Ford has top 3/FORD SIGNS WITH SFA

Lefty99

First of all for your your uneducated first statment, you didnt break any rules just gave your opinion so why would i kick you off or even want too?  Your entitled to your opinion as well as I am.  If you knew anything about me then you would know that I am not into kicking people off. 

As for Ford, the comments i made was not a shot at disrespecting Ford. I know Ford and have no problem talking about this with him.  He knows how I feel and wouldnt be surprised at all I said the things I did.  I was simply making a obserations.  Thats it!!  Get over it!

Ford knows I respect his decision and respect him as young adult!  I am a fan of Ford and look forward to continue to follow his career at the next level.  Give em hell Ford!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan
Anyone notice all of a sudden, Ford "really isn't that good" after all.  I see the exact same sentiment in the Lamar sports thread. However, had Ford signed with Lamar, many here would be pumped sky high and Ford would have been THE MAN. Go figure.  :-\

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="960452" timestamp="1296739911"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=79541.msg960393#msg960393 date=1296707152]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=79541.msg959758#msg959758 date=1296666067]
Im probably not going to be real popular because of this comment but oh well Im getting kinda used to that.  First of Congrats on Ford for moving on to the next level and I wish him the best.

My intent is not to take anything away from SFA. I know they have a great program, but this was some of the worst self promotion from an athlete of this popularity Ive seen in a while.  If it was the intent to go to SFA from the start then it wouldnt be an issue.  I know for a fact that this was not the case the though.  I dont know if this was because of the time taken to make the decision has caused most schools to look elsewhere or if it was just a case of poor decision making.  SFA was in from the start,  Alabama, Texas A&M, and other largers schools began to make verbal offers and started to show intrest.  The decision was made to wait and see what other more popular schools jumped on board  (like TEXAS). In the end there was only two letters (Lamar and SFA). I think think there a lesson to be learned here for other young men.
[/quote]Ryker since your a almighty moderator on this forum ... you'll probably kick me off ... or whatever you do ... but I think this post is totally classless ... this is a direct shot at an 18 year old young man .... that's wrong ... I don't care if he wanted balloons, dancing girls, cameras, etc... I don't care if he wanted to go UT, A and M, Alabama, ... It's his decision to make .... It's his decision to wait and see if his dream school stepped up .... He's a young man, he gets that right .... He knew he had SFA and Lamar in the pocket, why not shoot for the stars ... If it doesn't happen ... gets to stay close to home ... play with friends (Hughey and maybe Cucancic) ... seems like a cool safety net  to me ... For four years (even more if ya count peewee football, junior high) this young man has done what he was told, sweated, and probably even bled for Kirbyville .... give him a break ...
[/quote]

This is also an open forum with the majority of post being opinions only, not facts like a news program. Ryker is entitled to his opinion, just as you are BigWildcat11. I think Ford was a good running back. Great is debatable, and in my view, not being 'great' is also backed up by his lack of D1 offers. This view differs from yours, I'm sure, but it is my opinion. He broke Bubba Bean's total yardage record, but never did I see anything in his play that made me think he was anywhere close to being the player Bubba was. Why is it wrong to state an opinion about an 18 year old? He would be the first to tell you, I'm sure, he is no longer a 'baby'. It's great to have dreams and hopes in life, but don't expect the world to share them or you will be sorely disappointed. Good luck to Ford and SFA.
[/quote]

[quote name="rykerx144" post="960727" timestamp="1296763554"]
First of all for your your uneducated first statment, you didnt break any rules just gave your opinion so why would i kick you off or even want too?  Your entitled to your opinion as well as I am.  If you knew anything about me then you would know that I am not into kicking people off.  

As for Ford, the comments i made was not a shot at disrespecting Ford. I know Ford and have no problem talking about this with him.  He knows how I feel and wouldnt be surprised at all I said the things I did.  I was simply making a obserations.  Thats it!!  Get over it!

Ford knows I respect his decision and respect him as young adult!  I am a fan of Ford and look forward to continue to follow his career at the next level.  Give em heck Ford!!!
[/quote]You know ... your right, this is America, your entitled to your opinion, just as I am ... I have done my best to never call out a kid when I do my posts .... and if I have .... I meant those comments with no vitriol (look it up Ryker .... you know I'm uneducated) ... But if doing that's okay with you ... go ahead ...  
As for Ford ... he's a tough kid ... he will do well ... just remember you were 18 once ... HOW did you act at 18...

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="960749" timestamp="1296765992"]
Anyone notice all of a sudden, Ford "really isn't that good" after all.  I see the exact same sentiment in the Lamar sports thread. However, had Ford signed with Lamar, many here would be pumped sky high and Ford would have been THE MAN. Go figure.   :-\
[/quote]Amen brother ...

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="960840" timestamp="1296781783"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=79541.msg960452#msg960452 date=1296739911]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=79541.msg960393#msg960393 date=1296707152]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=79541.msg959758#msg959758 date=1296666067]
Im probably not going to be real popular because of this comment but oh well Im getting kinda used to that.  First of Congrats on Ford for moving on to the next level and I wish him the best.

My intent is not to take anything away from SFA. I know they have a great program, but this was some of the worst self promotion from an athlete of this popularity Ive seen in a while.  If it was the intent to go to SFA from the start then it wouldnt be an issue.  I know for a fact that this was not the case the though.  I dont know if this was because of the time taken to make the decision has caused most schools to look elsewhere or if it was just a case of poor decision making.  SFA was in from the start,  Alabama, Texas A&M, and other largers schools began to make verbal offers and started to show intrest.  The decision was made to wait and see what other more popular schools jumped on board  (like TEXAS). In the end there was only two letters (Lamar and SFA). I think think there a lesson to be learned here for other young men.
[/quote]Ryker since your a almighty moderator on this forum ... you'll probably kick me off ... or whatever you do ... but I think this post is totally classless ... this is a direct shot at an 18 year old young man .... that's wrong ... I don't care if he wanted balloons, dancing girls, cameras, etc... I don't care if he wanted to go UT, A and M, Alabama, ... It's his decision to make .... It's his decision to wait and see if his dream school stepped up .... He's a young man, he gets that right .... He knew he had SFA and Lamar in the pocket, why not shoot for the stars ... If it doesn't happen ... gets to stay close to home ... play with friends (Hughey and maybe Cucancic) ... seems like a cool safety net  to me ... For four years (even more if ya count peewee football, junior high) this young man has done what he was told, sweated, and probably even bled for Kirbyville .... give him a break ...
[/quote]

This is also an open forum with the majority of post being opinions only, not facts like a news program. Ryker is entitled to his opinion, just as you are BigWildcat11. I think Ford was a good running back. Great is debatable, and in my view, not being 'great' is also backed up by his lack of D1 offers. This view differs from yours, I'm sure, but it is my opinion. He broke Bubba Bean's total yardage record, but never did I see anything in his play that made me think he was anywhere close to being the player Bubba was. Why is it wrong to state an opinion about an 18 year old? He would be the first to tell you, I'm sure, he is no longer a 'baby'. It's great to have dreams and hopes in life, but don't expect the world to share them or you will be sorely disappointed. Good luck to Ford and SFA.
[/quote] We can sit here and debate great , good, etc ... All day long ... It's not the view ... It's the tone ... The timing ... I have generally respected your posts ... you seem well informed ... And you would be suprised by my views ... I didn't grow up here ... Grew up in Pineland blocking for the Weatherspoons during my high school years ... seen some good running backs ... seen some great ... watched Anthony Byerly in high school ... We should be celebrating the fact that small towns like Kirbyville and Newton can produce athletes like we've seen the last four years ... By the way ... Think it's great Bennett is going to MCNeese .... Would be cool to go to SFA\MCNeese game with starting running backs named Ford and Bennett  ....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder