Dayton Stays Put

SETEXFan

If my nephew has to drive from Humble to P/A on a tuesday night what is it going to hurt the little broncos to doing a little travel? Let'em dominate that district like they did this one for the last twenty years. :o:lol:

If my nephew has to drive from Humble to P/A on a tuesday night what is it going to hurt the little broncos to doing a little travel? Let'em dominate that district like they did this one for the last twenty years. :o:lol:

Oh c'mon ETBU, DOMINATE??? I don't think so. They'll compete for sure, but NOONE DOMINATES this district. It's a week to week District and just about anyone can beat anyone else at a time.

Nice try though. :oops:

Your right guys I was being a wise guy. Not a big Dayton fan and it goes back thirty years. Huffman and Dayton use to be in the same district MOONS ago. Glad to see Dayton heading east and now we will see what they have week to week. Fell off the wagon. LOl My bad. :lol:

Oh c'mon ETBU' date=' DOMINATE??? I don't think so. They'll compete for sure, but NOONE DOMINATES this district. It's a week to week District and just about anyone can beat anyone else at a time.

Nice try though. :oops:[/quote']

This has got to be the first post ever by someone from the Golden Triangle claiming they are in a "weak district". Got to save this one for the hall of fame..... :D

I think etbu was being a bit sarcastic........he knows what brand of football is played over here. Dayton will be a worthy opponent' date=' but they like the others, will not dominate this district.[/quote']

It was a bad break for Dayton to have to leave their old district and move into a much tougher one but I think alot of people in Barbers Hill and Huffman are pleased that they won't be on their schedule. To bad cause it would have made for some good rivalrys. Its a very real possibility that Dayton could play Barbers Hill this coming season in the playoffs and I think that the Eagles could hang with them this particular time. Alot of talent coming back for Barbers Hill.

How did the Golden Triangle teams do when they played the teams from Daytons district? I know that Ozen beat dayton but how did Nederland and the other team do? How have the teams fared such as King, Crosby and Dayton done when they matched up in the playoff's over the last several years?

jody im sure he wasnt saying that this is a weak district cause we all know it's not' date='i think he's saying there's always a threat when you line up agaisnt someone on friday night(unless its lc-m,lumberton or vidor!)[/quote']

There is no doubt, it is a weak district. I still think two of the teams in this district can take at least two of the teams in that dstrict. If WOS can beat Nederland and PN-G, then BH can and most likely Galena Park.

• 1 month later...

Dayton hasn't been in the present district for 20 years, more like 8, before that they were in another crappy district 19-4a with silsbee, jasper, ozen and some other teams

And before the present headcoach arrived 11 years ago, they went 4-36 and i would love to see them match up against B.H. or Huffman, B.H. might be the 3rd spot but as for huffman they only beat smiley this year, and the more i think about huffman might be smileys first win in who knows how long

it still doesn't make sense, its kind of like moving png or nederland into a district with livingston, willis, caney creek, etc. how would you develop a rivalry, you know people and interact with people that are close by, but i don't know to many people 60 miles away, its like "oh yeah we play them, go team, guess i'll read about it in the paper"

5-4 wasn't close at all..1 vote against is all it took. Had to be an unanimous vote if favor of Dayton from new and old district just for them to be able to get the UIL to look at the situation..at least that is what I thought I read in a newspaper article when realignment first happened.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder