dayton broncos

Just wanted to say thanks to the broncos for another great year. I think next year should be another easy run through discrict. I know we have alot of holes to fill on the defense but im sure they will be filled as usual. Im hoping we can find somedbody to compete for the quarterback position it would be nice to have someone at the position a little bigger and more athletic. With Mcbride and jak at running back and all our receivers back scoring points should come easily. Thanks again for a great year.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bronco pride" post="928031" timestamp="1291741019"]
Just wanted to say thanks to the broncos for another great year. I think next year should be another easy run through discrict. I know we have alot of holes to fill on the defense but im sure they will be filled as usual. Im hoping we can find somedbody to compete for the quarterback position it would be nice to have someone at the position a little bigger and more athletic. With Mcbride and jak at running back and all our receivers back scoring points should come easily. Thanks again for a great year.
[/quote] Great year Bronco's ! Thanks for all the hard work and dedication we as fans were lucky to wittness such great football ! Good luck to all Seniors - thanks for the ride - you will be missed ! I like our QB  A.H. ( remember Livingston) he's got the mental skills and arm to lead us for another deep run ! GO BRONCO'S ~~~~~~~~

Completely agree great year Broncos, and congrats too all the seniors!! You have made everyone proud. The comment about a new quarterback is honestly a little retarted to say the least. Andres Herrera was first team all district as a junior. That means he has one more year ahead of him, and that means another year under Coach Stewart plus his staff. Which in turn means better results just in all honesty...

I'd like to give a big up to the linemen. They did an outstanding job this year. This group of sweat hogs was fun to watch this season.

Herrera does a really good job at managing the game. He is accurate and seems pretty poised.  He does have room for improvement.  I would like to see him bulk up a little bit for next season and gain arm strength.  Chambers should push him during the offseason.

So, who will be graduating and who is coming back?  Any move-ins expected?

Herrera is a system quarterback and knows this system WELL! This is his team and is a great manager of the offense. He might not have the best arm strength or size but he has what he needs between his ears. Next year will be great for the Bronco's and I dont see where anyone in 19-4A can make a case about beating the Bronc's next year.

No doubt broncos should and will be the best team in 19 4a. The broncos outcoach and outclass everyone in our district but when you get deep in the playoffs against other good coaches and equal talent you are going to need a qb that can make big plays and if you were at the LM game and saw there qb there was a huge talent difference between there qb and ours. Im not saying andreas is not a descent qb but if your goal is to win a championship i dont see you getting it done with him.

You said a lot of wrong after the first sentence. Look name a quarterback that has really been a beast for Dayton as a junior? Look even Cody wasn't which is known as the best QB to come through Dayton. Gregg had to take his place, and took us to the semi-finals. During this time he was a senior, and the year after when Cody returned as a Senior he took us to state. My point is you can never out a quarterback that hasn't reached his last year of high school football. Andreas will come through, because 1 thing history in Dayton Bronco history proves is quarterback reach there max highchool potential there senior year. I'm putting it on the map that Andreas Herrea, and his team will lead us to a new mark this year!!!!!!!!

Skill positions are nice to talk about but the issue next year will not be the QB. O-LINE / D-LINE is the bigger issue. JV has some potentials but "studs" no. Anyway Im sure Stewart and co will address this and the BRONX will be ready to bring da wood next year. Thanks for another fun ride this season and counting down till next year. ;D

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="928278" timestamp="1291764507"]
Skill positions are nice to talk about but the issue next year will not be the QB. O-LINE / D-LINE is the bigger issue. JV has some potentials but "studs" no. Anyway Im sure Stewart and co will address this and the BRONX will be ready to bring da wood next year. Thanks for another fun ride this season and counting down till next year. ;D
[/quote]I think the d-line will be ok. Charles had a great year and we all are forgetting about burks. he got hurt the first game against elkins. The o-line will need some help, but with the experience ubre got this and the jr's we got returning I think we will be ok. that JV team had some good linemen also. We just need to play another non-district schedule like we did this year and it will help us grow up fast. We just need some one to step up and be a leader on the field. 

[quote name="broncos92" post="928303" timestamp="1291766027"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=77151.msg928278#msg928278 date=1291764507]
[/quote]I think the d-line will be ok. Charles had a great year and we all are forgetting about burks. he got hurt the first game against elkins. The o-line will need some help, but with the experience ubre got this and the jr's we got returning I think we will be ok. that JV team had some good linemen also. We just need to play another non-district schedule like we did this year and it will help us grow up fast. We just need some one to step up and be a leader on the field. 
[/quote]
CJ is a DB not on the D-line. Oubre is gonna be a stud and the center Barton is solid. I was more impressed with the fresh d-line than the JV. The front three are beast.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="928261" timestamp="1291762292"]
No doubt broncos should and will be the best team in 19 4a. The broncos outcoach and outclass everyone in our district but when you get deep in the playoffs against other good coaches and equal talent you are going to need a qb that can make big plays and if you were at the LM game and saw there qb there was a huge talent difference between there qb and ours. Im not saying andreas is not a descent qb but if your goal is to win a championship i dont see you getting it done with him.
[/quote]

Exactly

Andreas is the best QB in Dayton and will be next year as well.  He has a better grasp of the offense than any other QB we have had at Dayton.  Cody was not asked to do as much as Andreas does.  Andreas has to do more with less than Cody ever had to.  Cody had AJ and LaCour his Sr. year.  Andreas does not have a playmaker like either one of those two with him.  Sure everyone would like to have a 6'3 QB that runs a 4.4 but there is not one of those in Dayton, if there was he would be at QB.  What there is in Dayton is a 5'6 gunslinger that knows this offense and has lead this team to 7 playoff games in the last 2 years.

[quote name="Matt" post="928375" timestamp="1291773324"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=77151.msg928261#msg928261 date=1291762292]
[/quote]

Exactly
[/quote]

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="928504" timestamp="1291781816"]
What there is in Dayton is a 5'6 gunslinger that knows this offense and has lead this team to 7 playoff games in the last 2 years.
[/quote]

Wow, that's a small QB for a program as good as Dayton....He must have all the other needed skills and tangibles...

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="928345" timestamp="1291770864"]
[quote author=broncos92 link=topic=77151.msg928303#msg928303 date=1291766027]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=77151.msg928278#msg928278 date=1291764507]
[/quote]
[b]CJ is a DB not on the D-line.[/b] Oubre is gonna be a stud and the center Barton is solid. I was more impressed with the fresh d-line than the JV. The front three are beast.
[/quote]

he's talking about Phillip Burks.... #53.... D-lineman that got hurt during the Elkins games. Tore something in his knee.

I think that some are letting the size of Andreas over shadow his ability. He works well under pressure. Hes very good at hitting his target when he throws. I feel he has some minor issues with his running with the ball,(lacks confidence) but that was much improved through the season. Stewart knows what the weaknesses and strengths are for each one of his boys. Look for them to roll through district again next season. There are alot of key players returning next year. ;)

I agree thanks again Dayton for messing up hunting season.  It has always been a family tradition to talk football on Thanksgiving, but recent years the Broncos fill up most the conversation.  With Andreas it is easy to look at the less than perfect performance games that ended the season, and forget the ones we all praised that got us there.  When you are playing into the third round or later every team that does'nt continue on can probably say, we did not get the best from more than one key position.  I like the tenacity of our Mighty mouse and will enjoy seeing him get better.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="928031" timestamp="1291741019"]
[/quote]
Man'o man, you go from giving thanks,to be-littling the QB,and then continue to smash Herrera in later posts.  Wow, is this the same poster that posted the ridiculous "Dayton playing at Cowboy Stadium for the State Championship" thread?  Hope not, either way this post is ridiculous as well.  Did it ever occur to you that La Marque had probably one of, if not the best defense's Dayton had played all year?  Did it ever occur to you that Herrera made some plays in that game that probably no other QB in those situations could have made?  Did it ever occur to you how many dropped passes, turnovers, and penalties that didn't involve the QB?  You take what your given and make the best of it.  The loss against La Marque was a team loss not a Herrera loss and believe me Dayton had their chances because the game was still in question late into the 3rd/early 4th quarter.  Remember it's a TEAM sport.  This thread just ticks me off. >:(

You must have me mixed up with someone else about the playing at cowboy stadium thing. I knew when we played an athletic team that could man up on our receivers it would be tough for us to score. They stacked the line and dared ah to beat them it was smart on their part. He very rarely throws the ball downfield 90 percent of his passes are screens and passes behind the line of scrimmage and everybody in the stadium knew he couldnt beat you running the ball. Like i said in an earlier post look at lamarques qb and look at ours and if you dont see a huge talent difference then ohwell.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder