Lamar vs Canisisius..And Yes LU Loses!!!

[quote name="puddin tane" post="937659" timestamp="1293073928"]
man..i wonder what they see on the resumes of these guys.....since pat foster..nothing

Tidwell take the men?
[/quote]Actually Abatemarco was and is a very good coach. His ignorant big mouth got him fired. He could turn LU mens team around fast.

[quote name="UNLV" post="937683" timestamp="1293076572"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=77905.msg937659#msg937659 date=1293073928]
man..i wonder what they see on the resumes of these guys.....since pat foster..nothing

Tidwell take the men?
[/quote]Actually Abatemarco was and is a very good coach. His ignorant big mouth got him fired. He could turn LU mens team around fast.
[/quote]

I remember him hating on Patrizi's Italian Restaurant while he was here......
Why can't we get a decent basketball coach? Is it the recruits? Is it his X's and O's? Is it the amount of gel in his hair? I thought Coach Roc was a better coach...What is wrong?

Roc was never a head coach at any level before being handed the Lamar job and it shows.  I will give him some credit as a recruiter but it is much easier to get kids to come play for Calipari at Memphis or Kentucky than to get them to come to a medicore program in a one and done conference.  Custer starts the game plays about 3.5 minutes then sits the bench for the rest of the half,  same story second half.  They out rebound us big time.  Brazier looked good but instead of rotating him and Custer and keeping them fresh he brings in Brown.  No half court offense.  Understand I do not think Custer is anything special but if you normalize the stats to playing a full 40 minutes he and Brazier should get about equal time.

I was there tonight. Lamar got killed on the boards. Canicius was a better team than I expected, but Lamar still should have beaten this team.

Roc has had his time, it's time for him to go. I have never (made statements about this a few years ago) been impressed with his x's and o's. His in-game decision making is terrible. He simply cannot make adjustments.

BCG!! BCG!!! BCG!!!

I think the priest gave up on him too.  I don't think he was there tonight.

We have seen the team at it's best during the early season, the practices were electrifying.  Roc and his  tactics stifle the team.  Why he would not let them go, and at least run and gun with them maybe something would happen, let them shoot.

I agree with geezer, on all points.  Roc does not know how to coach and during the game the asst. coach a useless, other than keeping stats.  Roc does not consult, he just jumps in with a game plan and it turns out bad and you wonder what is on his mind. 

Some of the comments on fb of players is they are ready to go home for holidays and maybe that has had some effect. 

We have had the pre-conference season,(well almost complete). We still have the conference game to get things turned around. But it they do, I don't think there will be anyone there to watch them.

[quote name="UNLV" post="937683" timestamp="1293076572"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=77905.msg937659#msg937659 date=1293073928]

Tidwell take the men?
[/quote]

Abatemarco was interested in the job 5 years ago when Roc was hired instead.  Maybe he's still interested.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami