District 10-2A

Youre right. And i think coach fentress is taking good steps to get that taken care of. Theyre definitely moving in the right direction though. And who knows? this senior bunch for woodville beat newton in eighth grade ;) hahahahahaha and thats without lockhart, harrison, and two of teir starting lineman which will be juniors next year. lol obviously that doesnt mean much. But woodville did outplay newton this past year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wackpack
[quote name="oldbuc" post="943332" timestamp="1294332607"]
discpline is what its all about and thats why we wear it on shirts before every game because to be honest ec doesnt have the athletes that most schools they play do but the have more discpline and thats why we are able to achieve more
[/quote] ...    ..... they have enough athletes coming up from the jv team to get it done this yr

Guest ECBucFan
EC = #1 seed.
EC = beat Anahuac last two years
EC = Made 3rd round, Wack out in 2nd.

If you think you are co-anything, more power to 'ya. Enjoy!  :D

Guest wackpack
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="943944" timestamp="1294426416"]
Are there trophys for what round you went out in? EC should have a closet full of those.
[/quote] thats not nice !!!!!!!!!! lol

Guest oooohEasily
It's going to be interesting to see how the district unfolds next year. I believe this to be one of the toughest 2-A districts around. I believe Anahuac, Newton, and EC to be the favorites of course but I think Woodville will be much improved and have a lot of speed and Buna is always tough to beat. The only team who had a chance to make the playoffs this year who will be left out next year I believe to be Hardin. That being said I think Buna and Woodville will both upsett one of the top teams leaving one of those three out and giving or possibly coming down to another tiebreaker scenario but this is of course only January.

Guest ECBucFan
Are there trophys for what round you went out in? EC should have a closet full of those.
[/quote]

Pay 'em no attention, thats just raw bitterness speaking. Tons of that in Newton lately. 3rd place Newton is not even in the discussion!  ;D

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="AP2011" post="944035" timestamp="1294438134"]
ok for one it doesnt matter that yall beat us last year thats last year it doesnt matter. and it doesnt count as 3rd round if you have a first round bye we played in as many playoff games as yall this year.
[/quote]

Thats too funny! How many people in Anahuac said "it didn't matter" the next day? And your 2nd round somehow equals EC's 3rd? Hilarious!  ;D

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="944051" timestamp="1294439929"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=77926.msg943944#msg943944 date=1294426416]
[/quote]

Pay 'em no attention, thats just raw bitterness speaking. Tons of that in Newton lately. 3rd place Newton is not even in the discussion!  ;D
[/quote]
Bitter? How can telling the truth be bitter? After the year Newton had I was proud of third place! All this crowing about what ec did, and still not accomplishing much makes me laugh. East Chambers team played hard and had a great QB in the Jones kid, but was far from dominate and advanced to the third round based on a tie breaker rule and getting a bye in the first round, which means they did not play any more playoff games than Anahuac or Newton. :D

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="944553" timestamp="1294493253"]
East Chambers team played hard and had a great QB in the Jones kid, but was far from dominate and advanced to the third round based on a tie breaker rule and getting a bye in the first round, which means they did not play any more playoff games than Anahuac or Newton. :D
[/quote]

EC, still standing in the 3rd round, gave Yoe war until the final second ticked off. This was in contrast to Yoes previous opponent from round 2, that FLAT OUT GAVE UP AND [u]QUIT[/u] ON THEM!  ;D ;D ;D  Raw bitterness is on your menu, for quite a while!  :D

Raw bitterness doesn't even make sense. Some how you seem to think this is a stinging dig. If this is the best you got, I feel sorry for you. Newton has been beaten worse in the playoffs than the Yoe loss. If you think we won't be back, good. Newton has probably lost more playoff games than EC too, but we also are 3 for 4 in State Title games. How many does EC have? You must live close to I10 because all that exhaust has given you dain bramage. Rave on and add this year to the 82 consecutive playoff appearances that zings your bell. Still no titles.

I have all kinds of respect for the EC program and the kids that participate including their band. The way they handled Newton this year (including the bands performance at halftime) was a true show of class. The football team came out and played hard (which is what Coach Barbay would have expected and respected) and took it to Newton. But when exaggerations and untruths are espoused simply to try to raise the accomplishments on field of a quality year by a single individual that wants desperately for his team to seem superior in all respects, I have to challenge that logic. EC team had a good year and are to be commended for it. Wild accusations and exaggerations by one so called fan should not reflect poorly on those accomplishments.

Guest Abraham
[/quote]
Thats just rude.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder