Baytown Sun: Crosby Looks To Rebound vs Dayton

By Robert Chambliss | 0 comments

CROSBY — After failing to beat the Goose Creek Memorial Patriots last week, the Crosby Cougars look for a rebound win this week.

Their win, though, will be a tough one to snatch, as they will travel to play the Dayton Broncos at 7 p.m. Friday.

Cougars coach Kevin Flanigan feels the loss against the Patriots (2-6, 2-3 19-4A)  was tough, but he thinks the Broncos game will be tougher.

“The loss against Goose Creek hurt a little,” Flanigan said. “But as a team, we have moved on from that, and we are using that as a learning opportunity.

“This week, we have Dayton, and our kids know that this game is always tough. I don’t have to tell the kids how important this game is, they know what the implications are.”

The Cougars (4-4, 4-1)  won last year’s matchup, 28-0, ending a Dayton nine-year winning streak.

Flanigan looks to move the streak to two after this week’s game.

“Well, we beat them last year,” Flanigan said, “and we are looking to do the same this year.

“Looking at the film, we see that they are a team very similar to us. They are a balanced offense, and they also play pretty good defense.

“We haven’t changed anything in our preparation. We have kept the same routine this week.”

Quarterback Dominic Merka had a stellar game in the 41-34 overtime loss to the Patriots, running and passing for four touchdowns in the game.

“The bigger the game, the bigger the performance,” Flanigan said of his quarterback, a TCU commit. “I expect him and our whole team to step up for this game.

“You go into every game with the mind-set that you are going to win. This is no different. I think that we are going to perform, and I think we will come out with the win.

“This is going to be a hard-fought, nail-biter game that will be played at a high level.

“I expect the best out of their team, and I suppose they expect the same thing from us.”

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="890406" timestamp="1288384612"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=75143.msg889506#msg889506 date=1288274865]
The only thing similiar in the # of players on the field.  Crosby has yet to show anything even close to a good defense.
[/quote]

When you stop sucking on the nipple of that Bronco come back Bh-92
[/quote] Although smoking baby vears to the left from time to time he is still smart enough to pick Dayton over Crosby !

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="889487" timestamp="1288273512"]

“Well, we beat them last year,” Flanigan said, “and we are looking to do the same this year.

[/quote]

Keep "looking"

[quote author=bigdaddyblue link=topic=75143.msg889487#msg889487 date=1288273512]

“Looking at the film, we see that they are a team very similar to us. They are a balanced offense, and they also play pretty good defense.

[/quote]

similar?  right, like Arnold and DeVito in the 80's classic "Twins"

pretty good defense?  quite an understatement right?  that's like saying "Jared Fogle was kind of fat"

good evaluation of the game, coach

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="890406" timestamp="1288384612"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=75143.msg889506#msg889506 date=1288274865]
The only thing similiar in the # of players on the field.  Crosby has yet to show anything even close to a good defense.
[/quote]

When you stop sucking on the nipple of that Bronco come back Bh-92
[/quote]Hey Cougtalk  42-3 "nuff said"

You Crosby posters can say what you want about Flanigan, but he is a good coach. Since he has been in Crosby this is the best they have been in years. I guess some have forgot last year when that was the farthest they have been in the PLAYOFFS in 40 YEARS. One more thing is the TEAM doesn't need to here what you think about the COACHES because they're all in this together. Some of you ARMCHAIR COACHES want to give it a shot then try it, if not then SHUTUP & enjoy the kids giving 100%. This is from a DAD who has a Son on the TEAM

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder