Tarkington vs. Liberty Game Thread/Liberty Wins/Comments

Guest HardinFootball
I believe the once ruled "down and out" Liberty Panthers will go 6-4 (4-2) and be the 3rd place team in this 22-3A District. I could be wrong, but it sure is looking to go that route, with Coldspring and Huffman being the teams in the driver seat. Who wants third place bad enough? Looking at the schedule, it works out best for Liberty to be that team. Go Panthers!!

Hey Liberty Panther fans. I have a question about one of the players. Ryan Melton is the son of an old friend of mine and I was wondering how he's doing. I tuned in some earlier in the year and he was on the offensive line. I tuned in last night and he was playing defense. And I swear I heard the announcer say they attempted a pass to him! What gives? Does he just play all positions? Or is there another Melton on the team?

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="870903" timestamp="1286676087"]
Hey Liberty Panther fans. I have a question about one of the players. Ryan Melton is the son of an old friend of mine and I was wondering how he's doing. I tuned in some earlier in the year and he was on the offensive line. I tuned in last night and he was playing defense. And I swear I heard the announcer say they attempted a pass to him! What gives? Does he just play all positions? Or is there another Melton on the team?
[/quote]
Maybe--but I think that the only two teams with winning records will be Coldspring & Huffman.  The rest will duke it out.  I don't rule out Cleveland or Shepherd for that matter.  The race for third will be interesting.

[quote name="HardinFootball" post="870885" timestamp="1286674979"]
I believe the once ruled "down and out" Liberty Panthers will go 6-4 (4-2) and be the 3rd place team in this 22-3A District. I could be wrong, but it sure is looking to go that route, with Coldspring and Huffman being the teams in the driver seat. Who wants third place bad enough? Looking at the schedule, it works out best for Liberty to be that team. Go Panthers!!
[/quote]

I am Pretty sure they cannot go 6-4 right now they only have 2 wins  and still have to play coldspring so the best they can go is 5-5, which I do not think will happen I believe cleveland still beats them, and dont rule out splendora

[quote name="Tator tots" post="871776" timestamp="1286758494"]
Melton started at tackle i believe last year as a soph. and this year they moved him to tight end. he has the talent to do it!! he caught a touchdown last week. he also plays d line. the have had many injuries
[/quote]

I see. Thanks for the info. At 6' 6" 260 lbs., I guess he plays where he wants.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder