A Look At The 20 4A Playoff Race

[quote name="Big Ford" post="886841" timestamp="1288006174"]
According to enrollment numbers, remaining schedule, current standings and of course my pickem's (had to throw that in there since I'm leading, lol)...

19-4A D1 #1 seed Crosby vs 20-4A D1 #2 seed Nederland/PN-G (I feel Nederland wins there next 2 and gets in but if they don't and PN-G wins one or both games, they will play here)
19-4A D1 #2 seed Galena Park vs 20-4A D1 #1 seed Beaumont Central (this game is all but set in stone)

19-4A D2 #1 seed Dayton vs 20-4A D2 #2 seed Livingston/LC-M/PN-G (good to be in the playoffs, but this is the worst case scenerio)
19-4A D2 #2 seed Barbers Hill vs 20-4A D2 #1 seed Livingston/LC-M/PN-G (more than likely, this is reserved for the winner of this Fridays game between Livingston/LC-M)

This is just a guess going off of stats and factual information, the games must still be played so good luck to all that are in the running.
[/quote]

thanks... I kinda hope it's PNG. The atmosphere at that game would be outstanding!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dayton" post="886920" timestamp="1288016534"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=74957.msg886841#msg886841 date=1288006174]
According to enrollment numbers, remaining schedule, current standings and of course my pickem's (had to throw that in there since I'm leading, lol)...

19-4A D1 #1 seed Crosby vs 20-4A D1 #2 seed Nederland/PN-G (I feel Nederland wins there next 2 and gets in but if they don't and PN-G wins one or both games, they will play here)
19-4A D1 #2 seed Galena Park vs 20-4A D1 #1 seed Beaumont Central (this game is all but set in stone)

19-4A D2 #1 seed Dayton vs 20-4A D2 #2 seed Livingston/LC-M/PN-G (good to be in the playoffs, but this is the worst case scenerio)
19-4A D2 #2 seed Barbers Hill vs 20-4A D2 #1 seed Livingston/LC-M/PN-G (more than likely, this is reserved for the winner of this Fridays game between Livingston/LC-M)

This is just a guess going off of stats and factual information, the games must still be played so good luck to all that are in the running.
[/quote]

thanks... I kinda hope it's PNG. The atmosphere at that game would be outstanding!!!
[/quote]
Im with ya. PURPLE on PURPLE

i just want to make it to the playoffs, dont care who we face the first round and if we do well then im sure it will be Brenham in the second round and they will be by far the best defense we face all year.For the first round though i would love to see png  vs dayton just the colors alone sets this one off but where will the game be ? Baytown Beaumont at the butch? Who knows? lol

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="887889" timestamp="1288096455"]
Here we go again. 19-4a bumping thier gums again. It's usually from the BH fans. Dayton is the only one that usually wins in the playoffs. It won't be any different this year.
[/quote]
Yeah BH is always running their heads about 19-4A and have only big brother Dayton to back them up. Funny how Dayton does their talking on the field.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="887889" timestamp="1288096455"]
Here we go again. 19-4a bumping thier gums again. It's usually from the BH fans. Dayton is the only one that usually wins in the playoffs. It won't be any different this year.
[/quote]

bump bump bump.....  Not long now.  Dayton and BH will win this year.  Crsoby might, depending on who they draw.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="888132" timestamp="1288115412"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=74957.msg887889#msg887889 date=1288096455]
[/quote]

bump bump bump.....  Not long now.  Dayton and BH will win this year.  Crsoby might, depending on who they draw.
[/quote]
Im looking for a sweep smoking baby.

I think 19 4a has a good chance of a sweep this year.  Obvioulsy no one in that district can even come close to hanging with Dayton so thats a gimme.  The rest will depend on the match ups.  Im hoping PNG or Nederland make it because I know that they cant hang with any of the 194a top 4.  The only hope they have is if Central draws a lower team.  That is a mayble also, I honestly do not think that Central could beat any of the top 4 but that is definetly their best shot.

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="888370" timestamp="1288137583"]
I think 19 4a has a good chance of a sweep this year.  Obvioulsy no one in that district can even come close to hanging with Dayton so thats a gimme.  The rest will depend on the match ups.  Im hoping PNG or Nederland make it because I know that they cant hang with any of the 194a top 4.  The only hope they have is if Central draws a lower team.  That is a mayble also, I honestly do not think that Central could beat any of the top 4 but that is definetly their best shot.
[/quote]

[b]And then this guy woke up from dreaming[/b],, ;) :D :D ::)

[quote name="D3zii" post="888424" timestamp="1288141856"]
[quote author=Itch?Scratchit! link=topic=74957.msg888370#msg888370 date=1288137583]
I think 19 4a has a good chance of a sweep this year.  Obvioulsy no one in that district can even come close to hanging with Dayton so thats a gimme.  The rest will depend on the match ups.  Im hoping PNG or Nederland make it because I know that they cant hang with any of the 194a top 4.  The only hope they have is if Central draws a lower team.  That is a mayble also, I honestly do not think that Central could beat any of the top 4 but that is definetly their best shot. [/quote]

[/quote]Meth does bad bad things to a brain!!!!! ???

[quote name="Roughrider" post="888442" timestamp="1288143063"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=74957.msg888424#msg888424 date=1288141856]
[quote author=Itch?Scratchit! link=topic=74957.msg888370#msg888370 date=1288137583]
I think 19 4a has a good chance of a sweep this year.  Obvioulsy no one in that district can even come close to hanging with Dayton so thats a gimme.  The rest will depend on the match ups.  Im hoping PNG or Nederland make it because I know that they cant hang with any of the 194a top 4.  The only hope they have is if Central draws a lower team.  That is a mayble also, I honestly do not think that Central could beat any of the top 4 but that is definetly their best shot. [/quote]

[/quote]Meth does bad bad things to a brain!!!!! ???

[/quote] :-X

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="888370" timestamp="1288137583"]
[/quote]

Ummmmmmmm...We've already pounced on Crosby this year and we've only won 4 games. Dayton will be tough, other then that I'm not worried. Whoever makes the playoffs from 20-4A will give 19-4A a good game. I can't see ya'll sweeping all four games any year.

Crosby had a very down game agains the purple pansies.  Do not count on that happening again.  Crosby wins that game 9 out of 10 times.  BH is much improved on defense and will win easy against any of your teams.  Dayton owns you.  That three guaranteed wins.  The only question will be the fourth spot but the brooms are ready.

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="888594" timestamp="1288153193"]
Crosby had a very down game agains the purple pansies.  Do not count on that happening again.  Crosby wins that game 9 out of 10 times.  BH is much improved on defense and will win easy against any of your teams.  Dayton owns you.  That three guaranteed wins.  The only question will be the fourth spot but the brooms are ready.
[/quote]

Man there is a whole lot of stupid on this board.

[quote name="akifan94" post="888618" timestamp="1288156152"]
[quote author=Itch?Scratchit! link=topic=74957.msg888594#msg888594 date=1288153193]
[/quote]

Man there is a whole lot of stupid on this board.
[/quote]
Reeeaaallly? PNG gave Crosby a 38-7 beatdown. How do you figure Crosby would win 9 out of 10? It's not like PNG scored late on a lucky play to win the game. That game was never in question. Dayton will advance, but I predict 20-4A will go 3-1 in the first round. The only brooms y'all will be breaking out are the ones to sweep of the basketball court, because football will be over for three of your teams.

20-4A has pretty much dominated 19-4A in the bidistrict round for the past decade (starting with the induction of Central & Ozen)! Dayton has been the one mainstay that has posed a problem.  When Dayton was in 20-4A it was even more ugly for 19-4A.  You guys should thank Dayton constantly for keeping the district relevant!!!!!!!!  :-\ Eventhough 20-4A is weak this year, the dominance will continue!!!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="888692" timestamp="1288186693"]
Not worried about the Ant Mound.  Now Dayton?  That will be an all out war...
[/quote]

Both of those schools are going D2.  Central will probably get Galena Park. (if not, it'll be Crosby)

The weather is changing...  The trash talk is picking up... Yes, the playoffs are near!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder