YOU MAKE THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

OLDREF

"She is extremely irritated that we took away a possible break a way lay-up"

was it a possible break a way lay-up or a for sure wide open lay-up?  if defenders are back then yes you stop the game.  If the player is all alone then I would say let it play.  However, the ref has an obligation to protect the players.  A face slam to the floor and a player bleeding is one of those times. 

I would say you made the right call Oldref. 

[quote name="BUNA95" post="936597" timestamp="1292870200"]
If player is out of harms way let it go. Stop once basket has been made or when the ball cames to the other direction. This way was told to me when I was coaching a little dribbler BBALL game.
[/quote]
correct!!!!!

[quote name="jabu84" post="941809" timestamp="1294124865"]
[quote author=BUNA95 link=topic=77816.msg936597#msg936597 date=1292870200]
If player is out of harms way let it go. Stop once basket has been made or when the ball cames to the other direction. This way was told to me when I was coaching a little dribbler BBALL game.
[/quote]
correct!!!!!
[/quote] Finally.....logical thinkers. Shooting a breakaway lay-up going away from the injured player doesn't endanger her in any way!!!!!! My gosh, no wonder that officials take a beating on this blog. They don't get it!!!

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="941844" timestamp="1294151518"]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=77816.msg941809#msg941809 date=1294124865]
[quote author=BUNA95 link=topic=77816.msg936597#msg936597 date=1292870200]
[/quote]
correct!!!!!
[/quote] Finally.....logical thinkers. Shooting a breakaway lay-up going away from the injured player doesn't endanger her in any way!!!!!! My gosh, no wonder that officials take a beating on this blog. They don't get it!!!
[/quote]

Logical thinking?  I don't know!  A call based upon wellbeing of a child and if not literally, at the very least in the spirit of injury and blood rules everywhere, sounds pretty doggone logical to me.

I guess I am glad he is reffing and you aren't Lt. Dangle.

[quote name="OLDREF" post="941890" timestamp="1294158886"]
YOU ARE FINALLY RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING lt dangle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT...I REST MY CASE......I am glad the children always come first in my book...sorry but that will not change.
[/quote]
When I to camp over the summer the it was explain to me if its a 4 on 3, 3 on 2, and they are a break you let it go until the ball is scored or pull out to an non scoring position.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833