*LAMAR vs. McNEESE ST. GAME THREAD/UPDATES...McNeese Wins!*

KFDM COOP

I didn't catch the score until well after the game was over.  I was very impressed that Lamar almost won, especially on the road at McNeese.  Looks like the season will depend on Bevil staying healthy.  A winning season should be possible, and Lamar isn't playing a bunch of non-D1 teams like a lot of startups seem to be doing.  Go LU!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BIG HOUSE
Everyone is complaining about the lack of running game..If the coaches would have used the I-package that we have we could have run the ball with either one of our backs. The backs are not the problem when they can hardly make it back to the line of scrimmage..This team will need to run between the tackles out of the I-Formation to be affective...Just my opinion..

[quote name="BIG HOUSE" post="840308" timestamp="1283782389"]
Everyone is complaining about the lack of running game..If the coaches would have used the I-package that we have we could have run the ball with either one of our backs. The backs are not the problem when they can hardly make it back to the line of scrimmage..This team will need to run between the tackles out of the I-Formation to be affective...Just my opinion..
[/quote]

I agree. We only ran the ball 16 times the entire game. We never really tried to establish a good run game. I think if we try to establish it early we will have a much better chance of having success. The offensive line will need to improve their push on the run still however. The zone read plays will be worked on Im sure and I expect them to be a lot better next week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami