James/ Cleveland

[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="816924" timestamp="1278642751"]
Did LeBron really need to go on the air to slap Cleveland? I sort of understand leaving, but why rub it in? ( I really don't understand. I work in an ISD in which I make $4000-8000 less than I could elsewhere. And yes, I have had a chance to leave.)
[/quote]

Owner just slapped back, scathing

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="816939" timestamp="1278649779"]
[quote author=KDOSullivan link=topic=70910.msg816924#msg816924 date=1278642751]
Did LeBron really need to go on the air to slap Cleveland? I sort of understand leaving, but why rub it in? ( I really don't understand. I work in an ISD in which I make $4000-8000 less than I could elsewhere. And yes, I have had a chance to leave.)
[/quote]

Owner just slapped back, scathing

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html
[/quote]

He's not finished:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365793

As I've said all along..

CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert says [color=red][size=18pt]LeBron James "quit" during the playoffs[/size][/color] and should be accountable for his actions.

Gilbert, who posted a letter to Cavs fans on the team's website shortly after James announced he plans to sign with Miami, tells The Associated Press late Thursday night that he feels "personally betrayed" by James and that it's "accountability time."

In a phone interview with the AP, Gilbert says "people have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."

[color=red][size=18pt]Gilbert says James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics[/size][/color], who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

"He quit," Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

The Cavaliers were beaten by 32 points in Game 5. During the game, James appeared distracted and uninterested, often glaring at Cleveland's coaches as the Cavs tried to foul to get back into the game in the second half. James also made some puzzling postgame comments, saying he had "spoiled" people with his play over seven seasons.

In the span of just a few weeks i've gone from being an indifferent fan who enjoyed watching him to see what he was going to pull off... to a now passionate fan who wants nothing more than to see him fail.  I can understand the move, but could he have shown any less class in doing it?  Abandon your hometown team?  That's tough, but forgiveable for the right reason...  string along 6 franchises for weeks, and thus not allowing them to make any other free agency moves while they wait for you to make a decision that you've already made?  That's BS.  Indulge yourself by creating an hour long espn special for your coming out party?  arrogant and self-serving.  Of course, espn didn't call him out on any of this... one bland and gutless fraud is not going to ask anything that might make another bland and gutless fraud uncomfortable.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="817041" timestamp="1278695622"]
They're crucifying him in Cleveland
[/quote]

i honestly think had he not strung cleveland, and the whole franchise, along, and done this professionally, instead of turning it into a 3-ring circus, there would be disappointment in cleveland instead of hatred.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="817134" timestamp="1278716099"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=70910.msg817041#msg817041 date=1278695622]
[/quote]

i honestly think had he not strung cleveland, and the whole franchise, along, and done this professionally, instead of turning it into a 3-ring circus, there would be disappointment in cleveland instead of hatred.
[/quote]

Listened to "Mad Dog" Russo on XM going to Beaumont this afternoon and he interviewed several people in the Cavs Organization.
After I heard what he did, no matter how good you are, sometimes it is not worth it.
- The owner of the Cavs called LeBron 4 times, left 3 text messages trying to get a heads-up of what to expect. LeBron refused to call or text him back.
- Lebron insisted that many of his entourage be ferried with him on the team plane between games.
- LeBron insisted that his entourage be hired by the Cavs in "make-work" jobs in which the person did little or no work.
- LeBron would barely speak to the longtime play-by-play man, Joe Tait of the Cavs. Treated him pretty much as the "hired help."
This is just what I heard in 30 minutes of travel time. On the way home I listened to classic rock. Enough of LeBron.

I also heard that the main decision of him not going to Chicago, where he would've had a better shot at a championship, was that they refused to cater to the needs of his entourage.  They said they didn't do it for Jordan, so they weren't going to do it for him.

[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="817163" timestamp="1278719867"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=70910.msg817134#msg817134 date=1278716099]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Listened to "Mad Dog" Russo on XM going to Beaumont this afternoon and he interviewed several people in the Cavs Organization.
After I heard what he did, no matter how good you are, sometimes it is not worth it.
- The owner of the Cavs called LeBron 4 times, left 3 text messages trying to get a heads-up of what to expect. LeBron refused to call or text him back.
- Lebron insisted that many of his entourage be ferried with him on the team plane between games.
- LeBron insisted that his entourage be hired by the Cavs in "make-work" jobs in which the person did little or no work.
- LeBron would barely speak to the longtime play-by-play man, Joe Tait of the Cavs. Treated him pretty much as the "hired help."
This is just what I heard in 30 minutes of travel time. On the way home I listened to classic rock. Enough of LeBron.
[/quote]

If he was this bad and the owner hated him, it didn't keep the Cavs from offering him $130 million. This guys reaction was tacky and childish. He's an idiot!

[quote name="Yeoj" post="817327" timestamp="1278783877"]
[quote author=KDOSullivan link=topic=70910.msg817163#msg817163 date=1278719867]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=70910.msg817134#msg817134 date=1278716099]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If he was this bad and the owner hated him, it didn't keep the Cavs from offering him $130 million. This guys reaction was tacky and childish. He's an idiot!
[/quote]

The team/city had invested so much in LeBron they couldn't do anything but hope for the best. Would I have lashed out like Gilbert? No. That said, I wouldn't have done a LeBron and led Cleveland on ( nor the Knicks, Bulls, or Clippers etc....) His entire ESPN "Me Fest" was awful. He kicked 4 cities in the head so it could all be about LeBron. If you want to go to another town to make more money, win a ring, that's America. I don't know who advised him, but the last weeks, it has been a disaster. The entire LeBron situation was classless.

im not a big basketball fan but i have been following this whole lebron fiasco... i saw that both him and bosh signed for the exact same amounts. if this is correct at what point did bosh become worth as much as lebron? it always seemed to me that bosh was a tag along in this entire thing.  jmo

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="817437" timestamp="1278802192"]
I don't understand Wade getting less than the other two unless he pulled something as unselfish as taking less to help the team
[/quote]

I think LeBron might have moved to Florida, took less money, because he would wind up in the long run better off due to the fact there is no state income tax.
( Still don't make it right the way he did it....)

[quote name="bullets13000" post="817487" timestamp="1278823122"]
they all took less money to help the team, but when you're talking about the type of money they're getting, it's not like they'll notice what they passed up.
[/quote]Also the endorsements will make up for everything, believe that. You'll see alot of Labrons Wade and Bosh commercials.

[quote name="bcjag10" post="817590" timestamp="1278906980"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=70910.msg817487#msg817487 date=1278823122]
they all took less money to help the team, but when you're talking about the type of money they're getting, it's not like they'll notice what they passed up.
[/quote]Also the endorsements will make up for everything, believe that. You'll see alot of Labrons Wade and Bosh commercials.
[/quote]

Yes sir, they'll be selling shoes, cars, sports drinks, shave cream, who knows what else......

I didn't like Lebron going to Miami at first, and I still don't.   I've gotten over it though.  It's only basketball.   In Cleveland LBJ was a big fish in a small pond.   The Cavaliers let him do whatever he wanted, like dancing during the games, throwing chalk up in the air like a nincompoop, putting his buddies on the payroll.  The result of all that is that he lost respect for that team.

He had a right to leave, but the way he handled his departure was classless.  Cleveland's owner, Gilbert, made it much worse with his stupid comments.  Now Jesse Jackson has turned it into a racial issue.  (I am black btw).  It is a big circus.

It is a waste of time hating on the Miami Heat though.  They should win a lot of championships.  I don't hate them, but I will be rooting for someone else to beat them.

It should be interesting.

Ok. This is all stupid. Let LeBron go where he wants. It is a business. But i dont think you people understand why Lebron made this a big deal on TV. If you people didnt read about it, all the money made off advertisement and sponsers during the hour long show were donated to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Seem like a good idea? I do.

Next, Lebron wanted to make it a surprise to all teams and cities. Imagine if Lebron would have told any of those teams that they have no chance. Word would get out fast and those cities wouldnt even watch the event. He wanted the highest ratings and the most tvs watching as possible. The drama was a good way to do that.

Now, what next for Lebron? Does he go from one the most idolized atheletes in the world to the most hated? Or do people get a grip with reality and let a grown man make his own desicions? I think all this talk about lebron is stupid. Let the man do what he wants in this business and move on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder