21-3A 2010-2011 season

[quote name="hj15" post="823211" timestamp="1281040432"]
How come Betrayed sometimes writes like and adult that has some command of the English language and sometimes he writes like an illterate 3rd grader?? I can't even understand what he's talking about sometimes. And again he obviously doesn't know where half of the guys he's talking about actually live.
[/quote]

Betrayed is grasping at straws.  He wants to discredit coaching staff and suggest that "his buddies" are the only reason HJ has had success.  The best team ever at HJ was the 91 state champs and it had little if anything to do with being from "across the tracks".  In his weak attempt to discredit HJ  - he goes back and finds one game that they lost and hammers on it,  Bottom line, personal disagreement with who plays now and who played in the past.  He doesnt believe that the coaching staff is better quallified than he is to determine who plays now or some years ago.( can you say personal axe to grind?)  People who believe that are a dime a dozen. Nobody needs to take my word for it.  Investigate for yourself.  If you look at the coaching record of Sutherland, Lee and Davis at schools other than HJ, you will find a degree of success equal to or greater than what has taken place at HJ.  Therefore, "the players from across the tracks" are NOT the reason for the success of the coaching staff.  As someone else already said, facts dont lie and the fact is that each of these coaches were hugely successful as head coaches at other schools.  There is no way Betrayed can alter that fact.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="823266" timestamp="1281056754"]
[quote author=hj15 link=topic=70622.msg823211#msg823211 date=1281040432]
How come Betrayed sometimes writes like and adult that has some command of the English language and sometimes he writes like an illterate 3rd grader?? I can't even understand what he's talking about sometimes. And again he obviously doesn't know where half of the guys he's talking about actually live.
[/quote]

Betrayed is grasping at straws.  He wants to discredit coaching staff and suggest that "his buddies" are the only reason HJ has had success.  The best team ever at HJ was the 91 state champs and it had little if anything to do with being from "across the tracks".  In his weak attempt to discredit HJ  - he goes back and finds one game that they lost and hammers on it,  Bottom line, personal disagreement with who plays now and who played in the past.  He doesnt believe that the coaching staff is better quallified than he is to determine who plays now or some years ago.( can you say personal axe to grind?)  People who believe that are a dime a dozen. Nobody needs to take my word for it.  Investigate for yourself.  If you look at the coaching record of Sutherland, Lee and Davis at schools other than HJ, you will find a degree of success equal to or greater than what has taken place at HJ.  Therefore, "the players from across the tracks" are NOT the reason for the success of the coaching staff.  As someone else already said, facts dont lie and the fact is that each of these coaches were hugely successful as head coaches at other schools.  There is no way Betrayed can alter that fact.
[/quote]

AMEN!!!!

(to counter this post would be futile)

Betrayed is grasping at straws.  He wants to discredit coaching staff and suggest that "his buddies" are the only reason HJ has had success.  The best team ever at HJ was the 91 state champs and it had little if anything to do with being from "across the tracks".  In his weak attempt to discredit HJ  - he goes back and finds one game that they lost and hammers on it,  Bottom line, personal disagreement with who plays now and who played in the past.  He doesnt believe that the coaching staff is better quallified than he is to determine who plays now or some years ago.( can you say personal axe to grind?)  People who believe that are a dime a dozen. Nobody needs to take my word for it.  Investigate for yourself.  If you look at the coaching record of Sutherland, Lee and Davis at schools other than HJ, you will find a degree of success equal to or greater than what has taken place at HJ.  Therefore, "the players from across the tracks" are NOT the reason for the success of the coaching staff.  As someone else already said, facts dont lie and the fact is that each of these coaches were hugely successful as head coaches at other schools.  There is no way Betrayed can alter that fact.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Are you serious?? I figured you would say that the 91 team, which were 99.9% from Pine Wood is the best team Hj has had ever had. I guess you never heard of  All American Rocky Rocquemore and company. All 4 of the teams he played on would've destroyed that 91 team. And oh yeah, they had several players from across the track on that team. 1 of'm happen to be the current football coach at Hj, "Martel" ;D Matter of fact that 94 team would beat them too. Led by Kenyon Spears, Bo Bo Andersen, Josh Freeman, Todd Peveto, Travis Coleman, Tim Andersen, Deon Turner. Those are 7 of the 12 players from across the track. By the way, just found out Hj's principal was on that 91 team, and guess what ??? " He's from across the tracks."  Lazeek, right back at ya. Boooyaa!!!!

;D[quote name="LAZEEK" post="823300" timestamp="1281065210"]
Pow........Pow, Pow!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
If you look at the coaching record of Sutherland, Lee and Davis at schools other than HJ, you will find a degree of success equal to or greater than what has taken place at HJ.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D [color=red]Talent Chasers[/color] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Far as Sutherland, he has only had a couple of years of coaching where he didn't have the District Mvp, 2a or 3a player of the year, and at least 1, because multiple times he's had 2 first Team All-State players at the same time almost every year he's coached. And when he didn't have those caliber of players, he either didn't make the playoffs or his team lost in the 1st round. Like you said, you cant alter facts, Numbers don't lie ;)  Here's the proof, Jason Thomas, and T. J White from East Chambers. Kountze, all 3 brothers "must i say" Trey Peters, and Ashton Hall. Then goes to Hj and gets blessed with 4 first cousins "Benard, Turner, Prudhomme, Bosha," and the great Ryan Donahoe.  Yeah I heard Davis took a team to the playoffs. But he also had a stud player that can shoot the lights out. Its ironic they won state the year after he left tho. Im going to leave Lee out of this because he seems to mind his business, unlike others ;D

Most schools with that kind of talent won't hire anyone that doesn't have the talent to coach superstars like Coach Sutherland does. I have never seen a coach that could reel in a "superstar" when they needed to be for the good of the team like Sutherland can.

[quote name="Betrayed" post="823308" timestamp="1281068604"]
;D[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=70622.msg823300#msg823300 date=1281065210]
Pow........Pow, Pow!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
If you look at the coaching record of Sutherland, Lee and Davis at schools other than HJ, you will find a degree of success equal to or greater than what has taken place at HJ.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D [color=red]Talent Chasers[/color] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Far as Sutherland, he has only had a couple of years of coaching where he didn't have the District Mvp, 2a or 3a player of the year, and at least 1, because multiple times he's had 2 first Team All-State players at the same time almost every year he's coached. And when he didn't have those caliber of players, he either didn't make the playoffs or his team lost in the 1st round. Like you said, you cant alter facts, Numbers don't lie ;)  Here's the proof, Jason Thomas, and T. J White from East Chambers. Kountze, all 3 brothers "must i say" Trey Peters, and Ashton Hall. Then goes to Hj and gets blessed with 4 first cousins "Benard, Turner, Prudhomme, Bosha," and the great Ryan Donahoe.  Yeah I heard Davis took a team to the playoffs. But he also had a stud player that can shoot the lights out. Its ironic they won state the year after he left tho. Im going to leave Lee out of this because he seems to mind his business, unlike others ;D
[/quote]  You are going to leave lee out because he doesnt challenge any of that BS you put on here.  Nobody believes you but you, so keep posting.  As for Davis, he took several teams to the playoffs and turned a 2-26 team into a district champion his first year and was coach of the year.  Sorry, no kids from across the tracks involved.  Keep trying though because the more you try, the sillier you look.

I don't think he's serious, if he is he knows less about the game than anyone I know.The HJ staff makes more on the fly game adjustments than any staff around.I went to Jasper for several years to watch ballgames and Coach Davis turned that program around over night.Don't hate on the coaches because they have good players and the last time I checked it didn't matter what side the tracks you came from when it came to playing the game.

[quote name="whsalum" post="823666" timestamp="1281226383"]
I don't think he's serious, if he is he knows less about the game than anyone I know.The HJ staff makes more on the fly game adjustments than any staff around.I went to Jasper for several years to watch ballgames and Coach Davis turned that program around over night.Don't hate on the coaches because they have good players and the last time I checked it didn't matter what side the tracks you came from when it came to playing the game.
[/quote]

Bottom line is this- Betrayed didnt lilke the playing time he got and he doesnt like the playing time someone else got.  He has already put himself and a couple of friends in a jam, and you can rest assured he is about to make it uglier.  Betrayed, since you seem to like to belittle Coach Davis, check this one out.  See how the playoff preview game came out the year that Kountze was #1 in the state with Hall and Keithan Hancock when they played little known Tatum coached by Davis. 

I see this district as pretty predictable...the top two are undisputable, as are the bottom two.  The only argumentable point that I see is, like always, the all-important 3-4 spot.  And WOS is losing a bunch.  I gotta say, I'm not being very brave when I call:

1. Silsbee
2. Hardin Jefferson
3. Orangefield
4. WO-S
5. Bridge City
6. Hamshire Fannett 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bleed orange
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="867066" timestamp="1286379219"]
I see some things never change. HF is going to have to be the show-me-school. :)
[/quote]

What do you expect Blue? They have been the bottom of the barrel for a long time. I hope they do turn it around and prove everyone wrong. I always pull for the underdog unless it is against OF or Dallas. LOL!!!!!!!

[quote name="bleed orange" post="875006" timestamp="1287110334"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=70622.msg867066#msg867066 date=1286379219]
I see some things never change. HF is going to have to be the show-me-school. :)
[/quote]

What do you expect Blue? They have been the bottom of the barrel for a long time. I hope they do turn it around and prove everyone wrong. I always pull for the underdog unless it is against OF or Dallas. LOL!!!!!!!
[/quote]I know Bleed. But one day-y-y-y-y! ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="875111" timestamp="1287116318"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=70622.msg875006#msg875006 date=1287110334]
[/quote]

[/quote]

HF will do well this year because Dove has them projected as state champs the following season.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="824131" timestamp="1281388312"]
I see this district as pretty predictable...the top two are undisputable, as are the bottom two.  The only argumentable point that I see is, like always, the all-important 3-4 spot.  And WOS is losing a bunch.  I gotta say, I'm not being very brave when I call:

1. Silsbee
2. Hardin Jefferson
3. Orangefield
4. WO-S
5. Bridge City
6. Hamshire Fannett 
[/quote] I would not take my eye off of WO-S I hear they have a few kids that have moved in this year and I hear they can realy play ball. And with a new coach that likes to play up temp. game they may make a little noise this year.

[quote name="stevenash" post="879794" timestamp="1287430891"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=70622.msg875111#msg875111 date=1287116318]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=70622.msg875006#msg875006 date=1287110334]
[/quote]

[/quote]

HF will do well this year because Dove has them projected as state champs the following season.
[/quote]Whoa! That was one and 2 years ago when I was making those comments. Time is drawing near. Surely you didn't take me THAT serious, did you  ???  ;)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="880702" timestamp="1287509575"]
HF has no talent in basketball. They are better off not even putting a team together.
[/quote]

You obviously have no clue as to what is going on down in the rice fields. HF will have a promising team in the near future. Still probably a couple of years away, but they did get a "move-in" this year that will help. ;)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="880702" timestamp="1287509575"]
HF has no talent in basketball. They are better off not even putting a team together.
[/quote]Well I think it's good to put a team together because it would get boring playing each other in P.E. everyday. Plus it helps the other teams in the district to get in a "soft" game so their non-starters can get a run.  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="879829" timestamp="1287433169"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=70622.msg879794#msg879794 date=1287430891]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=70622.msg875111#msg875111 date=1287116318]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I take all of your comments seriously, Dove because you NEVER lie, right?

[/quote]Whoa! That was one and 2 years ago when I was making those comments. Time is drawing near. Surely you didn't take me THAT serious, did you  ???  ;)
[/quote]

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83