STADIUMS FOR PLAY-OFFS

NDN79

Does Reliant Stadium in Houston allow high schools to play there any more? I thought the 1st couple of years it was open they did, but I haven't seen it in recent years. Any one have any information on this?It is a great place to watch a game, and seems like a natural choice for double and triple headers like they used to do in the Astrodome.

Guest ECBucFan
Sure it would be a great stadium - but prohibitively expensive! Reliant, with its retractable roof and all would cost a ton. Too many other extremely nice stadiums around to push to get into Reliant, IMO.      

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="915961" timestamp="1290383120"]
Sure it would be a great stadium - but prohibitively expensive! Reliant, with its retractable roof and all would cost a ton. Too many other extremely nice stadiums around to push to get into Reliant, IMO.      
[/quote]

PNG/Nederland played LaMarque/Brenham there two years running in pre-district. Playoffs would bring in even more fans. I don't know how it is all paid for.

[quote name="NDN79" post="916102" timestamp="1290391383"]
Thanks for all of the input everyone--it makes for some great discussion. I didn't realize the playing surface at Reliant was natural grass.
[/quote]

haha oh yeahh  it felt amazing playing on it when we played against Lamarque. It felt like you were running faster than the wind and you could plant like it was nothing

It's the Natural Grass at Reliant, that's the reason why more games arent played there. I wish Roberson Stadium was used more, makes for a great atmosphere. In 2008 when the State title games where at Reliant, the field was HORRIBLE after the first game. I agree....the dome is sitting there rotting........could have some quadruple headers there this weekend.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder