Splendora vs. Liberty

If we look at how Liberty & Splendora played against common opponents, I’ve got to go with Splendora.  Against Huntington, Splendora won 34-23 while Liberty lost 54-28, and against Huffman, both lost.  But, Splendora’s point spread was 39 while Liberty’s was 49.  So even though Splendora is 1-2 in district play and Liberty is 2-1, I’m going with Splendora—plus, Liberty still has to play Coldspring and Cleveland—tougher schedule hence.

Being that Splendora is 2nd to last in district 22-3a in rushing offense and passing offense, and Liberty is 2nd in rushing offense and passing offense im going with the Panthers. Yes, Liberty's deffense struggled in the preseason but only allowed 16 points against Sheppherd who is a running football team and averages 80 more yards a game on the ground then Splendora according to Chron.com , so with the obvious advantage Liberty has on the offensive side of the ball and the way their defense has played against Tarkington and Sheppherd (both rushing teams) im going with Liberty.

Guest jhamilton
Good luck Panthers bc hope you guys win. Like your qb and rb along with a good young team from the looks of it. Glad you are playing in Liberty bc if you play in SP make sure you are there by five thirty and on the field for the playing of the NA.

Hmmm, comparing Splendora's offensive stats with Liberty's. Hmmmm, let me see, Liberty's opponents (Huff, Shep, Tark). Splendora's opponents (Huff, Cold, Cleve). ..........................................insert into BCS computer system.........................................yup, just as I thought.......Boise State gets hosed again and its Splendora with the obvious tougher schedule. C'mon Capt. Obvious, Liberty SHOULD have the better stats and record at this point. Sheeeez.

Luke has spoken

I will take Liberty, you can come on here and dog out Liberty and then say what you want to about Shepherd but if you look back at the district games Shepherd has played I do think they put up the most point on both Coldspring and Huffman this year in district and if you ask about the Cleveland game I do think even the Cleveland folks will say that they should of lost that game (yea I know they are 0-8 and "should of" don't mean a thing to most people but when you are as young as Shepherd is it does mean something) So Shepherd may be 0-8 but aren't a give me game for sure. So I will go with Liberty by 7 in this one. 

I remember when North-East Central Valley State College of the Ozarks beat Michigan one year by a field goal to end the the game and Michigan went on to beat who was then # 1 Ohio State who then lost the next week to College of the Piedmont of Western Pennsylvania of the Poconos who lost to Coastal Nebraska by 40 points. My point is......................................the gauchos of UC Santa Barbara got hosed because of a bad referees call. darned zebras.

Luke has spoken

[quote name="beechnut" post="879143" timestamp="1287365377"]
Good luck Panthers bc hope you guys win. Like your qb and rb along with a good young team from the looks of it. Glad you are playing in Liberty bc if you play in SP make sure you are there by five thirty and on the field for the playing of the NA.
[/quote]
Dude.  How many threads are you going to bring this up on?  You are being a little ridiculous.  Grow up, Move on, and most of all deal with it.  Both have a lot to lose.  Both have stuggled against Huffman so it should be a good one.  Splendora hasn't lost to Liberty in a while so I will say Splendora by 14.

[quote name="LtXPantherZ" post="880056" timestamp="1287446722"]
IMO Coach Deel is doing his job the best he can with the players he has. At the end of the night on Friday its which team was the most talented and played hardest, yes coaching is a factor but to say the only way Liberty can win is if Deel is gone, is an outrageous statement.
[/quote]The truth hurts sometime and from what i have seen liberty has some talent. It was not the players fault they lost to huntington. Explain that one.

The 2 move ins that Huntigton had beat Liberty.  Not the Liberty Coaches.  Sometimes you have to step up and say that they got outplayed.  Was it the coaches fault that Liberty gave up a touchdown on Huntingtons 1st play from scrimmage? How about the guy covering him wasnt as good?

I will chime in, is Liberty like were I am from, it always has to be the coaches or someone elses fault cause god knows that it is never the poor babbies fault that they are just not as good as the player that they are lined up across from or the other player just out worked them, always has to be someone or something else.

[quote name="idk" post="880689" timestamp="1287508740"]
I will chime in, is Liberty like were I am from, it always has to be the coaches or someone elses fault cause god knows that it is never the poor babbies fault that they are just not as good as the player that they are lined up across from or the other player just out worked them, always has to be someone or something else.
[/quote]
If I had karma points than I would give you some.  Great Post. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder