LU Ladies vs. UH Updates...LU Wins/Comments

Big win for the ladies, coming back from being down by 12.  That makes 20 straight home wins!!  Huge 1st conference game on Saturday against Central Arkansas.  These are probably the two best teams in conference.  We need a big crowd Saturday to support the ladies.

[quote name="coachacola" post="942555" timestamp="1294204397"]
The SLC is ranked 31st out of 32 conferences.  Lamar should win out until they get to the NCAA tourney.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Women.html
[/quote]

Winning out would be tough, but I think we do have a great shot at repeating this year.

This is the first women's game I've been to this year and I was really impressed with our play.  We had a few bad turnovers, but I attribute that to the quickness of UH.  Kalis Lloyd and Jenna Plumley are our best players, but I was really impressed with Ang Green's play in the second half.  Great game.  I will also confess I left after the women's game.  I don't ever recall doing that in the past.  I'll be there Saturday too.

Good win for the Lady Cards! This Saturday will be a great way to open SLC play and get things going towards a second title. Central Arkansas is 8-5 and doesn't really have any super impressive wins this season. But they had a big win last year. They beat the snot out of the Lady Cards in Conway, Ark. and now is a chance for some payback for LU. Herbert is a really good player averaging a double double this season and so far for her career, although she is just a sophomore.

Being at home, first conference game, probably a little chip on their shoulder after falling big to them last year I see an impressive Lady Cardinals victory on Saturday. Possibly setting up a big time run through the SLC? Hope so.

Yep, they (UCA) shot like 20 FT's in Conway last year when they beat Lamar. Coach Tidwell still gets upset when talking about that game. I'm sure he'll have the Ladies ready for the Sugar Bears.

Speaking of Herbert, she is a flat out stud and I can't believe she ended up at UCA. She has over 30 double-double for her career and she is just a sophomore.

Last season, if Jenna Plumley didn't win the POY honors it would have been Herbert. She did take home the Freshman of the Year honors.

[quote name="bigred360" post="942824" timestamp="1294250934"]
Yep, they (UCA) shot like 20 FT's in Conway last year when they beat Lamar. Coach Tidwell still gets upset when talking about that game. I'm sure he'll have the Ladies ready for the Sugar Bears.

Speaking of Herbert, she is a flat out stud and can' believe she ended up at UCA. She has over 30 double-double for her career and she is just a sophomore.

Last season, if Jenna Plumley didn't win the POY honors it would have been Herbert. She did take home the Freshman of the Year honors.
[/quote]

AS far as Herbert goes, I think her size kept the "bigger" schools away from her. I remember thinking that there was probably a hand full of SEC women's programs that are nothing special that could have used a talent like that, especially since she was Arkansas Miss Basketball as a senior. But I guess 5-11 post players just don't get a lot of coaches excited, especially when you are an SEC or similiar sized program. I suppose it was their loss and UCA's gain.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12