*SILSBEE vs. WOS Broadcast thread*/ WOS wins, 36-8

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kicker" post="891051" timestamp="1288407848"]
Trust me, wos is on a mission now. By the way,[b] silsbee players playing dirty now[/b]. No need for that.
[/quote]

Didn't see any dirty playing on Silsbee's part. There not the ones with a player that got tossed out of the game. The wos player hit the Silsbee player under the face mask with his fist. And the stupid part was it was right in front of a Ref. That will get cha every time.

[quote name="kicker" post="891051" timestamp="1288407848"]
Trust me, wos is on a mission now. By the way, silsbee players playing dirty now. No need for that.
[/quote]
Got to this one at halftime.  WOS was definitely the better team.  Heard from fans there that we didn't turn the ball over tonight like we had been doing. I know there  was a INT.  As far as Silsbee playing dirty, that is BS. I did see  retaliation from Tiger players after some questionable play from WOS players. WOS had one player tossed for such dirty play.  You could see WOS was the more physical team.  Several times you saw this continued even after the whistle.  No not all of them were penalty worthy but some were questionable.  Earlier this year,  I defended WOS from acvcusations of running up the score,  but WOS definitely lost my repect in that aspect tonight.  With less than 5 minutes to go and a 28 point lead,  going for it on 4th down on your own side of the field is attempting to run up the score.  That was completely unneeded.  Couldn't be happier when the Tigers stuffed that attempt.  WOS has a good team, not sure how far they will go.  Keep your heads up Tigers and finish the regular season with a good game next friday.

Congrats to WO-S. Roberts is a beast and we had no answer for him. What makes me sick is the defense we've been trotting out onto the field since this regime has come to town. Our 3rd and long defense is comical and opposing teams should intentionally get in those situations so they can embarrass our defensive coaches. How many times this year or the last few years have we had a team pinned back in 3rd and long only to allow them to pick up the first down or more? When in the last several years have we made a stop when we've absoulutely had to have one? We need a coaching change on D. I know the offense wasn't clicking but the defense too often puts them in a situation where the opposing defense knows they've got to pass and they can just tee up on ya like wos was doing tonight. Please when you're playing a team like WOS leave a rb in the backfield to give the qb one exta blocker or at least it gives him the option of a quick check down receiver.Our offense is big play or bust and when we play a well disciplined defensive team that we can't simply out-athlete it is consistently shut down thus putting a bad defense back out on the field. Would rather us be a run first team especially with the talent coming up.  One other thing, perhaps its time to let the varsity start tackling in practice. At least we didn't have any fumbles, that was welcome.

SHSTiger I 100% agree with you! There needs to be some changes! 3rd and 20 and you can't get a stop. Heard it happen about 15 times last year and 30 times this year. Team has to play better if they want to advance outside the 1st and 2nd round of the playoffs. Too much talent at this school for such weak effort at times. Oh well...this has been Silsbee football for the last 40yrs

Guest GoStangs
[quote]With less than 5 minutes to go and a 28 point lead,  going for it on 4th down on your own side of the field is attempting to run up the score. [/quote]

I don't see your point at all.  Going for it on 4th down on the other team's side of the field [i]may[/i] be attempting to run up the score.  Going for it on 4th down on your own side of the field with a few minutes left is attempting to kill the clock.  WOS didn't line up and throw it downfield on four consecutive downs to score, so you really can't blame WOS for attempting to run the score up last night.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="891092" timestamp="1288408533"]
Silsbee will make the playoffs. HF isn't too goo this year. Lucky for Silsbee. They stunk it up tonight. [b]I expect WOS to win state to be honest! Let's go Stangs[/b][/quote]

WOW!!!  ::) ::) ::)            Win state you say  :D :D :D :D :D

21-3A is weak this year in football I dont see any team making past area

Come on guys, it was a big game for both teams and emotions were running high. There was a little extra curricular activity going on from both sides. Both teams wanted this game bad.

As for the accusation of trying to run up the score. That is just flat out ridiculous. You don't run the score up by going for it on 4th and 1 on your own 45. Trying to run out the clock isn't running the score up. As said before, we didn't throw it deep. We were running a very basic offense. I guarantee, had we got it down around the goal line we would have killed the clock. Some of you just look for s%&t to whine about... Geez!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder