WOW!!!!!!!!

Did I read this score correctly in the HF tourney thread?

Silsbee beat HJ 4-1

No way!!! There is no possible way Silsbee can beat a team of that magnitude. I mean, bullets, our resident soccer pro, played for HJ. Aren't they considered to be a dynasty? ;D

This is a program changing win for Silsbee!! Kudos to the Tiger Soccer team!!

Although im pretty sure this is a joke.. I'd like to point out that HJ is in a re-building year.. graduated 6 starters and lost some other players that chose not to come out this year.. Last year the scoreline was the same, except the numbers were switched.. It has been this way the last several years.. a back and forth between HJ and Silsbee.. No team has dominated over the last several years between these two..

Guest SexyTigger
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="954832" timestamp="1296017414"]

Silsbee beat HJ 4-1

No way!!! There is no possible way Silsbee can beat a team of that magnitude. I mean, bullets, our resident soccer pro, played for HJ. Aren't they considered to be a dynasty? ;D

[/quote]
you are kinda childish for an old man ;) However, you are right. Silsbee has an amazing soccer team.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="954847" timestamp="1296018652"]
Careful, AAW! The H-J basketball team will try to exact revenge for that loss. LOL!
[/quote]
This isnt the basketball forum, but if youd like to go there silsbee already beat hj once convincingly this year so i feel like this post is irrelevent

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="SexyTigger" post="955040" timestamp="1296058367"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79288.msg954832#msg954832 date=1296017414]

Silsbee beat HJ 4-1

[/quote]
you are kinda childish for an old man ;) However, you are right. Silsbee has an amazing soccer team.

Shows what you know!  He's not an old man - I'm an OLD MAN.  Now the childish thing is another matter. ;D  And what's it like to be a sexy tigger? ???
[/quote]

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="954832" timestamp="1296017414"]

Silsbee beat HJ 4-1

[/quote]

sorry i didn't see this sooner.  no disrespect to the HJ teams of the last few years, but the HJ team i played for 10 years (sheesh, that's a long time), would beat any HJ team of the last 5-6 years by at least 7 or 8 goals (Silsbee's team was much better back then, also, although it sounds like they're improving this year).  HJ struggles from not having many players who play soccer year round.  My sophomore year, we could start a full team of players who played competitively year-round, and had 3 or 4 subs who did like-wise.  By my senior year, we only had 7 total.  Last year HJ had only 1-2 players who played any consistent soccer before high school.  It's tough.  There is no "Little Kickers" league.  Parents out in the country have to make an effort to put their kids in soccer programs, and it usually means travel.  Not too many are interested in that, especially with our rich basketball tradition.  We were no dynasty, however, even back then, although we did make the playoffs all 4 years i was there, and won our only district championship in 98-99 (co-champs with l-town). 

Guest SexyTigger
I honestly did not know that HJ was ever that good. Who all did yall beat back then? Why was there such a drop in year round players? The same thing is happening in Silsbee, by next year there will not be a single player that actually plays or has played competatively outside high school.

[quote name="SexyTigger" post="958882" timestamp="1296591205"]
I honestly did not know that HJ was ever that good. Who all did yall beat back then? Why was there such a drop in year round players? The same thing is happening in Silsbee, by next year there will not be a single player that actually plays or has played competatively outside high school.
[/quote]

The late 90s was a strange time in HJ athletics.. For a brief period, Football and soccer were dominant teams and basketball was in a slump.. The reason IMO in the drop of soccer players is due to the fact as bullets said that there is no little league soccer nearby.. Also many athletes get to high school and may be phenomenal soccer players but due to the time of the sports they elect to play basketball or baseball and soccer falls short..

[quote name="SexyTigger" post="958882" timestamp="1296591205"]
[/quote]

we routinely beat Silsbee, Ozen, Central, Vidor (although those schools have improved), Kountze, Jasper, LCM, WOS (they actually had a pretty good team then) and others.  Lumberton was about the same then as they are now, and they usually beat us, but we played them close from my sophomore year on and split district with them one year.  We usually got thumped by PNG and Nederland, but those two were going DEEP in the playoffs every year (the nederland team had two players who played MLS, and one who's seen time on the US national team). 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin