• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="957985" timestamp="1296495144"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=79541.msg957983#msg957983 date=1296494951]
IMO it's between A&M and SFA.
[/quote]

and you are wrong on both of them. ;)
[/quote]

I've heard some of your info before and it was wrong. ;)  If signs with LU at least I he'll be close enough to go watch.

Guest ECBucFan
SFA so far:

[i]Brian Ensminger, QB, 6'1', 190, Luling, LA (Hahnville HS)

Braxton Bearden, WR/RB, 5'11", 172, Carrollton, TX (Newman Smith HS)  ;D ;D

Keith Watson, DE, 6'1", 255, Brooklyn, College (Asa College)

Jabralon Allen, LB, 6'1", 190, 4.6, Frankston, TX (Frankston HS)

Jamal Allen, LB, 6'1", 190, 4.6, Frankston, TX (Franskton HS)

Rodney Young, LB, 6'2", 201, Spring, TX (Dekaney HS)

Hunter Gregg, OLB, 6'0", 210, 4.59, Scottsdale, AZ (Chaparreal HS)  ;D ;D

Marvin Gray, DB, 6'1", 178, 4.46, Tyler, TX (Lee HS)

Trey Vallier, Safety, 6'1", 170, 4.61, Henderson, TX (Henderson HS)

Nick Bryant, CB, 5'10", 185, Beaumont, TX (Westbrook HS)

Jordan Wiggs, K, 5'10", 175, Grand Prairie, TX (So. Grand Prairie H[/i]S)

SFA adds these 11, and more to come soon!

Bearden adds even more athleticism to SFA's dynamic offense, while Gregg is one of the top players in the entire state of Arizona.

Guest ECBucFan
Yep. You ought to read up on Gregg before you scoff:

Hunter Gregg on AzProspects.com.

Arizona's Top High School Football Prospects Home Gregg adds to Chaparral’s stable of D1 prospects

[i]Hunter Gregg has taken care of business in the classroom. Gregg sports a 3.2 GPA. He is also doing it on the field and runs a 4.6 40 yard dash and he reports a bench max of 375 pounds with a squat max of 585 pounds. Athletically, Hunter passes the “eyeball test” of a D1 athlete and having a background at the national level in martial arts is also a plus. That background shows on the field as Gregg is not afraid of physical contact. Hunter was very productive as a junior getting involved in 120 tackles, 14 sacks 12 QB hurries, 1 Interception, 2 caused fumbles and 2 recovered fumbles. Hunter makes plays.

The recruiting process is just beginning to roll for Gregg. Interested schools now include Texas A&M, University of Nevada, University of Wyoming and SMU. That list will grow as the summer moves on. “I am also finding some interest from BYU, NAU, UTEP and Albany Christian” says Hunter. Why all the interest from Texas? “All my family is from Texas and my dad played high school football in Texas. “I love the passion they have for football in that state” says Hunter. Colleges are looking at Gregg to play inside or outside linebacker or safety in college.[/i]

8)

Guest ECBucFan
Another reason Ford should choose SFA, their whole O-line comes back, and they were excellent last year. They can open some holes big enough for a Ford to drive through!  :D

If LU goes FBS in the WAC then in 4 years L. Ford will have had more exposure to the big time than SFA (of course not so with TAMU) and will be a part of history at Lamar in taking the program big time.  Those lineman are not all Freshmen so they will not be there the whole time while LU's line is pretty young and only will get better while Ford is at LU.

Guest ECBucFan
If LU goes to the WAC, in 4 years Ford will have a minimal number of wins, and be on the wrong side of a number of blowout losses. Remember, SFA beat them 71-3. Just think what playing in the WAC will mean during the next 4 years, W-L wise.

Conversely, SFA has been in the playoffs the last two years, Back to Back SLC Champions, and finished 2010 ranked #9 Nationally. Lots more fun driving down that road!  8)

Unless I am mistaken Lamar only scored one rushing touchdown all season and that was from three yards out. It's not hard to make the arguement that they need a good back. If Lamar's football program is going to make it they will have to recruit local talent to bring in the fans until they can build their own fan base. I would love to see Ford make it in a D1 program. I would also like to see him make a difference at Lamar. I guess it all depends on how he sees his future football carreer going. If he plans on just playing college ball and then hanging it up, why not go to Lamar and try to make a name for himself. If he wants to try to make it to the next level LU might not be a good choice but that's JMO. Ford is the only one that has to live with the choice so best of luck to him and I hope he makes up his mind based on what makes him happy and gets himself a good education to boot.

[quote name="kville68" post="958455" timestamp="1296565571"]
Unless I am mistaken Lamar only scored one rushing touchdown all season and that was from three yards out. It's not hard to make the arguement that they need a good back. If Lamar's football program is going to make it they will have to recruit local talent to bring in the fans until they can build their own fan base. I would love to see Ford make it in a D1 program. I would also like to see him make a difference at Lamar. I guess it all depends on how he sees his future football carreer going. If he plans on just playing college ball and then hanging it up, why not go to Lamar and try to make a name for himself. If he wants to try to make it to the next level LU might not be a good choice but that's JMO. Ford is the only one that has to live with the choice so best of luck to him and I hope he makes up his mind based on what makes him happy and gets himself a good education to boot.
[/quote]

Good Post 68....I totally agree with you.... ;)

It seems easy to me if Texas A&M is offering you would go there over SFA or Lamar. Ford is listed @ 6-1, 190lbs, plenty big enough to compete at that level, unless your scarred of the competition at A&M, it's a no brainer, if you get to A&M and it doens't work out transfer to Lamar or SFA. I have not seen him play in person, but he seems really tallented and I always assumed he would go to a good D1 program, I'd hate to see him sell his self short;  if A&M is on the table, you gotta take it. Best of luck to Ford where ever he chooses.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="958422" timestamp="1296537003"]
If LU goes to the WAC, in 4 years Ford will have a minimal number of wins, and be on the wrong side of a number of blowout losses. Remember, SFA beat them 71-3. Just think what playing in the WAC will mean during the next 4 years, W-L wise.

Conversely, SFA has been in the playoffs the last two years, Back to Back SLC Champions, and finished 2010 ranked #9 Nationally. Lots more fun driving down that road!  8)
[/quote]

I like Dr. Simmons & LU's goals for their future.  They are not content to stay in a conference that is going to become weaker.  Looking to improve and it will happen, not overnight but in time.  The past 10 years of improvement at LU is a good barometer of what can happen in the next 10.  Young Mr. Ford could be a big part of that plan.  He can be as good as he wants and prepares to be @ LU, with the opportunity for more exposure.  Go CARDS!

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="958582" timestamp="1296575288"]
 Young Mr. Ford could be a big part of that plan.  He can be as good as he wants and prepares to be
[/quote]

Given the Lamar O-line produced a grand total of 1 rushing TD  :o  last year, unless there is profound and immediate improvement, I fear for "Young Mr. Fords" health & safety in the Lamar backfield, especially facing WAC opponents every Saturday!   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed