GT Shockers - An AWESOME Group of GIRLS & COACHES!

My daughter is playing for the GT Shockers and just started in August with them as their catcher.  She has learned so much from Coach Trout, Coach Jimmy and the other coaches on the team. They have worked with her to prepare her both physically & mentally for the next level of college play.  I thought she was a good athlete and a good catcher, but they worked with her, changed a lot of things she was doing in her catching and batting, and WOW!  The difference in her abilities are almost like a totally different girl.  They have taken her athletic ability and desire to be better and channeled that towards becoming a GREAT catcher and player.  The Elite Showcase in Dallas this weekend was my daughter's first test of her mental & physical aspect.  She was tired, hurting, and aggravated but the Coaches didn't LET her give in to those factors.  By Sunday AM, she was better and more focused for it. She took everything they had to say to her, listened to the lessons they were teaching, and put it together.  The improvements I see in her emotionally and physically are tremendous. She is getting contacted by colleges and she is becoming even more focused on her future. She is a Junior and the only thing we regret is not going to the Shockers earlier!  I am sure that there are many coaches, all with different styles of teaching, in our area who could do some of the same things, but I am here to tell you that my daughter truly loves playing for the Shockers and their coaches!  They are definitely NOT easy to play for.  Coach Trout is very hard on the girls, but he pushes them to work harder and they are better for it.  My older daughter played college ball.  When she was being recruited, she thought her coach was the nicest guy she had ever met.......that all changed when she got to the school!  I wouldn't dare post what she thought of him after that, but she RESPECTED him and learned from him.  She has shared those thoughts with her younger sister.  College is a world where Mom & Dad can't fix the problems for them. They have to learn to handle every good & bad situation and learn from it. I think that Coach Trout's coaching style, as hard as it is, had already helped my soft & kind hearted daughter to toughen up some and be able to handle the college softball world that she wants to play in.  Coach Trout doesn't miss anything.  He is always looking for a way to improve the player.  He is always thinking and coaching.  Even when they do something really good, there is still lessons to be learned from it.  It is amazing to watch the girls rally around each other.  Especially when one is struggling and the coaches are on them.  The girls will be huddled around their teammate talking to them.  EVERY girl on the Shockers team has a BAD day, so EVERY girl has gone through the tough time when the coaches are on them.  They really pull each other together. GREAT Weekend girls!  I am so very proud that my Daughter plays with you guys!

i will say this. we are very pleased to have her playing with us,she is a very big addition to our team.if she can be mentally tough enough to handle trout she will be mentally tough enough to handle college softball.i too think trout is doing what it takes to prepare the girls to play at the next level. all though they dont always understand his tactics they know he is there for them and only them.i do believe trout would take a bullet for any one of his girls.just because he is hard on them doesnt mean he dont love them.we have played on the shockers for 3 years and have had our share of rough times,but ultimatlely my kid is gonna be able to play at the school she wanted to attend.

[quote name="CatcherNoel" post="879513" timestamp="1287416841"]
My daughter is playing for the GT Shockers and just started in August with them as their catcher.  She has learned so much from Coach Trout, Coach Jimmy and the other coaches on the team. They have worked with her to prepare her both physically & mentally for the next level of college play.  I thought she was a good athlete and a good catcher, but they worked with her, changed a lot of things she was doing in her catching and batting, and WOW!  The difference in her abilities are almost like a totally different girl.  They have taken her athletic ability and desire to be better and channeled that towards becoming a GREAT catcher and player.  The Elite Showcase in Dallas this weekend was my daughter's first test of her mental & physical aspect.  She was tired, hurting, and aggravated but the Coaches didn't LET her give in to those factors.  By Sunday AM, she was better and more focused for it. She took everything they had to say to her, listened to the lessons they were teaching, and put it together.  The improvements I see in her emotionally and physically are tremendous. She is getting contacted by colleges and she is becoming even more focused on her future. She is a Junior and the only thing we regret is not going to the Shockers earlier!  I am sure that there are many coaches, all with different styles of teaching, in our area who could do some of the same things, but I am here to tell you that my daughter truly loves playing for the Shockers and their coaches!  They are definitely NOT easy to play for.  Coach Trout is very hard on the girls, but he pushes them to work harder and they are better for it.  My older daughter played college ball.  When she was being recruited, she thought her coach was the nicest guy she had ever met.......that all changed when she got to the school!  I wouldn't dare post what she thought of him after that, but she RESPECTED him and learned from him.  She has shared those thoughts with her younger sister.  College is a world where Mom & Dad can't fix the problems for them. They have to learn to handle every good & bad situation and learn from it. I think that Coach Trout's coaching style, as hard as it is, had already helped my soft & kind hearted daughter to toughen up some and be able to handle the college softball world that she wants to play in.  Coach Trout doesn't miss anything.  He is always looking for a way to improve the player.  He is always thinking and coaching.  Even when they do something really good, there is still lessons to be learned from it.  It is amazing to watch the girls rally around each other.  Especially when one is struggling and the coaches are on them.  The girls will be huddled around their teammate talking to them.  EVERY girl on the Shockers team has a BAD day, so EVERY girl has gone through the tough time when the coaches are on them.  They really pull each other together. GREAT Weekend girls!  I am so very proud that my Daughter plays with you guys!
[/quote]
Just had to comment to your post, it reminded me of something I used to tell kids. "The Coach that recruits you ain't the one that coaches you". All the girls that have gone off to college understand that one. The minute you step on campus the honeymoon is over.

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="880345" timestamp="1287461222"]
[quote author=CatcherNoel link=topic=74633.msg879513#msg879513 date=1287416841]
My daughter is playing for the GT Shockers and just started in August with them as their catcher.  She has learned so much from Coach Trout, Coach Jimmy and the other coaches on the team. They have worked with her to prepare her both physically & mentally for the next level of college play.  I thought she was a good athlete and a good catcher, but they worked with her, changed a lot of things she was doing in her catching and batting, and WOW!  The difference in her abilities are almost like a totally different girl.  They have taken her athletic ability and desire to be better and channeled that towards becoming a GREAT catcher and player.  The Elite Showcase in Dallas this weekend was my daughter's first test of her mental & physical aspect.  She was tired, hurting, and aggravated but the Coaches didn't LET her give in to those factors.  By Sunday AM, she was better and more focused for it. She took everything they had to say to her, listened to the lessons they were teaching, and put it together.  The improvements I see in her emotionally and physically are tremendous. She is getting contacted by colleges and she is becoming even more focused on her future. She is a Junior and the only thing we regret is not going to the Shockers earlier!  I am sure that there are many coaches, all with different styles of teaching, in our area who could do some of the same things, but I am here to tell you that my daughter truly loves playing for the Shockers and their coaches!  They are definitely NOT easy to play for.  Coach Trout is very hard on the girls, but he pushes them to work harder and they are better for it.  My older daughter played college ball.  When she was being recruited, she thought her coach was the nicest guy she had ever met.......that all changed when she got to the school!  I wouldn't dare post what she thought of him after that, but she RESPECTED him and learned from him.  She has shared those thoughts with her younger sister.  College is a world where Mom & Dad can't fix the problems for them. They have to learn to handle every good & bad situation and learn from it. I think that Coach Trout's coaching style, as hard as it is, had already helped my soft & kind hearted daughter to toughen up some and be able to handle the college softball world that she wants to play in.  Coach Trout doesn't miss anything.  He is always looking for a way to improve the player.  He is always thinking and coaching.  Even when they do something really good, there is still lessons to be learned from it.  It is amazing to watch the girls rally around each other.  Especially when one is struggling and the coaches are on them.  The girls will be huddled around their teammate talking to them.  EVERY girl on the Shockers team has a BAD day, so EVERY girl has gone through the tough time when the coaches are on them.  They really pull each other together. GREAT Weekend girls!  I am so very proud that my Daughter plays with you guys!
[/quote]
Just had to comment to your post, it reminded me of something I used to tell kids. "The Coach that recruits you ain't the one that coaches you". All the girls that have gone off to college understand that one. The minute you step on campus the honeymoon is over.
[/quote]

So true JT!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami