Question about Barbers Hill...

xLmCoog88

[color=navy][b]I seem to remember back in our hey day Barbers Hill playing in the dome following our game and if my memory serves me right I seem to recall BH having steady success in the playoffs for a few years then like us they seemed to disappear from the playoffs. What are their previous playoff successes and what led to their demise?[/b][/color]

Guest Two-Dogs...
I was in the entrance to the Fieldhouse (Gym) the other night and noticed a LOT of trophies in the display casses in the front lobby. I began to walk around and read a few of them. There were football trophies, basketball trophies, baseball trophies, track and field trophies and other trophies as well. State championship trophies, district champion trophies and such. All of those trophies all over that lobby had one thing in common. That was that they were all won in the AAA category of schools. Looked to me like the hill was a powerhouse among the 3A schools but unfortunately grew into a bigger much more challenging bracket and as of yet have been unable to find similar success at this new level. That last part is pure conjecture but the logical evidence was overwhelming.

JMHO but looks like at one time among the 3A's [b]The Hill was for Real![/b] ;)

[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="918721" timestamp="1290714809"]
I was in the entrance to the Fieldhouse (Gym) the other night and noticed a LOT of trophies in the display casses in the front lobby. I began to walk around and read a few of them. There were football trophies, basketball trophies, baseball trophies, track and field trophies and other trophies as well. State championship trophies, district champion trophies and such. All of those trophies all over that lobby had one thing in common. That was that they were all won in the AAA category of schools. Looked to me like the hill was a powerhouse among the 3A schools but unfortunately grew into a bigger much more challenging bracket and as of yet have been unable to find similar success at this new level. That last part is pure conjecture but the logical evidence was overwhelming.

[/quote]
Exactly

[/quote]

[color=navy][b]I see...that could be the answer to my question...thanks! I also remember liking their uni's especially the colors.[/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="918731" timestamp="1290716533"]
[quote author=Two-Dogs... link=topic=76662.msg918721#msg918721 date=1290714809]

[/quote]

[color=navy][b]I see...that could be the answer to my question...thanks! I also remember liking their uni's especially the colors.[/b][/color]
[/quote]
You see em now :-X There was a thread about a week ago talkin about the unis and most wanted em changed

[/quote]
Those were probably from the 70's when the Hill won state in 2A(now 3A).  They did go 3 rounds back in '98 but didin't do much in the 80's or early 90's....

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="918735" timestamp="1290716669"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76662.msg918731#msg918731 date=1290716533]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You see em now :-X There was a thread about a week ago talkin about the unis and most wanted em changed
[/quote]

Those uniforms are going to give someone a seizure!

[quote name="Bill Dauterive" post="918915" timestamp="1290736198"]
[/quote]
Those were probably from the 70's when the Hill won state in 2A(now 3A).  They did go 3 rounds back in '98 but didin't do much in the 80's or early 90's....
[/quote]

the Hill never won a state championship in 2A. They won a co-championship and a state championship as a 1A school.
[/quote]
My mistake....

[quote name="mlejeune" post="918903" timestamp="1290734703"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=76662.msg918735#msg918735 date=1290716669]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76662.msg918731#msg918731 date=1290716533]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Those uniforms are going to give someone a seizure!
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Pictures of those uni's? Other thread perhaps?[/b][/color]

I remember a day when ATM machines functioned in ONLY english and people waved when you passed them on the highway.  Yea, BH has a lot of trophies, and YES that is far more, in every sport, than any other current school in region III.  The new expansion will inlude a buiding for all the new and future trophies, as well as a lead time capule for the ugly ars uniforms that started it all.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="919070" timestamp="1290750805"]
I remember a day when ATM machines functioned in ONLY english and people waved when you passed them on the highway.  Yea, BH has a lot of trophies, and YES that is far more, in every sport, than any other current school in region III.  The new expansion will inlude a buiding for all the new and future trophies, as well as a lead time capule for the ugly ars uniforms that started it all.

[/quote]
Dont forget a copy of the "54 REASONS DICTIONARY" in that time capsule ;D

Guest Two-Dogs...

[/quote]

Forgot to mention why I was there. PNG roundballers went to the hill and won.

[quote name="busyscott" post="919771" timestamp="1290832921"]
I was scouting BH this year and a woman that works for the district told me that the uniforms they wore this year were the same as uniforms that BH wore in 1957. It was intentional. I am old school, but I kinda liked 'em.
[/quote]

It was the 54-57 uniforms

BH's last really good team was the one that lost to Central in bidistrict (I believe 2006).  The talent pool after that season really ran dry and the level of competition in 4A eventually led to Price ending up in Hamshire Fannet.  Gage does have better talent to work with (lots in the freshmen and sophomore class).  Unfortunately for BH fans, they are still a step behind the Broncos (just looking at head to head games from 7th grade up).  BH will get better, but still won't have enough oomph to make a playoff run, unless they get seeded like the 24-4A teams did this year with bye weeks playing HISD schools.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="919895" timestamp="1290863782"]
BH's last really good team was the one that lost to Central in bidistrict (I believe 2006).  The talent pool after that season really ran dry and the level of competition in 4A eventually led to Price ending up in Hamshire Fannet.  Gage does have better talent to work with (lots in the freshmen and sophomore class).  Unfortunately for BH fans, they are still a step behind the Broncos (just looking at head to head games from 7th grade up).  BH will get better, but still won't have enough oomph to make a playoff run, unless they get seeded like the 24-4A teams did this year with bye weeks playing HISD schools.
[/quote]

Oh you had to make that 24-4a dig about the HISD playoff matchup. But that only gets you to round three. We have to win a very tough round one.  We can make it past round 3 in 24-4a quite often and also seem to do quite well vs 20-4a and 19-4a!! BH does not stand much of a chance if they have to play 20-4a every year first round. Good luck vs LM - yall should win, but you never know with LM!

[quote name="HillGuy" post="919794" timestamp="1290836009"]
[quote author=busyscott link=topic=76662.msg919771#msg919771 date=1290832921]
I was scouting BH this year and a woman that works for the district told me that the uniforms they wore this year were the same as uniforms that BH wore in 1957. It was intentional. I am old school, but I kinda liked 'em.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hmmmm.. 54? That number rings a bell

[quote name="Backflipper" post="921303" timestamp="1290961863"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=76662.msg919794#msg919794 date=1290836009]
[quote author=busyscott link=topic=76662.msg919771#msg919771 date=1290832921]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hmmmm.. 54? That number rings a bell
[/quote
We will work our way up to 57 in the next couple years ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder