2. pierce rhodes (junior) kirbyville

3. randy musgrove (sophmore) kirbyville

4. broderick jackson (sophmore) kirbyville

5. marlon crawford (senior) kirbyville

6. lekarlis diggles (senior) kirbyville

7. jerome tyler (senior) kirbyville

8. desmond everett (sophmore) kirbyville

9. barry burley (sophmore) kirbyville

It always amazes me how people get put on pedestals simply by what is said about them. Not always proof of info. Brooks is a talented QB but does he get All District just for passing. You have to be a winner, at least a few games in a career. The other QB's in the district don't pass. That doesn't mean they can't. Take Splendora's QB. Early in the year the o-line couldn't protect him, they couldn't block good etc. Now, they avg over 300 yds a game on the ground. Why throw? No need to but if necessary, can the job get done? this QB can be just good enough to beat you. Just ask Coldsprings. Liberty runs a lot but they threw against Splendora for good yardage. I just feel that because a QB throws for a thousand yards,when all that offense does is pass and most of the time because they are always trying to catch up from being behind, should not be handed 1st team all district because he throws alot. Oh, does anybody have all of his stats, attempts to completions ratio, you know, all that good quality stuff.

Do a survey of the coaches in that district and I think you would be mistaken. I saw that kid play a few times and he took a beating. Give him the running game and protection of some other teams and he would make them even better.

DOC you need to stay off the cough syrup. Have you seen Brooks play..I watched him play twice and he is a snap and throw passer, because he has no choice but to get rid of the ball or be sacked..He could make the good teams of the district better with his abilities to throw the ball..

Guys, Guys. No doubt Mr. Brooks could help any team in that district throwing the ball, IF THEY WANTED TO THROW. And no I don't think all the coaches would take him as their QB either simply because the top 3 teams in that district do it the old fashioned way, they RUN the ball and control the game! It's all about philosophy and its pretty obvious that running the ball successfully is at the top of the priority list for Splendora, Coldspring, and Liberty. Every team has different schemes and good coaches match their QB with the schemes. I think Brooks fits quite nicely in Tarkington's scheme. If the coaches over there feel they cant run the football, they have to do something else like throw it 30-40 times a game. If you throw it enough, you will be successful eventually. I bet if you combined the attempts for Splendora, Coldspring, and Liberty, they would not equal Tarkington's attempts. Does that make Tarkington wrong, no! Its just a matter of philosophy. My philosophy is run the ball til they stop ya and if they do stop ya, run it the other way!

Luke has spoken!

nice opinion. your FOR REAL an idiot. Nobody gamed planned riddick or anybody else in our district's qb's like brooks. Yeah he's around 500 as a starting QB but winning is a team thing' date=' not an individual. do your self a favor an stop talking.[/quote']

OK Go go boy. It is obvious you are hurting for some attention in the prairie. It has been so long since you have tasted victory your begging for the best thing in Tarkington < Mr Brooks > to get acolades so you can feel tingly all over. I never said anything negative about his abilities, only stated the obvious. As for as game planning goes, Every team GAME PLANS for what a teams strength is or what they do. Thus Mr. Brooks is the Tarkington game plan. Yes, winning is a team thing for the most part but I would say Texas was Vince Young dominate. Just a question but would Texas have won without him? I bet nobody says yes. My question was also, does he deserve the 1st team all district QB pick just because he takes a beating and everyone feels sorry for him. Most biq awards don't go to losing programs. ( ex. Heisman, MVP's, ) Unfortunately, most winners play on winning teams. it is the system, has been for years and don't know if it will ever change. In DISTRICT, HE IS NOT 500 !!!! I was talking about district picks. Soooo, I won't stop talking and make sure you understand every thing you read before you comment. Sorry you are so lonely on the Prairie, but you can still enjoy yo BANANA!!

Faker(aka. 4real). your a bigger idiot now than ever. your comparing Anthony Brooks to Vince Young. :shock: Are you serious. And yes Texas has won games without Young. They are still a top ten team. The kid has thrown more TD's than all the other district QB's combined. The point is no other QB in this district is a threat (except Collier). Your a bench warmer 4Fake :cry: , So quit being a hater.........Enjoy the pine. :D

Faker(aka. 4real). your a bigger idiot now than ever. your comparing Anthony Brooks to Vince Young. :shock: Are you serious. And yes Texas has won games without Young. They are still a top ten team. The kid has thrown more TD's than all the other district QB's combined. The point is no other QB in this district is a threat (except Collier). Your a bench warmer 4Fake :cry: ' date=' So quit being a hater.........Enjoy the pine. :D[/quote']

Well gogo, you always get so upset over conversations and opinions and resort to name calling. Brooks was not compared to Young, though you wish he was that good. I used Young to illustrate a point, thus furthuring my point of you don't understand what you read. Texas would not have WON without Young last year. They have won some games but they are not a top ten now. My point, AGAIN, was district picks. Brooks is not a winner in district. You are the one with so much anger inside cuz you can see it in everything you write. How does it feel to ba a loser for life!!!

4real. The bottom line is that any QB could do what riddick did. He is a good player, but the best QB in the district.. Come on.. I dont really care to argue about this district anymore. 6-5 district champions...WOW what a banner year. Congratulations on your 1st playoff run in 5 years. Start writting letters home to brag. I am happy for the kids in splendora, but be honest it was a lackluster year in 22-3A...

"ROLL OUT THE ROUND BALLS"

Go-Rilla, you need to shut your mouth, don't hate on someone because you were jealous, I would gladly take a 6-5 year over what you had, 2-7 great year!!!!, if you really think "your boy" should be 1st team, then coach him up better not to throw 3 picks in 1 half of football, hell when you throw it 35 times a game the stats are gonna be there, but obviously coaches around 22AAA don't like the arrogance of you or your QB, so maybe you should just keep quiet on here and quit the poor me attitude and get on with your life

I gave yall credit. But admit it this district is down. tell me the 96 splendora team would not have rolled through this year. Anyways good luck to coach Vela. Since it's BB season all over 22-3A now. He has a good chance of making it to the playoffs 3 years in a row. IMPRESSIVE!!

I hear yall are good at powerlifting too. Holla if you need a spot..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder