Re: 12u Try Outs for Beaumont Blast

[quote name="SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA" post="824154" timestamp="1281390267"]
[quote author=Dottie link=topic=71322.msg824139#msg824139 date=1281389231]
[quote author=LU Cards Fan link=topic=71322.msg824135#msg824135 date=1281388610]
Well it seems that this team already has controversy surrounding it. I was told that the Blast was coming back, but I thought it would be a brand new team. But from the looks of things it just another team going under a new name. I really was hoping this was something like they had when I was at LU. My DD will continue to play in the metro area. Kind of disappointed that it is starting out with controversy. So correct me if I am wrong several dads have come under the umbrella of the blast, with girls that have been playing for them. If this is true the coaches should have posted this in the tryout info. Letting people think that this was a brand new team is completely wrong.

LU football is back 
[/quote]

This IS a new team (And no.. I'm not associated with them but know who they are) Coach Don who was a Blast coach from way back when.. has come back into coaching. Other coaches are from the 10U GT Shockers of last season and one of the coaches from OOC's 10U team last season.  I do not know who all made the team but I do know there were a few girls from the shockers team and one of the girls from OOC that most likely made this team.

There really isn't any controversy other than ridiculous stuff that needs to go away. They are bringing back "blast" but it stands to reason some of the girls will be girls who were on other teams from here as the original blast girls are all grown up. They had a pretty good turn out at tryouts and hopefully ended up with a really strong team of girls.

This IS a new team. There are simply some girls who had been team mates last season. But that happens with every team. It's really not a big deal. And I'm sure they will be a great team who will carry on the Blast pride!
[/quote]

See, Dottie... This is exactly the nonsense I was referring to earlier. What did they think the players were going to all be league players? This area isn't that big...that means a limited talent pool. Any idiot could figure that out.  But I strongly suspect the "controversy" that supposedly surrounds this team comes from a few "daddies" that have their panties in  knot because they couldn't control all in the Golden Triangle softball world. I guess they thought they were "softball gods" and couldn't handle it when their underhanded tactics didn't pan out in their favor.

I've also noticed that a lot of these "controversial" posts come from fairly new users and most of their posts have been targeted at creating "controversy". If you ask me it is one or two people with an agenda posting under multiple names. 
[/quote]

Here is proof of ANOTHER lie.......you didnt stay out of anything. If you suspect such, just ask a moderator,  they can tell you who these people are, because it is against forum rules to have multiple names.

I can tell you for a fact, that it isnt anyone from ANY of the GTS teams.......as you insenuate!

You may have also noticed that anyone posting from my team or the GTS Org, has signed their name.......thats because we are NOT cowards and we do NOT hide behind screen names.........You started all of this BEFORE I even posted requesting that we be left out of it!

And Ill say again, leave us out of your conversations.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA" post="824154" timestamp="1281390267"]
[b][color=red]This area isn't that big...that means a limited talent pool.[/color] [/b] Any idiot could figure that out.
[/quote]

[quote author=SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA link=topic=71322.msg825793#msg825793 date=1281902956]
As Dottie stated before, [b][color=red]there is enough talent to support both teams[/color][/b], but for some reason, certain people are just very opposed to that, which is very puzzling to me.
[/quote]

So which is it?  Is there enough talent to support two teams or is there a limited talent pool in this area?? 

Amy

[quote name="setx99" post="825921" timestamp="1281932389"]
Tigers9 would you please clarify your "step children comment" and let us know who this comment is being made toward?  Who are the "THEY" that you are referencing?  [u][b]Also, who are the ex-GTS coaches who helped put your team together? [/b] [/u]
[/quote]

That ex-coach would be me. I helped coach the GTShocker's 16U Team before my daughter moved up to the Gold Team. I was at both tryouts for the 12U Team with Craig and Trout and I will be helping with the team as well. I hope that answers that question for you.

Dale Williams

[quote name="setx99" post="825921" timestamp="1281932389"]
Tigers9 would you please clarify your "step children comment" and let us know who this comment is being made toward?  Who are the "THEY" that you are referencing?  Also, who are the ex-GTS coaches who helped put your team together?
[/quote]

Id be more than glad to continue this conversation, (I dont think yall really want the truth) but I will continue it OR you can do as Ive asked (for the 3rd time now) leave US out of your conversations!

If you really want to know these answers, you can call me at 284-6809.....that way no ones feelings have to get hurt on this message board!

SETX99 please call that number to get all your questions answered....I know for a fact he will tell you all you want to know!!! I thought we were going to keep the Shockers out of IT. But if you are going to write about the Shockers call those numbers and they will clerify any questions that you have pertaining to the Shockers!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder