Nederland vs. GCM Predictions?

[quote name="bulldogbasketball" post="834144" timestamp="1283068259"]
as long as we have that old coach with us I'm going to say we will lose every game.
[/quote]
first off, who are you to say that after all coach has done for nederland, second seriously who are you to say that... you probably are some screw up who got kicked out of football and are just holding a grudge... in the past 17 years football has made the playoffs 15 times.. basketball 2?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cornhusker" post="837039" timestamp="1283470691"]
Dogs  35 GCM 13   The Dogs will  only get better with this young defense.  Ex,avier Bill is out on the front four and linebacker Korbin Stampley is out with a bruised neck. The defense will only get better with these guys at full strength.
[/quote]

Bill didn't play last week, and what I understand Butler is also out.

I was only at the end of one of the practices earlier in the week and they were working (pretty hard I might say) on defense and tackling so Carson wasn't active in that...I will tell you this, in time, Carson will be fine...he has all of the tools and all he lacks is game experience and confidence...I would bet money that before it is all said and done, he will be one of the best QBs we have had in Nederland...remember, he is a 15 year old sophomore...he will only get better...Carson does not worry me at all

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Razor" post="837401" timestamp="1283529095"]
I was only at the end of one of the practices earlier in the week and they were working (pretty hard I might say) on defense and tackling so Carson wasn't active in that...I will tell you this, in time, Carson will be fine...he has all of the tools and all he lacks is game experience and confidence...I would bet money that before it is all said and done, he will be one of the best QBs we have had in Nederland...remember, he is a 15 year old sophomore...he will only get better...Carson does not worry me at all
[/quote]

They might want to include the JV in those tackling practices.  ;D

[quote name="5deep" post="837138" timestamp="1283480179"]
[quote author=bulldogbasketball link=topic=72165.msg834144#msg834144 date=1283068259]
as long as we have that old coach with us I'm going to say we will lose every game.
[/quote]
first off, who are you to say that after all coach has done for nederland, second seriously who are you to say that... you probably are some screw up who got kicked out of football and are just holding a grudge... [b]in the past 17 years football has made the playoffs 15 times.. basketball 2?[/b][/quote]

In the past 17 years, the basketball team has been the District champs one time... football once.

[quote name="DogOne" post="837465" timestamp="1283532900"]
[quote author=5deep link=topic=72165.msg837138#msg837138 date=1283480179]
[quote author=bulldogbasketball link=topic=72165.msg834144#msg834144 date=1283068259]
[/quote]
first off, who are you to say that after all coach has done for nederland, second seriously who are you to say that... you probably are some screw up who got kicked out of football and are just holding a grudge... [b]in the past 17 years football has made the playoffs 15 times.. basketball 2?[/b][/quote]

In the past 17 years, the basketball team has been the District champs one time... football once.
[/quote]I dont know if you can remember Nederland football before neuman but I do and they sucked... a lot....He has been the best thing to  happen to Nederland football in a long time... granted Nederland has had a couple of down years but all things considered he is a very good coach.

Nederland has had a pretty good football program since day one.  Some very good years (State Championship) mixed in with a few very bad years (at least one winless season in the early 90s) but mostly pretty good.  I just think people are being too hard on the pre-Neumann years because Nederland didn't always make the playoffs.  But you have to remember that until 1982 only the District Champion went to the playoffs and between 1982 and 1996 only the top two teams in each district made the playoffs.  Also during a lot of the pre-Neumann years, Nederland was in the highest classification in the state.  It was called 4A but there was no 5A.  So Nederland was competing against the largest schools in the state.  And if you'll remember, there was some pretty stout competition in the area in the 70's and 80's.  PN-G was pretty good.  I believe French and West Brook both won state championships back then.  TJ had a few good years in there with Dodge and Duhon and Stump.       

[quote name="DogOne" post="837505" timestamp="1283535690"]
Nederland has had a pretty good football program since day one.  Some very good years (State Championship) mixed in with a few very bad years (at least one winless season in the early 90s) but mostly pretty good.  I just think people are being too hard on the pre-Neumann years because Nederland didn't always make the playoffs.  But you have to remember that until 1982 only the District Champion went to the playoffs and between 1982 and 1996 only the top two teams in each district made the playoffs.  Also during a lot of the pre-Neumann years, Nederland was in the highest classification in the state.  It was called 4A but there was no 5A.  So Nederland was competing against the largest schools in the state.  And if you'll remember, there was some pretty stout competition in the area in the 70's and 80's.  PN-G was pretty good.  I believe French and West Brook both won state championships back then.  TJ had a few good years in there with Dodge and Duhon and Stump.         
[/quote]That is all true. My point is that since Neumann  has been here how many losing seasons have they had??? In the 80's and early 90's nederland barely ever had winning seasons.  I know it is not exactly same. Districts had more big schools. But give the guy credit. He has restored a winning tradition in nederland. Taken nederlands crappy fans and turned them into Bulldog nuts.  In 1993 no one cared if they won or lost.Now the fans are radical. Mostly due to the fact that Neumann has turned a losing program into a winning one.

[quote name="dmeast11111" post="837542" timestamp="1283537809"]
[quote author=DogOne link=topic=72165.msg837505#msg837505 date=1283535690]
[/quote]That is all true. My point is that since Neumann  has been here how many losing seasons have they had??? In the 80's and early 90's nederland barely ever had winning seasons.  I know it is not exactly same. Districts had more big schools. But give the guy credit. He has restored a winning tradition in nederland. Taken nederlands crappy fans and turned them into Bulldog nuts.  In 1993 no one cared if they won or lost.Now the fans are radical. Mostly due to the fact that Neumann has turned a losing program into a winning one.
[/quote]

Point well taken.  I just wanted to remind our younger fans that while Nederland was in the dumps just prior to Neumann coming on board, the program has usually been pretty solid.  But yes, Neumann deserves credit for resurrecting a very lackluster Nederland football in the early 90's. 

What a lot of people arent thinking about is what Neumann does with what hes got. Nederland has never had the true thoroughbred atheletes that some other schools had. Thats no excuse for poor playing, nor is it a knock on our players. Nederland typically has one or two good athletes but its the teamwork aspect and the fight that we have in our players. You dont see many Nederland players going on to play D-1 ball. My concern grows when I see someone giving up on a play. Last week one of our receivers tipped a pass and the defender intercepted it. Instead of trying to tackle the guy, he just stood there looking at his hands in amazement that he didnt catch it. I cant tolerate that kind of effort. Thats simply poor dedication to your team. Back on topic, Neumann has had great success and overcome lots of adversity over the years, and to me, hes the best coach in this area.

As for the score.. Nederland takes this one.. BIG..

Nederland 35  GCM 14

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="837646" timestamp="1283546561"]
[b]What a lot of people arent thinking about is what Neumann does with what hes got. Nederland has never had the true thoroughbred atheletes that some other schools had[/b]. Thats no excuse for poor playing, nor is it a knock on our players. Nederland typically has one or two good athletes but its the teamwork aspect and the fight that we have in our players. You dont see many Nederland players going on to play D-1 ball. My concern grows when I see someone giving up on a play. Last week one of our receivers tipped a pass and the defender intercepted it. Instead of trying to tackle the guy, he just stood there looking at his hands in amazement that he didnt catch it. I cant tolerate that kind of effort. Thats simply poor dedication to your team. Back on topic, Neumann has had great success and overcome lots of adversity over the years, and to me, hes the best coach in this area.

Nederland 35  GCM 14
[/quote]

In 2007 Nederland had two future Big 12 players - Dravannti Johnson (Texas) and Stephan Huber (Baylor).  Johnson was an All-State defensive player at Nederland and now starts for UT.  I'd say those two qualify as thoroughbred athletes.  By the way, this was Neumann's only Bulldogs team not to make the playoffs.

As for this game, I agree Nederland wins easily -  Nederland 28  GCM 13.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="837646" timestamp="1283546561"]
What a lot of people arent thinking about is what Neumann does with what hes got. Nederland has never had the true thoroughbred atheletes that some other schools had. Thats no excuse for poor playing, nor is it a knock on our players. Nederland typically has one or two good athletes but its the teamwork aspect and the fight that we have in our players. You dont see many Nederland players going on to play D-1 ball. My concern grows when I see someone giving up on a play. Last week one of our receivers tipped a pass and the defender intercepted it. Instead of trying to tackle the guy, he just stood there looking at his hands in amazement that he didnt catch it. I cant tolerate that kind of effort. Thats simply poor dedication to your team. Back on topic, Neumann has had great success and overcome lots of adversity over the years, and to me, hes the best coach in this area.

Nederland 35  GCM 14
[/quote]

That receiver is a Basketball player turned football player. He is trying to learn the game. Give him a break!

[quote name="5deep" post="837138" timestamp="1283480179"]
[/quote]
first off, who are you to say that after all coach has done for nederland, second seriously who are you to say that... you probably are some screw up who got kicked out of football and are just holding a grudge... in the past 17 years football has made the playoffs 15 times.. basketball 2?
[/quote]
So are you saying that anyone who plays basketball is a screw up who got kicked out of football? Secondly, history doesn't remember a program for how many years they can make the playoffs in a row, only washups and diehards remember those stats. People remember programs that have the word "championship" associated with them. Whether its a state championship or district championship, in our case it is probably a little more realistic to talk about a district championship. So for the past decade, which program has more CHAMPIONSHIPS? football or basketball? With that being said, i'm disappointed in myself for debating which sport is better from the same school. As a die hard nederland fan i should and do support all ned athletic programs and so should you. Too bad the athletic director doesn't.  :-\

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder