LaMarque vs. Aledo State Title Predictions?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="brcatfan" post="933932" timestamp="1292464996"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=77344.msg933799#msg933799 date=1292448327]
[quote author=stevieray link=topic=77344.msg933759#msg933759 date=1292444444]
[b]Gray will get his yards....the kid is a beast! [/b]  How is LM's RB doing?  I heard he was banged up a little.

[/quote]

Here's where I don't know enough about Aledo...LM has the [u]talent[/u] on defense to stop Gray straight up without any gimmicks, not saying they will but....if they do does Aledo have enough other options on offense to still win.  Aledo could completely shut down Tim Wright and still give up 50.
[/quote]

Interesting claim -- that LM will put up 50 on Aledo "even if Wright is shut down."  Especially interesting since I believe the most points LM scored in a game this year was 48. BTW, Aledo and LM have comparable rushing and passing yards per game -- Aledo averages about 30 more rushing yards per game and 30 more total yards per game.

Looking forward to seeing Wright haul the rock at Jerry World.  Hope both teams play well and we have an injury free game.  Safe travel to all.
[/quote]

Nice first post....try reading a little better as well.  The point was LM has way more weapons than just Tim Wright.  From what I've seen and heard...Aledo doesn't have the same type weapons outside of Gray.  LM has two players from their front 7 on the all state team....neither of whom I would consider their best defensive player.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rollinac" post="934221" timestamp="1292515630"]
[quote author=brcatfan link=topic=77344.msg933932#msg933932 date=1292464996]
[b]Gray will get his yards....the kid is a beast! [/b]  How is LM's RB doing?  I heard he was banged up a little.

[/quote]

Here's where I don't know enough about Aledo...LM has the [u]talent[/u] on defense to stop Gray straight up without any gimmicks, not saying they will but....if they do does Aledo have enough other options on offense to still win.  Aledo could completely shut down Tim Wright and still give up 50.
[/quote]

Interesting claim -- that LM will put up 50 on Aledo "even if Wright is shut down."  Especially interesting since I believe the most points LM scored in a game this year was 48. BTW, Aledo and LM have comparable rushing and passing yards per game -- Aledo averages about 30 more rushing yards per game and 30 more total yards per game.

Looking forward to seeing Wright haul the rock at Jerry World.  Hope both teams play well and we have an injury free game.  Safe travel to all.
[/quote]

Nice first post....try reading a little better as well.  The point was LM has way more weapons than just Tim Wright.  From what I've seen and heard...Aledo doesn't have the same type weapons outside of Gray.  LM has two players from their front 7 on the all state team....neither of whom I would consider their best defensive player.
[/quote]
Would have to say that La Marque has more athletes and speed but whoever plays mistake free will win this one.  If Aledo can sustain some long drives and keep La Marque's offense off of the field then Aledo will win.  La Marque will make some bonehead mistakes as they have all post-season but Aledo has to make them pay for their mistakes.  Gray and Wright will get theirs but Aledo has to make La Marque's QB pay on the long passes.  If Aledo can't contain the QB and long passes then it will be a long day for Aledo.  Going to be a good one.

[quote name="stevieray" post="933620" timestamp="1292434020"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=77344.msg933433#msg933433 date=1292394970]
Hate to disapoint all you Aledo fans but Aledo almost got spanked by Poteet ? And Poteet's  QB played with a bad leg the whole 2nd half and they are'nt nearly as stacked as LM Aledo might win but I would'nt bet the bank on it !
[/quote]

How does a team win a game and almost get "spanked" at the same time? 
[/quote]Definition of ALMOST
: very nearly but not exactly or entirely <we're almost there>
  Lets see a few things come to mind - ( Aledo was the clear favorite ) Aledo had to come from behind in the 4th to pull out a win and against a team with a injured QB !  Whats your problem you get off on splitting hairs or what !

I think aledo wins 31 to 17.  I think alot of people are forgetting aledo gave lake travis their first defeat in like 3 years and you see where lake travis is. I can also tell you that aledo will be the best team LM has faced all year and I doubt LM is the best aledo has seen. Everybody keeps talking about all the athletes on LM like they are the only team with great talent. Aledo has a qb that can beat you running or throwing the ball so LM will not have the luxury of just stacking the line and blitzing every down like they did in our game and their running back will be the most sought after running back in the nation next year. I will say LM is on a roll, but people forget this team barely made the playoffs losing three games in disrict play. If it wouldnt have been for a one point victory against galveston ball LM would have been home watching the playoffs but i guess tonight we will see im just glad the game is televised just wish the broncos were there.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="934805" timestamp="1292607896"]
I think aledo wins 31 to 17.  I think alot of people are forgetting aledo gave lake travis their first defeat in like 3 years and you see where lake travis is. I can also tell you that aledo will be the best team LM has faced all year and I doubt LM is the best aledo has seen. Everybody keeps talking about all the athletes on LM like they are the only team with great talent. Aledo has a qb that can beat you running or throwing the ball so LM will not have the luxury of just stacking the line and blitzing every down like they did in our game and their running back will be the most sought after running back in the nation next year. I will say LM is on a roll, but people forget this team barely made the playoffs losing three games in disrict play. If it wouldnt have been for a one point victory against galveston ball LM would have been home watching the playoffs but i guess tonight we will see im just glad the game is televised just wish the broncos were there.
[/quote]

You do know that LT was missing their All-state QB, WR and OLineman right? Just wanted to point that out. Take away Aledo's top 2 players and see what happens against a top teir opponent.

So your argument is take away aledo's two best players and see what happens. I think the same can be said for any team in texas. Do you think LM would be here without their qb E. williams and tim wright. I knew lake travis was without their qb didnt know about the lineman but the point is aledo still beat a team that is probably the best 4a program in texas and you do realize LM just barely made the playoffs i mean texas city beat them pearland dawson beat them and friendswood hung 55 points on them and your telling me all aledo did was go undefeated and beat a team that has not lost in three years.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="934823" timestamp="1292609650"]
So your argument is take away aledo's two best players and see what happens. I think the same can be said for any team in texas. Do you think LM would be here without their qb E. williams and tim wright. I knew lake travis was without their qb didnt know about the lineman but the point is aledo still beat a team that is probably the best 4a program in texas.
[/quote]

right.... but you reference the 3 year streak  of LT. To me it sounded like you thought LT was at their best when Aledo beat them. your top QB and WR plus and OL is a huge loss and changes the chemistry of the team at the very least.

Aledo is a very good team and they've proven that... but if you're gonna use the LT win as a point-prover, it just doesn't hold water. It was a really good win but not much more.

good luck to both. i hope lm wins.

[quote name="dayton" post="934830" timestamp="1292609974"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=77344.msg934823#msg934823 date=1292609650]
So your argument is take away aledo's two best players and see what happens. I think the same can be said for any team in texas. Do you think LM would be here without their qb E. williams and tim wright. I knew lake travis was without their qb didnt know about the lineman but the point is aledo still beat a team that is probably the best 4a program in texas.
[/quote]

right.... but you reference the 3 year streak  of LT. To me it sounded like you thought LT was at their best when Aledo beat them. your top QB and WR plus and OL is a huge loss and changes the chemistry of the team at the very least.

Aledo is a very good team and they've proven that... but if you're gonna use the LT win as a point-prover, it just doesn't hold water. It was a really good win but not much more.

good luck to both. i hope lm wins.
[/quote] good post !

[quote name="bronco pride" post="934835" timestamp="1292610405"]
Well we can agree to disagree. Im with you on LM winning. Region 3 has not had a 4a state champion in a while maybe this is the year. I will say one more thing though aledo has like 15 starters coming back and im hoping we get to see them next year live instead of watching it at home.
[/quote]

good post.  ;)

LT was definately down, but it was also essentially the same team that beat everyone else they faced.  I believe the QB Brewer was back for the Cedar Park loss towards the end of the district season.  Bottom line is, when you get to the state championship game, both team are going to be road tested.  They are all on at least a 6 game win streak with teams that were in the top half of the districts througout Texas.

Things in La Marque's Favor:
1.  Lots of athletes on that team.
2.  Peaking at the perfect time.
3.  Athletes galore!
4.  Tradition!  Although none of the current players have played in SC game, those that came before them were frequent participants!
5.  Did I mention that they have some dudes that can flat out run (i.e. athletes?)

Things in Aledo's Favor:
1.  Very disciplined team that is very well coached.
2.  Defending state champions with a 90% of team having made the trip last year to Austin for that win.....they know what to expect.  Most guys that will be playing tonight are currently 30-1 over the last two seasons, with the one loss comgin against County 5A rival Weatherford in delayed game due to a very heavy rainstorm where the game was finally finished after midnight in OT.
3.  Have already played and won a game at Jerry World against there biggest rival...Stephenville last year in OT.  Trip is only 45 mins from Aledo.
4.  Have proven they can come from behind in the 4th if needed.
5.  JGray is reported to be back to 100% and QB Bishop has matured significanlty through the last 5 weeks.
6.  Crowd.....Aledo travels very well and the fact that this game is in the metroplex is definately a plus.  I will not be surprised if there are 12,000 to 15,000 people there pulling for Aledo.  We sold out of our allotment of tickets.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="934615" timestamp="1292567045"]
[quote author=stevieray link=topic=77344.msg933620#msg933620 date=1292434020]
Hate to disapoint all you Aledo fans but Aledo almost got spanked by Poteet ? And Poteet's  QB played with a bad leg the whole 2nd half and they are'nt nearly as stacked as LM Aledo might win but I would'nt bet the bank on it !
[/quote]

Lets see a few things come to mind - ( Aledo was the clear favorite ) Aledo had to come from behind in the 4th to pull out a win and against a team with a injured QB !  Whats your problem you get off on splitting hairs or what !
[/quote]

I don't have a problem, I just asked a simple question.  Relax!

Carthage and Coldspring can be seen on cable 26 FSN,but the rockets play at 7:00 on 26, the cable guide shows LaMarque vs Aledo @ 8 pm on FSDC CH 307. It is a seperate cable package ch 300-318, I think it is about 6-10 bucks and after bowl season you can cancel, there are several bowl games on these channels over the holidays.

[quote name="football04" post="935066" timestamp="1292626796"]
Carthage and Coldspring can be seen on cable 26 FSN,but the rockets play at 7:00 on 26, the cable guide shows LaMarque vs Aledo @ 8 pm on FSDC CH 307. It is a seperate cable package ch 300-318, I think it is about 6-10 bucks and after bowl season you can cancel, there are several bowl games on these channels over the holidays.
[/quote]

so it isnt on channel 26?

[quote name="rollinac" post="933799" timestamp="1292448327"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Told ya!

[quote name="jayhawk" post="934615" timestamp="1292567045"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm gonna go ahead and leave you alone.....I would hate to "split hairs"

[quote name="rollinac" post="934221" timestamp="1292515630"]
[quote author=brcatfan link=topic=77344.msg933932#msg933932 date=1292464996]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, thanks for clearing that up, I thought you said, "Aledo could completely shut down Tim Wright and still give up 50."

Well, Aledo couldn't stop Wright.  He's a heck of an athlete and had some incredible runs last night.  I'm sure we'll being hearing a lot more about him in the next few years.

[quote name="stevieray" post="935614" timestamp="1292665216"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=77344.msg934615#msg934615 date=1292567045]
Hate to disapoint all you Aledo fans but Aledo almost got spanked by Poteet ? And Poteet's  QB played with a bad leg the whole 2nd half and they are'nt nearly as stacked as LM Aledo might win but I would'nt bet the bank on it !
[/quote]

Lets see a few things come to mind - ( Aledo was the clear favorite ) Aledo had to come from behind in the 4th to pull out a win and against a team with a injured QB !  Whats your problem you get off on  ;)splitting hairs or what !
[/quote]

I'm gonna go ahead and leave you alone.....I would hate to "split hairs"

[/quote] I would respond ,but I need to relax - ;) Tis the season !

Wow i guess aledo is pretty good. I know alot of people kept talking about all those big fast athletes on LM defense and how they could shut down aledo. I said it before and i will say it again LM defense gave up tons of points to average teams all year.Aledo not only ran all over them with that stud Gray but they could have easily have thrown for 400 yards but one bright point that made me proud to be a bronco fan is after seeing Aledo's defense i bet our defense was by far the best LM has seen this year. Oh well on to next year how long till week zero.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder