How deep can lcm go in playoffs

[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=75453.msg895418#msg895418 date=1288787055]
If LC-M plays Dayton they will be one an out.
If they play Barbers Hill, it will be close.  The winner of the Barbers Hill bi-district game should win the 2nd round.

Hey Purple what makes you think the winner of a BH vs LCM game (if there is a matchup) would win the next round. What district would the winner face, just wondering cause i have no clue.

[quote name="BHtheHill" post="895455" timestamp="1288790225"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=75453.msg895418#msg895418 date=1288787055]
If LC-M plays Dayton they will be one an out.
If they play Barbers Hill, it will be close.  The winner of the Barbers Hill bi-district game should win the 2nd round.

Hey Purple what makes you think the winner of a BH vs LCM game (if there is a matchup) would win the next round. What district would the winner face, just wondering cause i have no clue.

[/quote]
I just rember that the 2nd round drawing from that game is likely an HISD school.

Well if they get in then I certainly see them giving BH a pretty good shot.  The way I understand it, LCM can either be D2 #1 seed and can't be #2 seed but who the heck knows with all the playoff scenarios out there.  I would have to give the edge to the Hill by less than a touchdown.  The good thing is whoever wins that game gets a bye...I mean an HISD team in round 2.

Personally I don't see any team from this district going too deep in the playoffs this year. JMO. Maybe 2 or 3 rounds for a couple of teams and then again maybe 1 and out! Defense wins games... Nuff said. And yes, that goes for my Indians also. Unless they find more D between now and then it's gonna be a tuff road!

[quote name="badndn" post="895578" timestamp="1288803704"]
[b]Round 2 is against winner out of 17-4A and 18-4A...Brehnam![/b]
Those Houston teams are in 21 & 22 4A...They play 23 (El Campo) & 24 (Lamarque, Tx City) in round 2.
[/quote]

that is who the #2 seed from 20 will get if they win round one.. who will the #1 seed get after BH?

[quote name="skipper" post="895498" timestamp="1288796149"]
i do hope LC-m can go deep this year ,becouse  thay have a TON of SR on there team and it might be a long time before thay can do this agan.i am not sure what thay have coming back next year are what there JV  has done so far
[/quote] lcm jv isnt that good but watch out for vidor jv for the past to years the jv did good last year the jv went 8-2 this year so far is 7-2 this year the kids play with heart

In regards to the LCM program, no doubt this is a large and very talented senior class, and they will be missed. These seniors have a lot to be proud of. but....
The program is not going to have a big drop off. The JV and freshman are both 6-3 and have lost some close games, but the biggest factor is that they are buying in to the program and will get better.
Starters returning next year:
Offense
  Everyone returns on the oline except the Left Tackle .
  Have 3or 4 recievers back, losing a great one.
  2 of the 3 RB's that rotate are back including the fastest one.
  And of Course the QB is gone.

Defense  is returning 1 Tackle, 1 End, All Linebackers and 2 Secondary, a little harder hit than the offense in numbers.

So don't expect a return to the pre-Crouch days when LCM was a patsy.  They will be even more hardnosed, and disciplined after another year in the program. How that affects the W/L record is conjecture, how it affects the play of the Bears will be a result of the off-season and dedication to the program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder