Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="869287" timestamp="1286586948"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74162.msg869278#msg869278 date=1286586841]
Man, this is a surprise. Come on Bears!
[/quote]
Why? Did you think it would be close?
[/quote]

FYI it was pretty close. Did you not think it would be? Bet you thought Indians were gonna run the table again too huh? From what I saw last night, your last game of the season might be a route. Keep hoping for that back door to the playoffs. It could happen. ;D

[quote name="slsblab" post="870286" timestamp="1286633161"]
A question for the guys from Beaumont. What is the story on the big receiver #9 for Central. I had a college guy ask if I knew anything about him on the sideline. He is an impressive looking kid.
[/quote]#9 Ogletree.  Haven't heard of any offers as of yet...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="870166" timestamp="1286605445"]
These Jags are impressing me ohh so much these days... Heard was a man tonight  with 200+ rushing yards.  We lined up in singlback and had our way up front.  Much props to our 'big nasties' (O-Linemen) for blocking for Heard.  Our 'Young Gun' QB has matured andhave gotten so good befor my eyes, it was a thing of beauty how he hits our receivers in stride.  Glad we get him for a couple more years.  Playcalling was excellent.  Fan support was great.  Our Defense played great in the first half.  Second half, LC-M made great adjustments to find the holes in our Zone defense. That Gonzalez kid is awesome.  Performed like the 3 year starter that he is.  Got rattled on a hit from earlier and didn't let that slow him down.  He just kept finding #9.  (i was telling some of our fans that I think #9 catch football in his sleep).  Point blank, this is the best receiver in our district.  Refs?  As one fan put it, it was horrible, on both sides.  I'm glad that both teams kept playing as this turned out to be a great game as advertised.  Good luck to these Bears.  You will represent this district great in these playoffs.  

Game balls...

Central - D. Heard
Honorable mention - R. Mitchell

LC-M - Z. Sonnier (sp)
Honorable mention - H. Gonzalez

Special shout out to the Jaguar defense.  You were on the field for most of the night due to our offense scoring quick.  You held your own in the first half and even withtood the second half surge by the Bear offense and stepped up late in the game...  When it counted.  
[/quote]

Agreed, Soulja. Like your team, always a classy winner. Could you teach Big Ford a thing or two?

[quote name="Green and Bold" post="870301" timestamp="1286634011"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=74162.msg869287#msg869287 date=1286586948]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74162.msg869278#msg869278 date=1286586841]
Man, this is a surprise. Come on Bears!
[/quote]
Why? Did you think it would be close?
[/quote]

FYI it was pretty close. Did you not think it would be? Bet you thought Indians were gonna run the table again too huh? From what I saw last night, your last game of the season might be a route. Keep hoping for that back door to the playoffs. It could happen. ;D
[/quote]Ouch!!!  :o :o

[quote name="Green and Bold" post="870311" timestamp="1286634329"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=74162.msg870166#msg870166 date=1286605445]
These Jags are impressing me ohh so much these days... Heard was a man tonight  with 200+ rushing yards.  We lined up in singlback and had our way up front.  Much props to our 'big nasties' (O-Linemen) for blocking for Heard.  Our 'Young Gun' QB has matured andhave gotten so good befor my eyes, it was a thing of beauty how he hits our receivers in stride.  Glad we get him for a couple more years.  Playcalling was excellent.  Fan support was great.  Our Defense played great in the first half.  Second half, LC-M made great adjustments to find the holes in our Zone defense. That Gonzalez kid is awesome.  Performed like the 3 year starter that he is.  Got rattled on a hit from earlier and didn't let that slow him down.  He just kept finding #9.  (i was telling some of our fans that I think #9 catch football in his sleep).  Point blank, this is the best receiver in our district.  Refs?  As one fan put it, it was horrible, on both sides.  I'm glad that both teams kept playing as this turned out to be a great game as advertised.  Good luck to these Bears.  You will represent this district great in these playoffs.  

Game balls...

