Mac Brown

[quote name="HardHitter" post="910222" timestamp="1289872841"]
Maybe someone should tell Mac that D.Hall is still available, I just saw where Tre Newton wasn't any good.....64 rush att.  229 yrds  3.6ypc and this is on Texas a team that always get some of the best recruits in the country... ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]

Newton is quitting football because of an inability to recover from concussions. A problem since high school apparently. heard that info on ESPN radio this morning for what its worth...

Well, UT is my second favorite college team but if I'm a star RB I'm taking my skills somewhere else. Look at J. Charles and the way UT and OC Greg Davis used him. Made me sick to waste all that talent and he made the right decision to enter the NFL draft early.

Now, look what he has done for the Chiefs. He is only the second player in NFL history to have over 100 carries and average over 6.0 yards per carry.

Guess you didn't look at Lamar's rushing stats before posting Tre Newton's because LU has an amazing 2.2 yards per carry average that makes Newton's 3.6 look great.

BTW, rivals had Newton as a 3 star RB and 18th best in the nation in 2008.

Texas due to Greg Davis isn't getting the 5 star recruits at the RB position. Don't believe me, look at their roster if you have the time.

What is UT's record this season? That is right 4-6 because they are having problems at QB and can't run the ball.

[quote name="bigred360" post="910626" timestamp="1289927649"]
Well, UT is my second favorite college team but if I'm a star RB I'm taking my skills somewhere else. Look at J. Charles and the way UT and OC Greg Davis used him. Made me sick to waste all that talent and he made the right decision to enter the NFL draft early.

Now, look what he has done for the Chiefs. He is only the second player in NFL history to have over 100 carries and average over 6.0 yards per carry.

Guess you didn't look at Lamar's rushing stats before posting Tre Newton's because LU has an amazing 2.2 yards per carry average that makes Newton's 3.6 look great.

[i][u][b]Texas due to Greg Davis isn't getting the 5 star recruits at the RB position. [/b] [/u] [/i] Don't believe me, look at their roster if you have the time.

What is UT's record this season? That is right 4-6 because they are having problems at QB and can't run the ball.

[/quote]

Texas not getting 5 star recruits at RB?   I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!

Malcolm Brown      [u][size=14pt][/size][/u][b]5 stars      [/b] RB      Cibolo, TX  = Steele HS     6'0" 220   6.1     8/18/10

Might I add he is Rivials #1 RB and #8 overall in the Nation.

[quote name="Gtj007" post="910652" timestamp="1289929125"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=76180.msg910626#msg910626 date=1289927649]

[i][u][b]Texas due to Greg Davis isn't getting the 5 star recruits at the RB position. [/b] [/u] [/i] Don't believe me, look at their roster if you have the time.

[/quote]

Texas not getting 5 star recruits at RB?   I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!

Malcolm Brown      [u][size=14pt][/size][/u][b]5 stars      [/b] RB      Cibolo, TX  = Steele HS     6'0" 220   6.1     8/18/10

Might I add he is Rivials #1 RB and #8 overall in the Nation.
[/quote]
I meant before this year. I haven't kept up with VERBAL PLEDGES this year. As I stated, look at their roster. I didn't say, check out rivals. But, thanks for pointing it out.

As a Longhorn fan, maybe the future will be brighter with a star recruit like Malcolm Brown.

[quote name="Gtj007" post="910751" timestamp="1289934636"]
I know what you are saying in that several RB have stayed away from UT because the system Greg Davis runs, but it's not like the are not recruiting talent at RB.  Chris Whaley was a 4 star RB but has done NOTHING at UT at this point.
[/quote]

There are a lot of 4 and 5 star recruits that go to these schools and do nothing after 4 years. Most of them are smart, and after 2 years, they transfer down to the FCS level for a shot to play immediately.

Garrett Gilbert was a 5 star recruit and the 2nd rated QB in the country when he was recruited out of Lake Travis HS. I as a UT fan hope this is just a sophomore jinx and he'll improve as well as the team.

I hope he hasn't lost confidence in himself because once that happens at the QB position it is hard to get it back.

[quote name="bigred360" post="910913" timestamp="1289949056"]
Garrett Gilbert was a 5 star recruit and the 2nd rated QB in the country when he was recruited out of Lake Travis HS. I as a UT fan hope this is just a sophomore jinx and he'll improve and well as the team.

I hope he hasn't lost confidence in himself because once that happens at the QB position it is hard to get it back.

[/quote]

His big problem is he followed behind Colt McCoy who gets his jersey retired the very next season. I'm usually not a fan of jersey retirements until well after they're gone. Gilbert needs to define himself as Gilbert. He might be trying too hard to be like Colt, and that only works for Colt.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="910915" timestamp="1289949239"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=76180.msg910913#msg910913 date=1289949056]
Garrett Gilbert was a 5 star recruit and the 2nd rated QB in the country when he was recruited out of Lake Travis HS. I as a UT fan hope this is just a sophomore jinx and he'll improve and well as the team.

[/quote]

His big problem is he followed behind Colt McCoy who gets his jersey retired the very next season. I'm usually not a fan of jersey retirements until well after they're gone. Gilbert needs to define himself as Gilbert. He might be trying too hard to be like Colt, and that only works for Colt.
[/quote]

That is what a lot of people are saying. He is trying too hard to be like Colt. He just needs to be himself.

[quote name="bigred360" post="910923" timestamp="1289950711"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=76180.msg910915#msg910915 date=1289949239]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is what a lot of people are saying. He is trying too hard to be like Colt. He just needs to be himself.
[/quote]

I think that's true for just about any athlete, which is probably why Kitna struggled so much right after Romo went down. Even veterans want to go in and prove that they can be just as good as the guy before them.

Gilbert will get better, and will be yet another QB from UT drafted, hopefully he can do a better job of staying in the pros then some of the ones before VY

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder