Woden vs. Woodville Game Thread/Woden wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="east texas bb" post="946579" timestamp="1294807502"]
They are a good group of kids.  Some of the hardest workers you will find.  They deserve al the success they get.  It will be Woden, Woodville, and Central Heights going to the playoffs.  And I could see all 3 advancing a few rounds.
[/quote]Which direction will they head in the playoffs? I don't see them beating Kountze or EC and Anahuac is improving every time I see them.

Yeah they WILL be tied. Right now, they are not. Lol And no. They didn't. They made Woodville play with them. If they try to run with Woodville, it's a blowout by Woodville. They're coach is smarter than that. And as for a good group of kids... No. Sells got a tech brause of racial comments made from Woden players. I heard from MULTIPLE players on the jv and varsity levels that said that the kids from woden called them "ni**ers" repeatedly throughout the game. They threw elbows constantly and at one point pushed a Woodville players legs out from under him. And the girls  wrote very derogatory comments towards Woodville in their locker room. The dirty play is a shame. That's not basketball. And the comments, shows just how much character SOME of them have. That's completely ridiculous and uncalled for. It's childish and I can promise you, nothing like that has ever or will ever be permitted out of woodille high school athletes. It was ridiculous and a shame that it happened. They should be embarrassed at the lack of character shown.

Not saying by any means that they don't work their butts off or that they're bad people at all. But that is ridiculous and uncalled for. I understNd the intensity of the game. But as an athlete you must have more control than that. And as for the comments, there's absolutely no excuse for that. End of story.

First off, I dont believe that.  They have one or two black kids on the team so I cant see them saying that and one of them is a vital part of the team, I was around them all day everyday for 2 years and never heard anything like this. Now, will they cower down, you better think twice because they are too tough.  Now, if they were provoked they will stand up for themselves, but anybody should do that.  I dont know if that happened or not, and you are going on alot of what someone else has said.  Ever heard about the statement passed around the room and how it will change by the time it gets to the end.  That is what you heard.  The other day you complained that I didnt congratulate woodeville for their win over CH.  I havent heard anything but excuses from you about the game.  You say if Woden runs with Woodville they cant hang, evidentally woodville cant hang with woden in a possession game.  Who cares if they cant run up and down in a "running game" with them.  Last time I checked, those were not the rules of basketball.  You dont have to run and gun. 
I m sorry about whatever you think you heard, but that is not true.  You can say what you heard all day but it is just excuses.  Great bunch of boys who came in their with a game plan and won.  They work hard, get good grades, and were always a pleasure to be around.  I think I know them a little better than you.

I said, "woden made woodville play with them". Meaning that woden controlled the game and played it at their tempo. And its not about cowering down. But dont try to tell me that calling someone the N-word is a way of "satnding up for yourself". Thats crap. And it happened last game too. The same thing. The fact is, they might be good people. Im not doubting that at al. Cuz , youre right, i dont know them as well as you. But i do know what happened and what i SAW. Maybe they havent done it a lot this season. But in the two games against woodville, theyve played dirty. This one more than the last. And the comments made by the girls, written on the board, are ridiculous, childish, immature, and inexcusable. End of story.

WODEN PLAYS DIRTY (POINT,BLANK, PERIOD) -Witness ,and no im not saing they're dirty people cuz i and (we) dont know that, at a personal level, and trust me 2 yrs with teenagers dosnt mean you know them as well as you think . People show you want they wont to show you . Heck i have two diffrent sides ..WE ALL DO.. its part of being imperfect . But playing basketball , and playing dirty are to diffrent sports . And of course they're not going to call they're own players "n" words. Which clearly is ridiculous. I guess it cant all be put on the woden players shoulders, because obvioulsy they're getting tought the WRONG WAYYY !!! 

Sorry guys but you are wrong. 2 years is plenty of enough time to get to know someone.  I know those boys very well.  And true people dont have two sides(maybe that is how you are), I am sorry if you do, but the best people you will ever meet or know in this world are the kind of people who dont change, they are the same whether they are talking to a homeless man or the president.  Woden plays hard, IDK about dirty, yall had the officials organized so why didnt the officials clean the game up if they were so out of control.  Eagleswoodville, and you distorted what I said, that is a common tactic on this board when someone cant get the point across, not only by you but by others.  I didnt say that "calling someone the N-Word was a way to stand up for yourself."  You just flat out lieing.  They beat yall, its over and done.  And they did it at your place. 
And you dont know who wrote what and what was said by either team.  I played independant ball for 10-15 years and I received racist remarks everytime I stepped on the court (Im white) or walked in the gym with my team.  They usually stopped calling me names and saying I couldnt play after about the first 5 minutes. There is always two sides.  Eagleswoodville, you just completely changed every word of my statement around and wont give Woden the credit they deserve, and try to bring up race to solve why you got beat and why they are not good people.  Onfire, so the black kid they have on their team dosent care what they call other black people?  I was closer to him than most of the others. That is what is ridiculous.
What is a shame is that you cant congratulate them and you have to bring up race in your argument.  Im not going to argue with you anymore, they won, too bad, they are good kids, I know it, your mad you got beat :"dont wrestle in the mud with pigs, or you will get muddy too". 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi