Bulldogs starting QB out for Friday's contest vs WOS

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="829606" timestamp="1282599359"]
[quote author=cooligan link=topic=71915.msg829600#msg829600 date=1282598863]
Prepare, are you kidding me prepare?????  Now that's funny coming from a WOS fan. According to your fan base, you're sooooooooo  good you don't need to prepare, your team can take the field and just react and you'll still beat over 90% of your foes by 3 - 4 TD's.  ;) 
[/quote]

According to one, that theory only applies on a dry field. ;) ;D
[/quote]

Hee hee hee.  (I had forgottn about that one)  ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="829606" timestamp="1282599359"]
Prepare, are you kidding me prepare?????  Now that's funny coming from a WOS fan. According to your fan base, you're sooooooooo  good you don't need to prepare, your team can take the field and just react and you'll still beat over 90% of your foes by 3 - 4 TD's.  ;) 
[/quote]

[/quote] :D

Just want to put in my knowledge of D. I know for a fact in basketball he is a flat out gym rat who is always playing at the rec and working hard at practice. Granted it is a completely different sport but I doubt he is at all lazy in one and not the other.

And as far as Raines goes I know he has a flat out ARM in baseball. Just not sure how well he is at reading a coverage but I am willing to wager he will be very good before he graduates.

[quote name="w" post="829618" timestamp="1282600463"]
Prepare, are you kidding me prepare?????  Now that's funny coming from a WOS fan. According to your fan base, you're sooooooooo  good you don't need to prepare, your team can take the field and just react and you'll still beat over 90% of your foes by 3 - 4 TD's.  ;)  
[/quote]

Why do you feel the need to lash out?  I was trying to be nice and you wanna get ugly.  tsk tsk tsk.  You don't play well with others, do ya?
[/quote]

i guess when your team is 7-24 all time versus wos, with one of those wins due to a forfeit, actually going after the football team hasnt been too successful. so maybe targeting the fan base is a little easier and less tramatic.  :-\

[quote name="cooligan" post="829600" timestamp="1282598863"]
[/quote]

Yawn... ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="venom33" post="829790" timestamp="1282616225"]
[quote author=w link=topic=71915.msg829618#msg829618 date=1282600463]
Prepare, are you kidding me prepare?????  Now that's funny coming from a WOS fan. According to your fan base, you're sooooooooo  good you don't need to prepare, your team can take the field and just react and you'll still beat over 90% of your foes by 3 - 4 TD's.  ;)  
[/quote]

Why do you feel the need to lash out?  I was trying to be nice and you wanna get ugly.  tsk tsk tsk.  You don't play well with others, do ya?
[/quote]

i guess when your team is 7-24 all time versus wos, with one of those wins due to a forfeit, actually going after the football team hasnt been too successful. so maybe targeting the fan base is a little easier and less tramatic.  :-\
[/quote]

Three of those wins were in-a-row. This will be a good game.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="829771" timestamp="1282615104"]
Just want to put in my knowledge of D. I know for a fact in basketball he is a flat out gym rat who is always playing at the rec and working hard at practice. Granted it is a completely different sport but I doubt he is at all lazy in one and not the other.

And as far as Raines goes I know he has a flat out ARM in baseball. Just not sure how well he is at reading a coverage but I am willing to wager he will be very good before he graduates.
[/quote]

I love your optimism, but you have to be realistic...D loafs in practice all the time and is extremly lazy but he has the tools and the will to make himself look good, so thats where his performence comes from.

And Carson Raines last start was a FRESHMAN GAME against lumberton last year. He is a monster at pitcher but im not favoring him at QB too much cause of the inexperience. Mabey next year he may show his stuff but i dont know about leading the team to beat WOS. Nederlands gotta get help from their running game with Jake Kemp and Troy and i hear Brett Brown is being moved to Center for this game so our O-Line is stout and not to mention our defence is as good as its been in a while. So if the running game can come through they still got a fighting chance.

My son played for Nederland and just graduated this year .. when he was sophmore he tore his acl, mcl, and meniscus .. all in the same game. It took him 7 months to recover 100%.  And has had no more problems, thank God. In his senior season he had another little tweek and i took him back to the Dr. and he thought he may have an MCL sprain .. luckily he did'nt .. if so the Dr. told us he would be out at least 4-6 weeks without and work to recover completely .. now D may be able to tolerate the pain and go out and play before then .. but anymore bangs on that knee and he could be gone for the Season. Thats what Coach Nuemann has to be thinking about if all this is true .. He still has a future in Basketball .. With all that being said, i think as in the past Coach will come up with some kind of solution and have this team ready to play .. The O line will have to really play hard cause i heard that D barely had time to get out of the way all night against Dayton.. and read in the PA News that the defense wore down late in the game, due to being on the field so much .. thats some of the same problems we've had over the past several years ..no matter how good you are, there has to be time for rest.  You can't ask a defense to stay on the field that much and still preform at the level they are capable of .. Hopefully all this will be worked out before Friday Night and before district and the Dogs will be in the playoffs again this year ..

[quote name="rykerx144" post="829623" timestamp="1282600823"]
[quote author=w link=topic=71915.msg829619#msg829619 date=1282600553]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=71915.msg829606#msg829606 date=1282599359]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why do YOU always have to intervene, too, AAW?  Just curious.  I don't know if you think you are funny or what?  It gets old, man.  Just sayin'
[/quote]

I thought it was pretty funny!!   ;D
[/quote]

Me to.That,ONE ought to know by now AAW don't forget.

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="829922" timestamp="1282657538"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=71915.msg829902#msg829902 date=1282656357]
I still pick Nederland to win at home.

Ned--24
WOS-21
;D

[/quote]

Way too go RR

I pick ned 27-21 ;D ;D
[/quote]

No,no,no.Both of you are wrong.No way wo-s makes 3 extra point kicks. ;D

im not making any judgements on the player or coaches and correct me if im wrong, but isnt an MCL sprain only limited by the pain of it.. Now, of course I am not saying it isnt painful, but from what I understand, he cant really injure it anymore than if he never had the sprain..

As far as Forney, I havent seen him in practice or anything, but I have heard similar sentiments from several others.. He has "The Chosen One" on his letter jacket.. whether or not that has any reflection on any of this is irrelevant..  At this point, I wouldnt mind giving a soph. the nod, get him some experience and work on developing him for having the starter job the next two years.. having a solid defense can do wonders for a struggling offense..

Give me a great defense any day, if the other team can't score and you keep them on their end of the field sooner or later they have to screw up. If you give your offense the ball inside the 20 enough times sooner or later they will fall into the end zone. As far as QB goes remember we took Dionte from the defensive line last year and played pretty good. With all the baseball pitchers we have one of them will step up and chunk the ball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder