TCU accepts invite to Big East

UNLV

[quote name="coachacola" post="922014" timestamp="1291051586"]
Good move by TCU.  I wouldn't be surprised if the MWC invited Utah State, and if they do then aren't they basically the old WAC reincarnated?

Maybe the WAC can hold on and invite Lamar, [b]North Texas[/b], [b]Arkansas State and UL-Lafayette[/b] and [b]UTA[/b] so the WAC can become the old SLC reincarnated. 
[/quote]

UNT has been invited three (maybe more) times, and has declined each one.

UTA doesn't have football, and has no plans for football, so inviting them wouldn't save the conference. They need a certain number of football teams to stay an FBS conference.

UL-La is at risk of not having enough athletic funding and the travel budget of the WAC would kill them.

[quote name="coachacola" post="922014" timestamp="1291051586"]
Good move by TCU.  I wouldn't be surprised if the MWC invited Utah State, and if they do then aren't they[b] basically the old WAC reincarnated?[/b]Maybe the WAC can hold on and invite Lamar, North Texas, Arkansas State and UL-Lafayette and UTA so the WAC can become the old SLC reincarnated. 
[/quote]
Exactly!  The WAC/MWC has gone full circle.

I was half-kidding about the WAC inviting UNT, UTA, LU, ASU and ULL.  I think the WAC may be in serious trouble now, which is too bad because if it goes away it will limit the options of LU, SHSU and others of moving up in the future. 

I know this will never happen, but I'm for the WAC losing USU and SJSU and adding LU, ASU, ULL, maybe another Texas school or two, plus grabbing Wichita State and Missouri State from the MVC.  You'd have a pretty good basketball and baseball conference with potential to be a good football conference.  It won't happen for a number of reasons but I think it'd be a nice regional conference with potential.

[quote name="coachacola" post="922154" timestamp="1291060765"]
I was half-kidding about the WAC inviting UNT, UTA, LU, ASU and ULL.  I think the WAC may be in serious trouble now, which is too bad because if it goes away it will limit the options of LU, SHSU and others of moving up in the future. 

I know this will never happen, but I'm for the WAC losing USU and SJSU and adding LU, ASU, ULL, maybe another Texas school or two, plus grabbing Wichita State and Missouri State from the MVC.  You'd have a pretty good basketball and baseball conference with potential to be a good football conference.  It won't happen for a number of reasons but I think it'd be a nice regional conference with potential.
[/quote]

I agree with you on the basketball/baseball side, but it would probably become the single worst football conference ever to grace FBS.

[quote name="geezer" post="922435" timestamp="1291078507"]
I would have preferred to see the Big 12 go after TCU as a replacement for Nebraska or Colorado
[/quote]
Ditto. Kinda shocked. TCU to the Big East?? Just dont seam right. I was really hoping that TCU to the Big 12 and a strong push to get Arkansas back.

North          South
Kansas        Texas
KState          A&M
Mizzou          Tech
ISU              Ark
OU              TCU
OSU            Baylor

Many see a Big 12 collapse coming. For Lamar, hopefully soon.

Sports
Kansas Jayhawks to the Big East?
http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2010/12/kansas_to_the_big_east.php

Also Texas AM supporters are still pressuring AM to join the SEC.

UMASS talking to the MAC

Utah st talking to the MWC.

The Big 12 (-2) doesn't seem to have any good options to replace Colorado and Nebraska.  Arkansas left the old SWC for greener pastures ($$$) so I doubt they'd want to go back.  What other elite schools are out there that are not already in the SEC, Big 10 or PAC 10 that would fit in the Big 12?

[quote name="coachacola" post="923420" timestamp="1291215664"]
The Big 12 (-2) doesn't seem to have any good options to replace Colorado and Nebraska.  Arkansas left the old SWC for greener pastures ($$$) so I doubt they'd want to go back.  What other elite schools are out there that are not already in the SEC, Big 10 or PAC 10 that would fit in the Big 12?
[/quote]  Agree.  It's hard to imagine an elite school wanting to join a conference that splits money so unevenly.  Austin runs the conference and threatens to leave anytime anyone complains. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder