Aldine Eisenhower at Dayton Game Thread/Ike Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

If Dayton can get a little lead on a team, they would be a lot tougher to score on.  I look at them like the Colts.  Dayton usually gets up on someone, then the opponent goes away from the run trying to catch up and it's all over.
Angleton couldn't move the ball an inch against Dayton that first half, but turnovers and special teams kept them in the game.
This allowed Angleton to keep running and pounding the ball.  The second half, Dayton wore down and the running game started to work for Angleton.

Sounds like the same thing happened against Ike.  You could tell Dayton was getting tired on defense.  They have a lot of guys going both ways.  I feel like they will get their offense to clicking against slightly easier opponents, and their defense will remain more refreshed while the offense keeps them off the field.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="panamamyers" post="851096" timestamp="1284908157"]
If Dayton can get a little lead on a team, they would be a lot tougher to score on.  I look at them like the Colts.  Dayton usually gets up on someone, then the opponent goes away from the run trying to catch up and it's all over.
Angleton couldn't move the ball an inch against Dayton that first half, but turnovers and special teams kept them in the game.
This allowed Angleton to keep running and pounding the ball.  The second half, Dayton wore down and the running game started to work for Angleton.

Sounds like the same thing happened against Ike.  You could tell Dayton was getting tired on defense.  They have a lot of guys going both ways.  I feel like they will get their offense to clicking against slightly easier opponents, and their defense will remain more refreshed while the offense keeps them off the field.

[/quote] I like this post because its from someone being objective that doesn't have a purple point of view !

Here are the two things that stood out to me in this game. First of all, I dont know how much Dayton payed for the scoreboard but it was never updated with downs or timeouts and the person running it must have just been any kid from the stands. They let 24 seconds run off during a timeout. Thats not even counting alot of other times that they didnt know when to stop the clock, even though the ref signaled to stop it. The second thing that stood out is how #20 gives up on balls and blocks. There we times that he didnt even put his hands out to attempt to catch a ball and then while a running play to his side he blocked for about 2 seconds and just quit and his guy made the tackle.
I love the tight ship that the Dayton coaches run. When #9 fumbled on the kickoff return he threw his helmet to the benches. Then a coach was in his face before his helmet even hit the ground. Good job..

Broncos need to loosen up a little,playing to upbeat and out of rythm.I know it's been a tuff pre-season but  they just don't look relaxed and it seems the second half when leading they play like they're behind and try to force things which I see it as the turnover problem/remedy.We'll be alright now is when it counts and we'll see the Broncos throwing alot more.Look for a big offense explosion starting this friday.

[quote name="liltex" post="851391" timestamp="1284927257"]
Broncos need to loosen up a little,playing to upbeat and out of rythm.I know it's been a tuff pre-season but  they just don't look relaxed and it seems the second half when leading they play like they're behind and try to force things which I see it as the turnover problem/remedy.We'll be alright now is when it counts and we'll see the Broncos throwing alot more.Look for a big offense explosion starting this friday.
[/quote] I thnk you will see #1 Delisbor rack up massive yards and TD's from here on out !

[quote name="jayhawk" post="851454" timestamp="1284930586"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=73093.msg851391#msg851391 date=1284927257]
Broncos need to loosen up a little,playing to upbeat and out of rythm.I know it's been a tuff pre-season but  they just don't look relaxed and it seems the second half when leading they play like they're behind and try to force things which I see it as the turnover problem/remedy.We'll be alright now is when it counts and we'll see the Broncos throwing alot more.Look for a big offense explosion starting this friday.
[/quote] I thnk you will see #1 Delisbor rack up massive yards and TD's from here on out !
[/quote]

AGREED.

[quote name="knightrider" post="852142" timestamp="1285004056"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=73093.msg852083#msg852083 date=1285001515]
http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/09/20/dayton_news/sports/3910daytonfb.txt
  Wonder what kind of personnel changes?
[/quote] ???
[/quote]

bubbad is gonna take the helm this week to ensure that we don't get outcoached again. Coach Stewart will be playing the role of outraged/depressed fan/tax payer. ;)

They have 3 players on this team and one very good defensive lineman.  # 1, # 5 and the QB are pretty good.  One of them (not the QB) threw himself a good old fit after fumbling the ball.  After throwing his helmet to the ground, the coach lit him up pretty good.  My guess is he may get a little bench time to think about his attitude.  He made a lot of mistakes, especially since he is one of the 3 Dayton has to depend on.    

[quote name="APanthers" post="852224" timestamp="1285008951"]
I think Dayton needs a new QB.
[/quote] Oh I was wondering when that was going to be mentioned.. So anyone want to comment on that..
  could be questionable about a new one  :-\

[quote name="octfeb" post="852233" timestamp="1285009327"]
[quote author=APanthers link=topic=73093.msg852224#msg852224 date=1285008951]
I think Dayton needs a new QB.
[/quote] Oh I was wondering when that was going to be mentioned.. So anyone want to comment on that..
  could be questionable about a new one  :-\
[/quote]

???

Why?

He's as accurate as any we've had recently, runs pretty well, and runs the offense better than anyone else on the team. If he was still getting a bunch of passes batted down or throwing a bunch of picks I could understand it, but IMO he's not the isssue. Holding the ball is the issue. The Broncos just played their toughest predistrict schedule ever, by all accounts. We'll be fine.

It's not the QB's fault that his teammates couldn't hold on to the ball.  As for the pick 6, they happen, it's part of the game.  He wouldn't have had to force that throw, if they didn't get theirselves in a big hole at the end of the game.  I could understand if the QB did the fumbling or threw more picks on a consistent basis, but he doesn't.  Fact of the matter is somebody has to take the blame, so it usually falls on the QB. (even though this lose was not his fault)

Winning QB = Hero
Losing QB = Villian

It's sad that people feel that way...  JMO

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="852278" timestamp="1285013298"]
It's not the QB's fault that his teammates couldn't hold on to the ball.  As for the pick 6, they happen, it's part of the game.  He wouldn't have had to force that throw, if they didn't get theirselves in a big hole at the end of the game.  I could understand if the QB did the fumbling or threw more picks on a consistent basis, but he doesn't.  Fact of the matter is somebody has to take the blame, so it usually falls on the QB. (even though this lose was not his fault)

Winning QB = Hero
Losing QB = Villian

It's sad that people feel that way...  JMO
[/quote]

Well said there Green Shoes.  I see the QB as being the problem, a few linebackers, a corner and a safety need a tune-up.  Having said that, please feel free to tick the QB off and bench him.  That little sucker ran all over BH last year and we don't want that.  By the way, bench # 5 and # 1 too.  No need in letting them run all over BH either.  Heck, just call Gage and forfit the game.  Yall need an extra week to get over an 0-3 start, what's 0-4 anyway.    ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont