STJFL junior champions VS. LONESTAR junior champions

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CardinalBlood.......ummmmm, my son played for the STJFL Sr super-bowl champs.  We weren't whooped.  I was more or less picking at RB, who was  one of the coaches of our team, and a friend of mine.  Now if you're talking about my Chester Yellow-Jackets, they were in their first year of six-man football, and it will take a while to get up to speed. 

[quote name="mwmuck" post="918849" timestamp="1290730551"]
The players in the two associations match up, weight and age wise, in the Sr divisions. The rules are the same. The Jr division is way out. Lonestar Jr division is 8-10 year olds and any 10 year old over 85 must move to SR. In STJFL the Jr division is only 9 and 10 and a 10 year old can carry the football up to 105 pounds and can play Jr division up to 135 pounds. We warned against the Jr game that went on last year but didn't stop it even though we should have. The differences in sizes and weight showed up from the very beginning of the game. 105 lb/10 year old running backs and 135 lb 10 year olds against a team where the biggest 10 year old is less than 85 lbs and has 8 year olds on the team is no match up at all.

It's target practice.

Last year WOS had a good time beating up on the Silsbee 8 and 9 year olds with their heavyweights. They proudly pounded on a couple of 8 year old running backs. If HJ Jr agrees to this game then they are crazy.

[/quote]

Maybe you don't know but Silsbee was told on several occassions to bring kids from their Sr. team and they did. So don't act like we only played 85lb kids. That's not right and if you didn't know it then you know it now.

Nobody is slighting you td, it just would not make sense to match two teams that have a 50lb weight differential. As far as bringing other kids to the team personally I think that kinda defeats the purpose of the game since it is not the same team. My son is on the Jr. team and topped the scales out at a whoopping 84.5 lbs and was one of the heaviest on the Jr team needless to say he is no matchup for a 135 pounder.

[quote name="MoFo" post="923418" timestamp="1291215570"]
Nobody is slighting you td, it just would not make sense to match two teams that have a 50lb weight differential. As far as bringing other kids to the team personally I think that kinda defeats the purpose of the game since it is not the same team. My son is on the Jr. team and topped the scales out at a whoopping 84.5 lbs and was one of the heaviest on the Jr team needless to say he is no matchup for a 135 pounder.
[/quote]

Oh I didn't feel slighted at all. Didn't have anything to do with STJFL or Lonestar this year. I was just stating a fact about last year since it was brought up that we were beating on 85lb kids. That just wasn't the case. The kids we played weighed much more than 85lbs. I agree it didn't make sense to play the game last year.

[quote name="Stangs92" post="911728" timestamp="1290036851"]
Proud father and graduate of WO-S. TWO sons at the middle school and both have yet to fail the taks. Lots of smart intelligent kids at WO-S. Come with another argument HJ.
[/quote]

I'm getting in on the tail end of this here but I have to agree with you Stangs92; my oldest is in high school and has been recognized each time he takes a TAKS test as being above the average student in his grade.  My youngest (my Lil Mustang) may have a learning disability but he still ranks high on his TAKS test as well.  WOS has very, very smart kids (and parents -- thank you very much!) in the district.  I too am a graduate of WOS as I'm sure you all know.  I personally graduated #46 out of over 250 students so I consider myself pretty dang smart if I may say so myself. 

Keep your trash talk about WOS is dumb because the only dumb one here is the poster who said otherwise.

WOS football and WOS baseball all the way!

[quote name="demons95" post="919007" timestamp="1290743556"]
Plain and simple the best 2 jr. teams in SETX played in the STJFL Super Bowl.  WOS won the game and either team would dominate HJ.  We tried to scrimmage but kept hearing about difference of age and weight.  On to baseball.  They say diamonds are a girls best frown but men love em too.
[/quote]

aww yes, bring on WOS baseball!  My Mustang is chomping at the bit to get on the plate and play play play!!!!  Even the workouts Jessie is putting them through gets him hyped up!  PLAY BALL!!

Sorry td. Silsbee was never told to bring the SR kids and didn't have a single Sr kid and with a little reading comprehension you can go back and read where I said that wo was beating up on 8 year old running backs....which is what they were. I never said that they were beating up on 85 lb kids. Our 10 year olds HAVE to move up at 86 pounds. STJFL 10 year olds can play Jr up to 135. Ray Charles could see that is a problem in matching up the two leagues.  Now I would believe that wo brought SR players. Perhaps that's the point where your story turned into a humorous display of how much you DON'T know.

As for the HJ players, coaches or fans being scared of wo, if on even footing, you are dreaming. I haven't noticed HJ being scared of anything. Insulting the coaches or fans as lacking guts shows a disconnect with reality. Perhaps the pee-wee group would consider coming over and playing the Jr group from HJ. We can ignore the mutual league Mercy Rules and let HJ run up 70 points on your pee-wee group like wo did last year. Whassamatta? Its the same idea, isn't it? I know the ages and weights don't match up but according to the logic of several on here, it shouldn't make any difference and its just a matter of being scared. 

[quote name="mwmuck" post="925030" timestamp="1291403218"]
Sorry td. Silsbee was never told to bring the SR kids and didn't have a single Sr kid and with a little reading comprehension you can go back and read where I said that wo was beating up on 8 year old running backs....which is what they were. I never said that they were beating up on 85 lb kids. Our 10 year olds HAVE to move up at 86 pounds. STJFL 10 year olds can play Jr up to 135. Ray Charles could see that is a problem in matching up the two leagues.  Now I would believe that wo brought SR players. Perhaps that's the point where your story turned into a humorous display of how much you DON'T know.

As for the HJ players, coaches or fans being scared of wo, if on even footing, you are dreaming. I haven't noticed HJ being scared of anything. Insulting the coaches or fans as lacking guts shows a disconnect with reality. Perhaps the pee-wee group would consider coming over and playing the Jr group from HJ. We can ignore the mutual league Mercy Rules and let HJ run up 70 points on your pee-wee group like wo did last year. Whassamatta? Its the same idea, isn't it? I know the ages and weights don't match up but according to the logic of several on here, it shouldn't make any difference and its just a matter of being scared.   
[/quote]

I'm not sure who you have me confused with because I never said anyone was scared. We didn't even play STJFL this year. As far as last year and Silsbee bringing bigger kids thats what we were told. It made it very believable because they seemed to be out of sorts. Too many men on the field and things of that nature.

I didn't want the game last year and have said it shouldn't be played this year.

Not sure why you are trying to attack me because I haven't said anything negative or positive about HJ or Silsbee. We ddin't ask for the game last year as I remember.

My reading comprehension is fine thanks for asking. I have 8 years of higher education that tells me it's just fine.

If you think we brought Sr. players last year you have lost your mind.

Again, I don't have a dog in any fight with STJFL or Lonestar, we played Pop Warner this year. So if it makes you feel like a big man to get on here and just use a bunch of words that mean nothing then feel free. It's not going to bother me.

Time for baseball season. So unless you have a baseball team that wants to scrimmage I'm done. Until WOS plays HJ of Silsbee(whoever you represent) net year in Middle school.

Well td you quoted me while speaking to me and based your statements off that quote and nothing you said was true. You didn't say you "were told" that Silsbee brought Sr's, you said they DID. You didn't say you "were told" that Silsbee was told to bring Sr's, you said they WERE told, several times. Both untrue. You stated it as the truth, it wasn't. I was there, I ran the clock, I'm the prez in Silsbee and can guarantee that there wasn't any player on the field for Silsbee that didn't certify at our stated weights for Jr's. I don't state things I don't know to be 100% true. For one thing our insurance would not cover a game where we mixed ages and weights other than what we stated when we got the insurance. Anyone that would do that is irresponsible and probably asking for lawsuits.

You finished up by telling me that if I didn't know it then thanks to you I know it now. Sorry if you felt attacked but you poured out a bunch of stuff at me that didn't even resemble the truth. You say that you have nothing to do with the two leagues anymore but felt that you should straighten me out about the game last year with things you didn't even know to be true. Seems that you had the bunch of words that didn't mean anything. I guess being corrected is considered an attack. On another subject, we know why the wo team left wo and went to PW. If I had to put money on it I would have figured wo would have gone to Florida. Talent on top of talent and well coached.

The stuff about HJ being scared was for the other yokels that were bumpin their gums about HJ not playing the Jr game and that BC will "take care" of HJ.

That didn't turn out to be true either.

Speaking of Florida, I have a buddy that coaches the Cedar Park peewee team Div 1. Thier in Florida right now. You ought to see that team play 10-12 years olds. Hopefully they bring the trophy back to Texas. He told me the division 2 in pop warner is not as tough as the Div 1 teams, and WO was in D2. Does anyone know if that true about the divisions?

[quote name="mwmuck" post="926437" timestamp="1291515055"]
Well td you quoted me while speaking to me and based your statements off that quote and nothing you said was true. You didn't say you "were told" that Silsbee brought Sr's, you said they DID. You didn't say you "were told" that Silsbee was told to bring Sr's, you said they WERE told, several times. Both untrue. You stated it as the truth, it wasn't. I was there, I ran the clock, I'm the prez in Silsbee and can guarantee that there wasn't any player on the field for Silsbee that didn't certify at our stated weights for Jr's. I don't state things I don't know to be 100% true. For one thing our insurance would not cover a game where we mixed ages and weights other than what we stated when we got the insurance. Anyone that would do that is irresponsible and probably asking for lawsuits.

You finished up by telling me that if I didn't know it then thanks to you I know it now. Sorry if you felt attacked but you poured out a bunch of stuff at me that didn't even resemble the truth. You say that you have nothing to do with the two leagues anymore but felt that you should straighten me out about the game last year with things you didn't even know to be true. Seems that you had the bunch of words that didn't mean anything. I guess being corrected is considered an attack. On another subject, we know why the wo team left wo and went to PW. If I had to put money on it I would have figured wo would have gone to Florida. Talent on top of talent and well coached.

The stuff about HJ being scared was for the other yokels that were bumpin their gums about HJ not playing the Jr game and that BC will "take care" of HJ.

That didn't turn out to be true either.
[/quote]

Whatever, I'm not getting into a he said she said with you. I was there too and one of the coaches so you stick with your story and I will stick with mine.

We would have loved to have gone to Florida and were close. We ran into a team that was a very good team and well coached. As far as our coaches go, I wouldn't have my boys play for anyone else. They know the game and are good teachers of it. I am not.

Congrats on your win v. BC.

You believe what you want and I will believe what I want as far as last year. We obviously were both there and have different stories to tell. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter. The game was asked for and it was played. End of story.

That is true. The team that beat us was probably a Division 1 team and we probably should have been too. It would have told us alot more about our team. Unfortunately we knew nothing about Div. 1 and 2 until after our first playoff game. I didn't find that Pop Warner was the most organized organization to play in. Never all the information that was needed when we needed it. Division 2 was not something we selected.

[quote name="mwmuck" post="926686" timestamp="1291562359"]
I couldn't imagine anyone beating wo. I certainly can't stretch my brain to believe they were in the weak league.
[/quote]

Well it happened. I wouldn't call it the weak division though. As I understand it, placement has to do on weather or not you have played Pop Warner before or not and what your record was last year. Thats all I was ever able to find out about the divisions.

[quote name="td" post="926856" timestamp="1291583022"]
That is true. The team that beat us was probably a Division 1 team and we probably should have been too. It would have told us alot more about our team. Unfortunately we knew nothing about Div. 1 and 2 until after our first playoff game. I didn't find that Pop Warner was the most organized organization to play in. Never all the information that was needed when we needed it. Division 2 was not something we selected.
[/quote]

Gotcha. I don't know much about the Pop Warner thing. My buddy's team Cedar Park Bengals got smoked Sunday like 38-6 by Oakland, California. Sounds like the teams at Disney are tough. I also noticed that College Station team that beat West Orange won thier first game at Disney.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="927538" timestamp="1291664904"]
[quote author=td link=topic=76264.msg926856#msg926856 date=1291583022]
[/quote]

Gotcha. I don't know much about the Pop Warner thing. My buddy's team Cedar Park Bengals got smoked Sunday like 38-6 by Oakland, California. Sounds like the teams at Disney are tough. I also noticed that College Station team that beat West Orange won thier first game at Disney.
[/quote]

I saw that too. I would like to see the College Station Raiders win it all. Not that it would mean much but better to be beaten by the National Champs I guess. lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder