coach plays the situation and the strategy from the opposition at
hand and puts the athletes in a position to win the game!
[/quote]

The coach is a part of the team, right? I was referring to him as part of my 'special team' comment. Without him as the leader, Nederlcoachould have lost more games this yr, no doubt. My point was that they won the game at the FT line, that's something that is out of the control of a coach, and teams normally do not make 15-16 FTs in a game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder