*CENTER VS. KIRBYVILLE....Kirbyville Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

It's Week 10 and the final week of district play as the Center Roughriders ride into Kirbyville to battle the Wildcats.  The Roughriders, 5-4 on the season and a perfect 3-0 in district, come off of last week's 42-0 win over Huntington.  While, Kirbyville, the last unbeaten and untied team in Southeast Texas with a 9-0 season record and 3-0 in district, come off of a 73-15 pasting of Diboll.  THE DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP IS ON THE LINE!!!

Join Jereme Hubbard and Adam Davis as they bring you all of the action from Wildcat Stadium in Kirbyville starting with the 7:15 pregame working toward the 7:30 kickoff.  You can listen on 102.7 FM or stay right here and click on the following link right here on your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas:

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=113:kvillebcast&catid=73:games

Guest wildcat58
Incredible!  ford breaks bubba beans record on a 74 yd td run on 1st touch of 2nd half. I barely got settled, and had just thought wouldnt it be great if ford scored here, I watched bean play from 69-71, he was my childhood hero and now by the grace of god i have got to "hear" another truly fine young man, and great athlete, and truly unselfish young man break his record. kirbyville is blessed to have had both these fine athletes. My only regret is i have not got to see ford play this year while working in illinois, but thanks again to jereme and adam for painting the picture for me, great call on the run jereme. Congratulations lefredrick on a fine career and good luck to you in your future,football and what ever else you want to accomplish

Congrats to the Cats and their win. There is only one flaw I see in Kville's game. They get a big lead then their play gets very sloppy and flat. Bad habits that a better team will make you pay for big time. Kirbyville made some of the same mistakes that cost Center the game last night and you simply will not get away with it in the playoffs. If they would play to their full potential all four quarters they could beat anyone. I am one of the biggest fans around and I am proud of what they have done. All of the preseason doom and gloom about us moving back to 3A has been prooven wrong. Now the Cats will face teams that will take advantage if you slip. I just want to see them get what they have worked so hard for the past few years. You can do it Cats, keep prooving the haters wrong! Go get that state title.

[quote name="kville68" post="899157" timestamp="1289056224"]
Congrats to the Cats and their win. There is only one flaw I see in Kville's game. They get a big lead then their play gets very sloppy and flat. Bad habits that a better team will make you pay for big time. Kirbyville made some of the same mistakes that cost Center the game last night and you simply will not get away with it in the playoffs. If they would play to their full potential all four quarters they could beat anyone. I am one of the biggest fans around and I am proud of what they have done. All of the preseason doom and gloom about us moving back to 3A has been prooven wrong. Now the Cats will face teams that will take advantage if you slip. I just want to see them get what they have worked so hard for the past few years. You can do it Cats, keep prooving the haters wrong! Go get that state title.

[/quote]

I agree with what you say,Kirbyville has always did that, I'm not downing Kirbyville one iota,Iv'e been a fan for years & years,And older Kirbyville fans know what I'm talking about....They get up by 3 td's and they lay off the game plan...sloppy tackling, star gazing and just that hey wer'e Kirbyville we are supposed to win attitude...They give up big plays,when it shouldn't happen,just a general sloppiness...They need that killer instinct that they just don't have right now...And they really need it ...Or it will bite them in the butt later on..I would love to see Kirbyville go all out for four quarters,I don't think there's a team around who could stop them... Good Job Kat's..We still got something to prove and there's no doubt you can do it...THIS IS THE YEAR....GO KAT"S...!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges