PNG vs Willis At The Butch Saturday

injun

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NDNfan91" post="910842" timestamp="1289942051"]
Welcome southpaugh!  Good luck to the WildKats and have a safe trip! [b]MAN it's gonna be a Purple packed house at Da Butch![/b]
[/quote]

I can't wait.  Hurry up Saturday and get here already. 

By the way I will be the one in [b][color=purple]PURPLE[/color][/b].  ;D

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I think Nederland played the Willis Wildkats in a playoff game once. I think it was around 2000-2002. Willis had a stud running back then. I think Nederland won the game, I can't remember. I do, however, remember Willis having some speed... especially that running back! Willis fans, who was he and am I right on when that was?

PNG played Willis in 2003 playoffs in Conroe and won pretty easily. Unfortunately, Gohlke(rb) was hurt late in that game and we lost the following week to Waller at Robertson Stadium by 1 point. Welcome to the board south paugh and thanks for giving us some insight into your program. Ot is nice to have an intelligent, adult conversation on this board. I have heard Willis has some athletes, especially on offense. We don't have elite speed at any position, but our skill guys all have respectable wheels. Sounds like this one may be a shootout. I am hoping we can get a few stops and grind the clock with the running game some. I hear that Willis strikes quick, so maybe we can keep y'all in front of us and force y'all to sustain drives. I have seen way too many shootouts this season and I don't know if my ticker can take too many more!  ;D those games are fun to watch when its not your team, but nerve-racking when it is. Y'all have a safe trip to and from The Butch and I highly recommend the smoked turkey legs!

It is a good thread. I think that football season has ended for most of the haters that post their drivel on this board. Another welcome to South Paugh and thanks for the good posts. "Da Butch" is a very nice stadium with good food. If the turkey legs dont fill you up, try the smoked boudin. Looking forward to a good game Saturday. Gonna be nice with all that purple out there!

AW heck 4,000 is a small crowd for us, i can hardley wait to see it if we make it to the 3rd and 4th round. I see the defense getting key stops look at how many stops weve had inside the 10 this year esp recently, i just hope we use bertrand more and give the hugo kid a shot again, he tore central up on that last drive.

Gohlke is now training my son and hes still aggressive, love it!

[quote name="API steve" post="911016" timestamp="1289959185"]
Now this is what I call a productive conversation. I would like to say it is most welcomed......................
[/quote]

Are you an API inspector?

Here is a good site for information on Willis. http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pZplvgqgBE2VqW9TdV6tyQ/willis-wildkats/football/home.htm

[quote name="NewIndian" post="911242" timestamp="1289985912"]
Gohlke is now training my son and hes still aggressive, love it!
[/quote]
Different Gohlke.

Chris is the trainer. He played Safety on the 99 team that went to the title game. And played it aggressively!

His younger brother Derek was the RB on that team that beat Willis.

[quote name="RaiderGirl92" post="911984" timestamp="1290064582"]
Man I wish I could go to this game since I'm off but I know my mom wont let me drive to Beaumont alone since I just started driving alone not long ago.
[size=18pt][color=purple]
GOOOOOO PNG[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Make her bring you!

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="908527" timestamp="1289736076"]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=76075.msg908251#msg908251 date=1289707442]
[quote author=mamajag link=topic=76075.msg908218#msg908218 date=1289706639]
PNG fans are complainting about the Butch.......play at your stadium,the volume is too loud !
[/quote]
I would love to play at the Reservation...evidently that's not an option.You talk big, but we are pumping $$$$$$ to BISD. I bet Carrol Thomas doesn't want us to play at home and keep those $$$$$$$. I couldn't care less about the music before a game, just the game itself. It was BH accouncers, so BH was probably playing the music.
[/quote]
Soulja..you need to re-read my post. I NEVER said that PNG was the only people that bring fans. I was responding to an ignorant post about us staying home and playing. I think The Butch is a awesome place to play and have never said anything to the contrary. We do pay a rental fee and BISD benefits from concessions vs having the game at PNG where they would make NO MONEY off the game....that was my point. It is funny to see how people jump to conclusions and take the ball and run with what someone said, especially when you throw a jab at PNG in the process. There are a lot of PNG fans, including me, who will be there Friday to support the Jags, so I am not sure what's up with the attitude towards us. Stop being so defensive...GEEZ!
[/quote]

From the Enterprise:

No rental fee for “The Butch”November 11, 2010 at 1:09 pm by David Henry
The Carrol A. “Butch” Thomas Educational Support Center is not charging a rental fee for playoff games that are played there.

So far, the Support Center has landed three playoff games. Port Neches-Groves plays Barbers Hill at 7:30 p.m. Friday, West Brook plays Pasadena Dobie at 1 p.m. on Saturday and Livingston plays Dayton at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday.

The money from the gate will be used to pay workers and officials and any remaining money will be split between the two schools, said Beaumont ISD athletic director Rodney Saveat.

Saveat says not charging a rental fee is a fairly common practice.

Lamar University officials did not say what the rental fee to use Provost Umphrey Stadium was

[quote name="westend1" post="912080" timestamp="1290092784"]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=76075.msg908527#msg908527 date=1289736076]
PNG fans are complainting about the Butch.......play at your stadium,the volume is too loud !
[/quote]
I would love to play at the Reservation...evidently that's not an option.You talk big, but we are pumping $$$$$$ to BISD. I bet Carrol Thomas doesn't want us to play at home and keep those $$$$$$$. I couldn't care less about the music before a game, just the game itself. It was BH accouncers, so BH was probably playing the music.
[/quote]
Soulja..you need to re-read my post. I NEVER said that PNG was the only people that bring fans. I was responding to an ignorant post about us staying home and playing. I think The Butch is a awesome place to play and have never said anything to the contrary. We do pay a rental fee and BISD benefits from concessions vs having the game at PNG where they would make NO MONEY off the game....that was my point. It is funny to see how people jump to conclusions and take the ball and run with what someone said, especially when you throw a jab at PNG in the process. There are a lot of PNG fans, including me, who will be there Friday to support the Jags, so I am not sure what's up with the attitude towards us. Stop being so defensive...GEEZ!
[/quote]

From the Enterprise:

The Carrol A. “Butch” Thomas Educational Support Center is not charging a rental fee for playoff games that are played there.

So far, the Support Center has landed three playoff games. Port Neches-Groves plays Barbers Hill at 7:30 p.m. Friday, West Brook plays Pasadena Dobie at 1 p.m. on Saturday and Livingston plays Dayton at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday.

The money from the gate will be used to pay workers and officials and any remaining money will be split between the two schools, said Beaumont ISD athletic director Rodney Saveat.

Lamar University officials did not say what the rental fee to use Provost Umphrey Stadium was

[/quote]

Wow, I am shocked that they are not asking for a rental fee. 

[quote name="westend1" post="912080" timestamp="1290092784"]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=76075.msg908527#msg908527 date=1289736076]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

From the Enterprise:

[/quote]

Finally the truth is out!

[quote name="Jduncan1" post="912270" timestamp="1290105293"]
yeah but dont need to go out at halftime cause you got to buy an extra ticket...........paid 24 dollars for 4 tickets last week and this week
[/quote]

Dont drop your 5 month old sons socks either. Even if they are only 20 yards from the gate.

[quote name="CHSJAGS1999" post="912387" timestamp="1290116664"]
::)
[/quote]

Roll them all you want but it is pretty ignorant to not let a paying fan walk back to their car that can be seen by the ticket lady to get your infant kids socks that fell out of a carrier. Then demanding they pay 6 bucks if they want to do it.

I've been to most WB home games at Da Butch this year and a few times have had to go back to the car for "stuff".  I never had any trouble coming back.  I told them before I left the gate I was coming right back and a few minutes later came back with the same person at the gate.  I'm sure if it's another person they may demand proof you already paid but it all boils down to how you talk to people.

[quote name="Newbie" post="912429" timestamp="1290119337"]
I've been to most WB home games at Da Butch this year and a few times have had to go back to the car for "stuff".  I never had any trouble coming back.  I told them before I left the gate I was coming right back and a few minutes later came back with the same person at the gate.  I'm sure if it's another person they may demand proof you already paid but it all boils down to how you talk to people.
[/quote]
No...This was not an isolated case from this past weekend. Many people I talked to had issues at the gate. Still worth not having to take the trip to H-Town, plus it could change from week to week depending on who is there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder