Local TV station to air STJFL playoffs from last weekend

videoguy

A local tv station has stepped up for those fans and parents asking about local sports coverage on STJFL games.  KAOB  out of Vidor will be airing all of the games taped by Sheffield Productions at the WOS site this past Sat.  KOAB, for those not familiar with the station, is an independent station with it's tower in Vidor.  The station is not on Time Warner, but can be picked up over the air on 27.3 digitial.  The station owners tell me that their channel can be viewed using rabbit ears for viewers in the Vidor area and with the aid of an outside antenna for those in Bmt. South and Mid-County. 
  This week the station will also air the Vidor Homecoming Parade taped from last week.  Check the Vidor paper for viewing times on the parade. I hope to post viewing times on the games as soon as they are announced.  The station is also interested in airing the Super Bowl games the week after they are played.
  Hats off to the staff and management of KAOB for this gesture of airing these games.  see ya on the field and on tv, videoguy

[quote name="videoguy" post="901588" timestamp="1289231058"]
  A local tv station has stepped up for those fans and parents asking about local sports coverage on STJFL games.  KAOB  out of Vidor will be airing all of the games taped by Sheffield Productions at the WOS site this past Sat.   KOAB, for those not familiar with the station, is an independent station with it's tower in Vidor.  The station is not on Time Warner, but can be picked up over the air on 27.3 digitial.  The station owners tell me that their channel can be viewed using rabbit ears for viewers in the Vidor area and with the aid of an outside antenna for those in Bmt. South and Mid-County. 
  This week the station will also air the Vidor Homecoming Parade taped from last week.  Check the Vidor paper for viewing times on the parade. I hope to post viewing times on the games as soon as they are announced.  The station is also interested in airing the Super Bowl games the week after they are played.
  Hats off to the staff and management of KAOB for this gesture of airing these games.  see ya on the field and on tv, videoguy
[/quote]
people still have rabbit ears????

people still have rabbit ears????
[/quote]

Hey, I know its in good fun and LOL about the rabbit ears, but the point is a local station is going to put the 2nd round and Super Bowl weekend games on TV in their entirety.  Was it just last week readers were complaining about local stations not covering the games.  KOAB isn't doing some 60 -30 second interview with a coach or team. . . they are broadcasting the WHOLE game.  All the play off games.    Am I the only one excited abou this fine gesture?
  The Nielsen Ratings show that 48% of the Golden Triangle and surrounding area is on Time Warner Cable.  17% is on Dish, Direct TV or similiar and the remaining 37% of the homes in the area receive their tv signal over the air; meaning outside antenna or rabbit ears. 
    Life has been good over here and we are fortunate enough to afford cable.  This Sat I'm looking at investing in an antenna and watching games we taped of local teams air on local TV.  Thank you KAOB.    videoguy

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder