Lumberton Football

Puma42

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't "wondering off looking for something else to look at". It was a freaking distraction. My sister is the drum major for Nederland and she said she missed a whistle because of the distraction. Have some class and wait till the band is done with their routine.

maybe they should have waited until lumberton was done with pregame warmups, it was a football game right.. as for warming up at halftime lumberton was in the endzone and backed up even more when nederlands band came there way. please yall won be happy.

[quote name="head13" post="884857" timestamp="1287810766"]
maybe they should have waited until lumberton was done with pregame warmups, it was a football game right.. as for warming up at halftime lumberton was in the endzone and backed up even more when nederlands band came there way. please yall won be happy.
[/quote]

veryyyyy true.

Not from what I saw. Lumberton's football team went [b]10 yards out of the end zone and back 3 times[/b]. I wasn't there for the pre-game stuff so I can't say anything about that, but I know what I saw at halftime. Now it is a football game, but a football game doesn't just consist of the football team. It consists of the football team, cheerleaders, twirlers, the band, and the student body of both schools. And both schools should have respect for each other. But I guess I shouldn't expect that from Lumberton from now on.

[quote name="Puma42" post="884807" timestamp="1287808832"]
How classless was that move? Having the football players warm up on the field while the Nederland band was still marching. Disrespectful and disappointing in my opinion. I lost a lot of respect for Lumberton tonight.
[/quote]

Yes I saw it and you're right

Guest Brubaker
[quote name="megative" post="884923" timestamp="1287814417"]
sore losers as well as lousy sports.

absolutely pathetic.
[/quote]

Kind of harsh don't you think?  There was no room for them to really warm up behind the goal posts?? Kind of getting blown a little out of proportion.  Was it wrong, yeah probably, but I don't think it's something to run em into the ground over?

[quote name="megative" post="884923" timestamp="1287814417"]

absolutely pathetic.
[/quote]

Pretty sure Lumberton people are not sore losers.
You cant beat the team AND the referees. If they would have called the things on Nederland like all the holding and getting up and pushing Lumberton players down all the time Lumberton would have won.

[quote name="RaiderGirl92" post="885120" timestamp="1287849099"]
[quote author=megative link=topic=74914.msg884923#msg884923 date=1287814417]

absolutely pathetic.
[/quote]

Pretty sure Lumberton people are not sore losers.
You cant beat the team AND the referees. If they would have called the things on Nederland like all the holding and getting up and pushing Lumberton players down all the time Lumberton would have won.
[/quote]Quite a contradictory statement  ::)

Frankly, I didn't notice it because I was concentrating on watching the Nederland Band like you Nederland fans should have been. My guess the reason they were out there warming up was because the band was past their end time for their performance. Half time as well as the game is run by the clock believe it or not. Now was that the Nederland bands fault? No, it was a mistake either by our band not bringing enough of the Jr. High band members who normally pick up after the performance OR our little guys were more intent on getting the percussion equipment moved out of the way and didn't realize that our band used sheet music to play the selection for the Raiderettes who performed their derrick routine FOR the Nederland fans. Therefore, since you weren't paying much attention to your band until our players came out to warm up, you obviously didn't see all the music still laying in the field, which your band patiently waited until our kids got it gathered up, pushing their performance into proverbial overtime. THAT was why your band was actually still performing when our team came out to warm up. Now what did the dogs do? I have no clue as I was watching the outstanding performance your band was doing, some of us actually pay attention to that part of a game as well as the football being played. Was our team in the way? I haven't a clue because I was watching the band, should they have stayed out of the way? Probably, but at the same time, a certain amount of time is set aside for the teams to warm up, so they too had a right to be there.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="885409" timestamp="1287863499"]
Frankly, I didn't notice it because I was concentrating on watching the Nederland Band like you Nederland fans should have been. My guess the reason they were out there warming up was because the band was past their end time for their performance. Half time as well as the game is run by the clock believe it or not. Now was that the Nederland bands fault? No, it was a mistake either by our band not bringing enough of the Jr. High band members who normally pick up after the performance OR our little guys were more intent on getting the percussion equipment moved out of the way and didn't realize that our band used sheet music to play the selection for the Raiderettes who performed their derrick routine FOR the Nederland fans. Therefore, since you weren't paying much attention to your band until our players came out to warm up, you obviously didn't see all the music still laying in the field, which your band patiently waited until our kids got it gathered up, pushing their performance into proverbial overtime. THAT was why your band was actually still performing when our team came out to warm up. Now what did the dogs do? I have no clue as I was watching the outstanding performance your band was doing, some of us actually pay attention to that part of a game as well as the football being played. Was our team in the way? I haven't a clue because I was watching the band, should they have stayed out of the way? Probably, but at the same time, a certain amount of time is set aside for the teams to warm up, so they too had a right to be there.
[/quote]

Good post and your point was well made. Atta boy--u gotta take up for your boys on this one.

[quote name="Puma42" post="884807" timestamp="1287808832"]
How classless was that move? Having the football players warm up on the field while the Nederland band was still marching. Disrespectful and disappointing in my opinion. I lost a lot of respect for Lumberton tonight.
[/quote]Well since you want to talk " disrespectful " how about your announcer Blasting AC/DC on that Enourmous scoreboard as Lumberton's band was playing their School Song while the boy's were taking the field...How about that Fella ?