Woodville @ Silsbee / Silsbee Wins!

Tiger05

[b]Woodville (1-0)  vs. Silsbee (2-0) [/b]

Tonight @ Tiger Gym

Woodville is coming off of a win last night against Buna and looking to get another one
Silsbee starts the season undefeated even without starting PG Gaines
So can Woodville tame the Tigers our will Silsbee devour the Eagles?
[b][/b]

Silsbee Wins!

All I can say is for anybody that plays Woodville don’t sleep on #5 or he will make you pay

He put up about 30 points last night in which 35% where in free throws

#5 for Woodville is there point producer so if you shut him down then you got a chance to beat them

Silsbee overall did ok I have seen better games for them

I still think they will improve when Gaines returns but the only problem is that Silsbee has to play Kountze & Ozen without him in the line-up

Last night I think there where about 4 players for Silsbee that had about 10 or more points & about 3 or 4 with 5 points So that’s good that Silsbee has multiple people that can score

I think Lane lead the Tigers in boards which I am glad to see him get back in basketball mode

Good Win Tigers!

Guest tigersvoice
Unofficially, here is my scoring summary from the Woodville game last night.

Silsbee:
Danti Wilson              6
Chris Elam                10
Jordan Holmes          9
Tommy Barrett          1
Ronald Barrett            3
Willie Busby                2
Prentice Lane            14
Xavier Harris              4
Darius Stallworth        11
Jarrad Barclay            6
      TOTAL                      66

Woodville:
Michael Lee                4
Darrin Sells                31  *
Dominique Lockhart    8
Tommy Arline            1
Marcus Harrison          3
Danon Sylestine          4
      TOTAL                      51

*Includes 13 for 16 free throw shooting.

I'll agree with ya about #5 for Woodville,he is a player.Overall this wasn't a very well played ballgame.Tons of atheletes for the Tigers was the difference.They dominated the boards on both ends.Not many adjustments made by the Tigers to slow the Wdvl PG down but they were by far the deeper team.Woodville could develope in to a pretty good club but they are gonna have to come up with some schemes to help #5,looked like #12 may be able to contribute some but I'm not sure who else they can look to.

Ok, I was at the game last night and I thought that both teams played with a lot of heart and effort. I believe that there were times when Woodville played well and there were times when Silsbee played well. Howeber, I do agree that the game was a little sloppy on both sides, but that is to be expected this early in the season. As for #5 for Woodville, I believe that he is a 4 year starter for Woodville and the kid has a lot of heart. I believe that the Woodville team has a chance to be good if they continue to work hard. On, what was deal with the Woodville Coach never standing up and coaching during the game? Good luck to both teams.  I really enjoyed watching you play last night.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="918316" timestamp="1290644266"]
[quote author=Swag link=topic=76551.msg918130#msg918130 date=1290625065]
Good luck to Silsbee, let's hope HJ and Silsbee can each have another good season and represent SETX in the regional tournament once again.
[/quote] ??? ???
[/quote]
I posted this before they merged the threads, the previous thread was just the pregame talks, and after it started they merged the threads.

[quote name="ballerforchrist" post="918370" timestamp="1290647789"]
Ok, I was at the game last night and I thought that both teams played with a lot of heart and effort. I believe that there were times when Woodville played well and there were times when Silsbee played well. Howeber, I do agree that the game was a little sloppy on both sides, but that is to be expected this early in the season. As for #5 for Woodville, I believe that he is a 4 year starter for Woodville and the kid has a lot of heart. I believe that the Woodville team has a chance to be good if they continue to work hard. On, what was deal with the Woodville Coach never standing up and coaching during the game? Good luck to both teams.  I really enjoyed watching you play last night.
[/quote]The Woodville coach was seatbelted by a technical foul called for his players attempting dunks in pre-game in the presence of officials.

ive been too many wville games over the past few years. The coach there was seatbelted by techs in pre-game. I cant think of many times where ive caught him sitting down in an intense game. #5, Darrin Sells, for woodville is probably one of the quickest players in the area. Averaging over 20 points a game already, 8 steals a game, 2 blocks, and 9 rebounds. Woodville is going to be solid this year. Whoevers on there schedule, dont overlook them. And with #5 Sells, dont blink. LOL    :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476