Central - D. Heard

LC-M - Z. Sonnier (sp)

Special shout out to the Jaguar defense.  You were on the field for most of the night due to our offense scoring quick.  You held your own in the first half and even withtood the second half surge by the Bear offense and stepped up late in the game...  When it counted.  
[/quote]

Agreed, Soulja. Like your team, always a classy winner. Could you teach Big Ford a thing or two?
[/quote]Thanks.  What did he do?

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="869156" timestamp="1286584551"]
[quote author=Bears link=topic=74162.msg869140#msg869140 date=1286584295]
[quote author=NDNWarrior link=topic=74162.msg869122#msg869122 date=1286583693]
Take it to 'em, Jags!
[/quote]

You should worry about loosing another District game to the Raiders....hater!!!
[/quote]

I see how it is, if you don't support the Bears, you're a "hater". Uh....I have the freedom, just as you do, to support any team in our district, correct?  As far as the Indians, I will always support them, whether they are winning  or losing.  However, if you came to our post and supported Lumberton, I would NOT call you a "hater".  Sorry, very immature of you.
[/quote]

Hes not a hater, he's a "hoper". Hoping Jags can run the table so the Indians can have a chance for a playoff spot.

Guest slsblab
Regardless of anything said on this board, the way these kids from both teams played and the effort they gave, you have to be a fan of both teams for the rest of the season. Central was the better team and LCM showed they are dangerous, good luck to both the rest of the season.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="870317" timestamp="1286634557"]
[quote author=Green and Bold link=topic=74162.msg870311#msg870311 date=1286634329]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=74162.msg870166#msg870166 date=1286605445]

Game balls...

Central - D. Heard

LC-M - Z. Sonnier (sp)

[/quote]

[/quote]Thanks.  What did he do?
[/quote]

Nothing, its cool. He was on some rant about respect. For some reason he thinks we are wanting his.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="870010" timestamp="1286598473"]
[b]Copied from another thread...[/b]

BEAUMONT CENTRAL JAGUARS (3-2, 2-0)
Date           Opponent                                 Result
Aug. 27  at  Port Arthur Memorial, 7:00 p.m.    L, 0-38
Sept. 3  at  Beaumont West Brook, 7:00 p.m.   L, 7-55
Sept. 11     Galveston Ball, 6:00 p.m.             W, 31-10
Sept. 17 OPEN  
Sept. 24     Beaumont Ozen, 7:30 p.m.*         W, 41-14
Oct. 1   at  Livingston, 7:30 p.m.*                 W, 28-21 (OT)

LITTLE CYPRESS-MAURICEVILLE BEARS (5-0, 2-0)
Date          Opponent                                  Result
Aug. 26 at  Goose Creek Memorial, 7:00 p.m.   W, 24-14
Sept. 3      Nacogdoches, 7:00 p.m.               W, 63-53
Sept. 10 at Conroe Caney Creek, 7:00 p.m.     W, 48-24
Sept. 17 OPEN  
Sept. 24     Lumberton, 7:30 p.m.*                 W, 45-0
Oct. 1 at    Beaumont Ozen, 7:30 p.m.*          W, 24-15

I could sit here and compare these schedules.  The fact that we (Central) gave up 93 points to two highly talented teams (Memorial & WB) and that you'll (LC-M) have not played ANYONE of that caliber.  The fact that we schedule up and not schedule down, (take WO-S) off of your schedule.  The fact that our oppositions total records are (15-11) and you'lls (10-15) with the best being from Lumberton.  The fact that your record is "pretty" (5-0) and ours has some blemishes (3-2).  But what would that prove.

We can sit here and say that prior to the season starting, everyone was saying that the road for district goes through PN-G.  Well if thats the case, i like that road.  Everyone predicted that Livingston would hand us our first district loss and that Livingston would go on to take the crown, well that didn't happen last night.  You beat Lumberton, who had a good 3 year run.  You beat Ozen, what I call our Basketball school.  Holla at me when you beat Central, Nederland, PN-G, Livingston and even Vidor on a consitant basis.  Holla at me when you make it past the 2nd round or even past the 1st round of the playoffs.  Until then, you are just the other school in Orange County.  But what would that prove.

Us at Central know how it feels to always be picked against, be the underdog, non-favorite.  No score prediction needed, we will prove it on the field.  To all my Central fans, be there early and be loud cause apparently we still have something to prove.

[b]I forwarned all of you Bear fans...  [/b]

[/quote]

I guess I'm not getting what you posted, forwarned for what. ::) THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE BEING A JERK.

Sonnier is good but what makes him better this year is that hes not the only target.
Harmon #88 who i think is a junoir has made some of the best catches this year i have ever seen.
Preston #12 has really turned it around this year.
I wish 21 was healthy so he could play. I was hoping to see if anyone on that d could catch him.  ;D

[quote name="utguy09" post="870460" timestamp="1286647554"]
Sonnier is good but what makes him better this year is that hes not the only target.
Harmon #88 who i think is a junoir has made some of the best catches this year i have ever seen.
I wish 21 was healthy so he could play. I was hoping to see if anyone on that d could catch him.  ;D
[/quote]I think they could catch him. ;D

[quote name="77" post="870465" timestamp="1286647819"]
[quote author=utguy09 link=topic=74162.msg870460#msg870460 date=1286647554]
[/quote] ;D

Great game at LC-M, the Jags are just too fast, strong, athletic, etc, etc, etc. Bears impressed me by hanging tough and fighting back all night.....Jags impressed me with everything they did on both sides of the ball. For the rest of the district who haven't had the pleasure of playing the Jags yet, you will be amazed at the team speed. Hold your head up Bears, you will not face anyone better the rest of the season. Keep fighting like you did last night, we have a lot of football left this season. Great game!!

[quote name="bcjag10" post="870466" timestamp="1286647914"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=74162.msg870465#msg870465 date=1286647819]
[quote author=utguy09 link=topic=74162.msg870460#msg870460 date=1286647554]
[/quote] ;D
[/quote] :D :D

[quote name="LB76" post="870469" timestamp="1286648496"]
Great game at LC-M, the Jags are just too fast, strong, athletic, etc, etc, etc. Bears impressed me by hanging tough and fighting back all night.....Jags impressed me with everything they did on both sides of the ball. For the rest of the district who haven't had the pleasure of playing the Jags yet, you will be amazed at the team speed. Hold your head up Bears, you will not face anyone better the rest of the season. Keep fighting like you did last night, we have a lot of football left this season. Great game!!
[/quote]

Good post..I am going to be the 1st to say, Congrates to the bears..You guys really impressed me..We hit you guys hard, on Defense..Saw some bone rattling hits on your qb and #9, and usualy when we hit like we did last night, teams tend to get scary and we end up haveing our way. Last night, thoese bears took the hits and still kept playing..You guys have my respect..GL the rest of the way..

I would like to applause all the Central posts...They are very gracious and nothing negative said toward LCM.  Thank you very much and wish you the very best for the remainder of the season.  I agree the officiating was horrible plan and simple.  Good Luck to all for the remainder of the season.

[quote name="utguy09" post="870790" timestamp="1286668919"]
Lol did anyone else see the 4 yard and 9 yard penaltys? lol
[/quote]

Missed the 9 yarder.  I think the 4 yard one was more like 2.5 if that was the one you're talking about (early in the game).  Ball was on about the 8.5, half the distance should have been just past 4 (4.25) but looked like it was placed on about the 6.

Oh well. 

[quote name="LCM76" post="871077" timestamp="1286684574"]
[quote author=utguy09 link=topic=74162.msg870790#msg870790 date=1286668919]
Lol did anyone else see the 4 yard and 9 yard penaltys? lol
[/quote]

Missed the 9 yarder.  I think the 4 yard one was more like 2.5 if that was the one you're talking about (early in the game).  Ball was on about the 8.5, half the distance should have been just past 4 (4.25) but looked like it was placed on about the 6.

Oh well. 
[/quote]
Yea lol they moved it back like a yard...i guess thats half the distance to the goal.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder