Dayton vs. LaMarque "Ghost of Playoffs Past"...Who ya' got

rollinac

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*****ATTENTION****
  If you haven't gotten your tickets yet and want to get them before tomorrow, the First Liberty Bank in Dayton has them during business hours today. per 99.9 radio station.

Region III: Dave Campbell's Mag
Dayton (9-3), vs. La Marque (8-3), 2:00 Saturday at Houston's Tully Stadium
Notes: The news of La Marque RB TIm Wright's likely season-ending injury in round two comes as brutal news to a team that had to fight just to make the playoffs. Wright was the team's brightest offensive weapon by far, and with him sidelines, La Marque is going to have to piece together a revised offense on the fly. Dayton went through much the same thing when its star runner left in Week 10 with a broken leg. But it's two weeks into this process. La Marque is just getting started.
DCTF's pick: Dayton 28, La Marque 17

What happen to the LaMarque man? If DAYTON is in a cup cake district they took care of all of them no
one was even close and the games lost were dominated by dayton until the turnovers started enough about who you beat then this is now and you (LaMarque) has not seen a D like dayton. look what happens when #5 and 20 is more involved in the O they need more touchs I think we need to take some
shots long balls we have fast recievers.

I think the gameplan should be the same as all year. Just go with what works, stick to the bread and butter plays in the first few drives and if its not working then maybe open up the playbook a little. I think once we hit them in the mouth a few times and score a few TD's, they are going to start fighting with each other and lose their discipline. Once that happens Dayton willl pull away. I predict that it will happen in the 2nd quarter.

[quote name="#5 fever" post="919278" timestamp="1290805155"]
What happen to the LaMarque man? If DAYTON is in a cup cake district they took care of all of them no
one was even close and the games lost were dominated by dayton until the turnovers started enough about who you beat then this is now and you (LaMarque) has not seen a D like dayton. look what happens when #5 and 20 is more involved in the O they need more touchs I think we need to take some
shots long balls we have fast recievers.
[/quote]
Against KP is exactly how you get Fowler and X involved. Screen passes kill LM because they crowd the line. Give it to em in space and its off to the races. The long ball should be a last resort because turnovers cost you (we seen this early in the season) and can give the other team momentum. I would like to see more routes over the middle but it seems like we save some things for when we really need it.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="919346" timestamp="1290811307"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=76420.msg919343#msg919343 date=1290811180]
38-17 Dayton
[/quote]
Did you see LM play this year Brenfan?
[/quote]

No...  They barely beat a HISD school, and they lost their best player.  That being said, i'll take Dayton.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="919356" timestamp="1290812198"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=76420.msg919346#msg919346 date=1290811307]
38-17 Dayton
[/quote]
[/quote]

No...  They barely beat a HISD school, and they lost their best player.  That being said, i'll take Dayton.
[/quote]
They caught El Campo looking ahead then because the rice birds were solid this year

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="919359" timestamp="1290812390"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=76420.msg919356#msg919356 date=1290812198]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=76420.msg919346#msg919346 date=1290811307]
38-17 Dayton
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
They caught El Campo looking ahead then because the rice birds were solid this year
[/quote]

I think they almost blew the lead in that game, and i'm not sure but I think it was a 3 TD lead.

Can someone tell me? On the UIL Bracket, some of the teams have a * by them. Dayton has one but La Marque doesn't. On the PNG/Manvel  neither have a * beside them. As are alot of other match ups. Anyone?

Thanks

[size=18pt]GO BRONCOS ALWAYS BELIEVE[/size]  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="918937" timestamp="1290740043"]
[b]"i have heard alot about Lamarque and there offense. what about how there defense will match up against herrea, fowler, mcbride, baldwin, and company?"[/b]

[b]"The 1 player we cant win without."[/b]

I've said it before. My opinion ain't worth a whole lot, but here it goes. I don't believe we can count on the "big" play against the cougar defense.

[/quote]

Big plays tend to result from a blown coverage, a missed assignment, trickery, a broken tackle or a combination.  Dayton has hit big plays on every team this year.  They will hit one or two in this game as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder