Best QB in SETX

[quote name="LULUJUJU" post="866697" timestamp="1286320835"]
Baddog, what kind of connection do you have to the Bulldogs?? Or are you just some hardcore fan!!
[/quote]

Just a fan and I call 'em as I see 'em. Have a son who is a senior and he doesn't play sports. Guess what, he's worth a billion dollars to me.

Still think Doty is best I've seen. PM me if you'd like.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If stats were all that mattered, Vince Ferragamo would be the best quarterback in NFL history.   :o

If technique was all that mattered, Todd Marinovich would be the best quarterback in NFL history.   :D

What defines the quarterback position is victory.  He shares the accolades in victory and shoulders the blame in defeat.  He finds a way to win no matter what.  Tom Brady - fastest to 100 wins.  Joe Montana - second fastest.  John Elway - most 4th quarter comeback victories.   8)

My point is there are only a few quarterbacks who's team is still undefeated and a few of them have been mentioned.  Ultimately the QB that leads his team deepest in the playoffs is the best.  Plain and simple.  

Same thing every year.   You get huge numbers out of small school players , whether rushing, passing or receiving, and this is proof that they are "hands down" the best in the area.   Nobody knows how they would perform against bigger schools.   I'm guessing that Reyes is the best, but I haven't had a chance to see the Hardin kid play against really strong competition.  I guarantee that Reyes, or the kid from PAM would both dominate at the smaller schools.   That said, I'll take the KVille running back, any day.

[quote name="Fracc" post="866713" timestamp="1286322548"]
If stats were all that mattered, Vince Ferragamo would be the best quarterback in NFL history.   :o

If technique was all that mattered, Todd Marinovich would be the best quarterback in NFL history.   :D

What defines the quarterback position is victory.  He shares the accolades in victory and shoulders the blame in defeat.  He finds a way to win no matter what.  Tom Brady - fastest to 100 wins.  Joe Montana - second fastest.  John Elway - most 4th quarter comeback victories.   8)

My point is there are only a few quarterbacks who's team is still undefeated and a few of them have been mentioned.  Ultimately the QB that leads his team deepest in the playoffs is the best.  Plain and simple.  
[/quote] You have a few good points but your saying that a QB on the Superbowl team is the best in the NFL, and that is not quite right. If so your sayng that Trent Dilferd? is better than Dan Marino ??? or that Eli Manning is better than Fran Tarkington ??? or Doug williams is better that Warren Moon. That statment wont hold water ;D

[quote name="baseball25" post="866674" timestamp="1286317848"]
Hey Aggies Taylor is a true product of a system. It also helps that this system is [b]very good against 2A and below teams[/b]

This system has work every where Haynes has been and thats at the 5a level and 4a level, the first yr Haynes got to Hardin the QB threw for 40tds, Haynes system works anywhere, and it would work even better at Silsbee lol.....
[/quote]

That system works well for Haynes until he has to play Dayton, lose for 10 years straight, and then start looking for a new job....just sayin'.

Guest baseball25
Yeah Jeremy Johnson was a flat out stud, just think of what kind of numbers he would have put up  if he played in stump or Haynes offense!!!!!!!! lol Haynes has had only 2 losing seasons in like 24 yrs of head coaching, its not like losing to Dayton is a bad thing.....

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="866727" timestamp="1286323631"]
I believe that Jeremy Johnson was the best QB in the area last year and he played for a 3A school. I believe he would have been just as good at the 4A and 5A level as well.
[/quote]

Some would be great, some would not.  Just saying....

[quote name="westend1" post="866716" timestamp="1286322689"]
Same thing every year.   You get huge numbers out of small school players , whether rushing, passing or receiving, and this is proof that they are "hands down" the best in the area.   Nobody knows how they would perform against bigger schools.   I'm guessing that Reyes is the best, but I haven't had a chance to see the Hardin kid play against really strong competition.  I guarantee that Reyes, or the kid from PAM would both dominate at the smaller schools.   That said, I'll take the KVille running back, any day.
[/quote]

Maybe they would but they wouldn't have the depth
And numbers they do at their current schools. Your going to discount teams for playing schools similar in size to themselves? Kelly has kids that could start at Westbrook, Menard could start at running back for alot of 5A teams same goes for Ford. The difference between 5a schools and the smaller classifications is the depth. There are not as many talented kids at smaller schools because there aren't as many kids in the school.  Its really simple bigger pool of kids is going to have more talented kids. Don't discount kids because they play similar schools in terms of size.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="866802" timestamp="1286329100"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=73993.msg866716#msg866716 date=1286322689]
[/quote]

And numbers they do at their current schools. Your going to discount teams for playing schools similar in size to themselves? Kelly has kids that could start at Westbrook, Menard could start at running back for alot of 5A teams same goes for Ford. The difference between 5a schools and the smaller classifications is the depth. There are not as many talented kids at smaller schools because there aren't as many kids in the school.  Its really simple bigger pool of kids is going to have more talented kids. Don't discount kids because they play similar schools in terms of size.
[/quote]

Nobody is discounting anybody, however, a talented player can put up bigger numbers against small school competition.  What do you think C Michael's numbers would have looked like if he played at Kelly, or Hardin?

[quote name="True Blue" post="866742" timestamp="1286324677"]
[quote author=Fracc link=topic=73993.msg866713#msg866713 date=1286322548]

[/quote] You have a few good points but your saying that a QB on the Superbowl team is the best in the NFL, and that is not quite right. If so your sayng that Trent Dilferd? is better than Dan Morrino ??? or that Eli Manning is better than Fran Tarkington ??? or Doug williams is better that Warn Moon. That statment wont hold water ;D
[/quote]

Webster's defines [i][b]best[/b][/i] as "superlative of good" or "excelling above all others".  The superbowl champion has proven they were the best.  Don't kid yourself that Dan (1 SB) or Fran (3 SB) would trade most or all of their statistics for one ring.  (You also left off Jim Kelly - 4 SB)  Watch Dan's face when Shannon Sharpe shows his ring.  Fran, Dan and Jim earned respect of being a good quarterback with HOF inductions as did Warren Moon.  I did not choose to make an excuse for Warren...five consecutive CFL championships is considered "best" for the QB in that league and merited him a promotion to the NFL where he had a good career.

Since the debate is "best" QB, success is the key factor.  If we have several teams make deep playoff runs, then our area is truly blessed and those young leaders deserve to be debated as the "best" in our area this year.  If somone wants to create a thread of who the "good" QBs are in the area then most of the posts in this thread apply. ;)

[quote name="Fracc" post="866808" timestamp="1286329477"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=73993.msg866742#msg866742 date=1286324677]
[quote author=Fracc link=topic=73993.msg866713#msg866713 date=1286322548]

[/quote] You have a few good points but your saying that a QB on the Superbowl team is the best in the NFL, and that is not quite right. If so your sayng that Trent Dilferd? is better than Dan Morrino ??? or that Eli Manning is better than Fran Tarkington ??? or Doug williams is better that Warn Moon. That statment wont hold water ;D
[/quote]

Webster's defines [i][b]best[/b][/i] as "superlative of good" or "excelling above all others".  The superbowl champion has proven they were the best.  Don't kid yourself that Dan (1 SB) or Fran (3 SB) would trade most or all of their statistics for one ring.  (You also left off Jim Kelly - 4 SB)  Watch Dan's face when Shannon Sharpe shows his ring.  Fran, Dan and Jim earned respect of being a good quarterback with HOF inductions as did Warren Moon.  I did not choose to make an excuse for Warren...five consecutive CFL championships is considered "best" for the QB in that league and merited him a promotion to the NFL where he had a good career.

Since the debate is "best" QB, [b]success is the key factor.[/b]  If we have several teams make deep playoff runs, then our area is truly blessed and those young leaders deserve to be debated as the "best" in our area this year.  If somone wants to create a thread of who the "good" QBs are in the area then most of the posts in this thread apply. ;)
[/quote]

You have a definition of "success" that doesn't make a lot of sense.  A great quarterback can play for a lousy team and never win a championship.  This isn't golf.  It takes a whole team to make deep playoff runs.  The best quarterback in the world can't get you there without the other 22 guys.

[quote name="True Blue" post="866812" timestamp="1286329954"]
The debate is who is the best QB . Not What QB playes on the best Team. I dont think but one of the kids named plays the first down on Def. So it can not be their fought that their team cant stop the other team.
[/quote]

I understand your thought process, but what "Fracc" is so delicately tip-toeing around is that it's hard to label a 0-5 or 1-4 quarterback the best in the area....and I agree with him.

If you torture stats enough you can make them say anything you want them to say.  I'll take the QB that puts up W's over more "attempted" passes any day. 

[quote name="westend1" post="866807" timestamp="1286329417"]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=73993.msg866802#msg866802 date=1286329100]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=73993.msg866716#msg866716 date=1286322689]
Same thing every year.  You get huge numbers out of small school players , whether rushing, passing or receiving, and this is proof that they are "hands down" the best in the area.  Nobody knows how they would perform against bigger schools.  I'm guessing that Reyes is the best, but I haven't had a chance to see the Hardin kid play against really strong competition.  I guarantee that Reyes, or the kid from PAM would both dominate at the smaller schools.  That said, I'll take the KVille running back, any day.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nobody is discounting anybody, however, a talented player can put up bigger numbers against small school competition.  What do you think C Michael's numbers would have looked like if he played at Kelly, or Hardin?
[/quote]

Probably similar to Fords last year But like I said he wouldn't have as much talent around him so you would be able to key on him more.

Guest HardinHornets
That is why I posted the way I did.

Spread Offense - Taylor from Hardin or the Kelly QB, or even Deberry from Huffman
Building a team from ground up, Merka or Jones from EC

To me it is that simple. What system and style are you looking for in that QB.

You can't put Vince Young and Peyton Manning in the same category. One wins championships with the Passing skill. The other wins because that's all he has ever done. Finding a WAY to get it done.
Hope this helps those in thought.

First off u don't put peyton manning in the same category with vy cause vy couldn't hold peyton's jock not because vy wins(but not in the nfl) lol. Second if u wanna know who the best qb is I'm gonna listen to the guys who get paid to scout talent, which means that merka(verbal to tcu) or reyes (major D1 player) r the best.

Guest baseball25
So that's why his first 3 yrs he had over a 1000 yard rushers in stelly and Villemez, lol give me a break dude there averaging 40 points a game, hardin don't have the defensive players to match up with buna,anahuac, newton, and the ecs on defense. Some yrs they will but most yrs they won't

1. Doty should play QB at the next level. 6'3" with a strong arm and very good mechanics in the pocket. I've seen he a Merka head to head twice now and Merka will not play QB at TCU, but he is a good athlete with good size so they will find a spot for him somewhere.
2. Gonzo from LCM is the best offensive player in 4A so far. He scrambles well and throws a pretty good ball, not a better passer than Doty.
3. Taylor from Hardin has great numbers, but how many throws does he actually make down the field? Same goes for Gonzo? Lots of WR screens from what I have seen.
4. I don't know much about the kid from Huffman so I can't really comment other than he puts up big numbers...Could it be the same as Taylor and Gonzo above?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83