Turning bad to good

CraigS

[quote name="Bugler" post="888097" timestamp="1288112397"]
[quote author=Tigers9 link=topic=73946.msg888051#msg888051 date=1288109551]

Very good post. But I still dont think you get it. I havent disagreed with these basis of teaching, they are obviously very good traits as a human being. It doesnt change that the athletes of programs that have continued success have and expect a level of swagger.......whether or not Cheater and others will admit this or leave me to being a [b]"lone rebel"[/b] is yet to be seen.

I was watching the news the other day, and I must agree with the journalist's opinion of the direction of our country.........America is getting fed up with the "politically correct BS" the point........we cant see the actual point being made due to race, sex, religious or political views that so often get in the way.....hence the comment by O'Rielly...."Muslims killed us on 911" which by the way is FACT.....however he takes crap for it....he didnt say ALL, however some got their feelings hurt and whined about his comments.

so, if your agenda gets in the way of seeing the actual point being made....so be it! Choose the right fit for your kid and be happy, thats why there are several teams in the area.

[/quote]

Thanks. I agree with most of what was said there except that if a program continues to have the success they will have the confidence that others will see, and then they have the choice of swagger or humility, which in no way means weakness. The opponent will most likely see it as swagger. The difference would be how they were treated by the confident one.

Yes, I get it and see your point. It's the way of the world, today. Expecting swagger is just like expecting PC.  (Swagger won't get you fired.)  Facts are facts, but supposition or assumption and perception is not. Bill O'Reilly stated fact. What the others, that don't like him, IMHO, heard was probably something offensive  "due to race, sex, religious or political views".

I see my daughter walk in confidence and humility. The opponent may see swagger. Who's "right"?  They would know if they met her.

Anyways, thanks for your work over the last few years, also.

[/quote]

Thank you. Since you seem to have known me for a few years then you know I dont always come across very well to some. Im glad you see the point, and I must admit, you spoke my point alot better than I obviously presented it......again....very well spoken!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let mt try to translate this .  Coach stay in dug out, Player Lets her performance do her talking. On the field be a monster, off the field be a princess.  ;D

[quote name="Tigers9" post="888173" timestamp="1288117918"]

Thank you. Since you seem to have known me for a few years then you know I dont always come across very well to some. Im glad you see the point, and I must admit, you spoke my point alot better than I obviously presented it......again....very well spoken!
[/quote]

Thanks. Actually we have never met and I've only known of you for less than a year. We know people in common and I've seen you here and there. I know people with whom you coach and I've read your posts. I feel I know what you want to accomplish and though  you "dont always come across very well to some." you do very well in promoting your organization. Good job.

[quote name="CRUSHCOACH" post="887378" timestamp="1288044115"]
[quote author=shake and bake link=topic=73946.msg887277#msg887277 date=1288036867]
Now everyone is going to know who I am!!!!! Thanks Craig! ;D
[/quote]

Everyone already knows who you are. Only you can mis-spell so many words ! ;) ;D
[/quote]

:D :D :D

[quote name="BHBLUE" post="887785" timestamp="1288065122"]
Swagger, confidence, arrogance, etc.  The only time these matters is when it becomes embarrassing.  There are way too many players that possess these "qualities" for no reason.  Work on your game and perform when it comes time.  If you don't, all of these mean absolutely nothing. 

BTW, coaches don't get players scholarships; players do.
[/quote]

How true!!!

Tigers9...Can't wait for my BC girls to show off their swagger against Silsbee.  What a great year it will be, full of surprises and lots of confidence!

See you on the dirt!  Well, mud tonight, but we'll get some nice weather before it really counts.

Good luck to your girls and best of luck to ALL girls in the GT, regardless of the teams they choose to play for or who those coaches might be or not be..even the arrogant ones and not-so-arrogant ones.  May they all go to the college of their dreams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell